Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-03-2017, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob19Lee View Post
I am currently dealing with Chris Stanley, from Kensington/Rodemann & Wood. He has gone out of his way to help us. Very highly recommended.

Lee
When we were looking for a property last year we visited just about every agent in P.P. and Pollensa town. I agree with you about Chris - the most professional of all those who showed us around property. He had all the information to hand, was punctual and gave us lots of honest advice. It is a shame that the owner of the apartment we put an offer in after Chris had spent 3 or 4 afternoons with us decided to increase the price! We did buy in the end but with another agency - so for Chris all his work was for nothing.
Rob19Lee likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 25-03-2017, 20:32

I used Kristin at the above agents! Lovely chap! Need to keep chasing though. Full of promises but has the confidence to deliver if you are on his back. Should we have to be for 5% plus iva?

Last edited by Tomir; 29-03-2017 at 20:59.
Old 26-03-2017, 22:47

We have bought (not sold) using Bea at Prestige Villas and she and her colleagues have been fantastic. I would highly recommend her.
Old 29-03-2017, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
We have bought (not sold) using Bea at Prestige Villas and she and her colleagues have been fantastic. I would highly recommend her.
Another one never to be heard from after taking on my apartment. Bea was once with Barnard's I believe. They are no longer around. Some were against their methods and there is a reason they are not around now but at least they got results.
Old 11-04-2017, 15:39

I am currently out viewing properties and am so far very impressed with Kensington properties. Less impressed with the agent I tried to view with this afternoon. Sad to say were very rude despite realising that they had made a mistake with arranged viewing time and I was correct. Their loss!
Old 18-04-2017, 15:54

No great fan of estate agents (especially at 5% commission!!) however just sold through Veronica at Mundo Mediterráneo on the front. Excellent service, lots of viewings and negotiated a more than acceptable price for the property. Took over a year to sell but worth hanging on for the right price
Old 19-04-2017, 08:08

Why are you paying 5%
I've been quoted as low as 3.5% which I still find high.
Old 19-04-2017, 09:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel View Post
Why are you paying 5%
The fees these so called professionals charge for a so called service is border line criminal! I have found out alot that I will be shaming and naming in a blog I am writing. Some have the nerve to charge 6%

I hope you can sell at 3.5% Rebel but be aware that these people will tell you anything to get your property listed on their website. The more propertys they have on there site the better they look. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the 3.5% is a little agent a little way along the Pine Walk. They will not work hard to sell yours at 3.5% if the one next door will pay 5%.

Another game they play is to tell you they have interest which keeps you happy but what they don't tell you is that they throw your property in to sell another. Your one may make another look better value. Not that i'm suggesting there is anything wrong with your property. Just example.

If you have negotiated at still a high price of 3.5% then I think you should share the contact so at least others can save a little even if still a rip off! Also be careful that a sale isn't with a split with your agent and another as you may find your 3.5% turns into 7% with iva on top.
Good luck!

Last edited by Tomir; 19-04-2017 at 09:50.
Old 19-04-2017, 18:28

Quote:
Why are you paying 5%
Its like any service you pay for, was quoted lower (even lower than 3.5%) but agents were very poor - would rather pay 5% and have it marketed and promoted properly especially with so many properties for sale in PP.

Could have done it for even less online, but more than happy to pay the 5% for the offer received, over what was genuinely expected and no hassle with viewings etc...
Old 19-04-2017, 19:06

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by One for the Road View Post
Its like any service you pay for, was quoted lower (even lower than 3.5%) but agents were very poor - would rather pay 5% and have it marketed and promoted properly especially with so many properties for sale in PP.

Could have done it for even less online, but more than happy to pay the 5% for the offer received, over what was genuinely expected and no hassle with viewings etc...
Perhaps you might like to share who your good experience was with? That may help others
Old 19-04-2017, 20:56

Hi
I said I was quoted as low as 3.5% but went for a sole agent at a 4% deal after doing some homework.
I will not say who this rate was agreed with as that's not fare on the agents.
All I can say is the agents are at the top of the tree for website, monthly newsletter, viewing arrangements feed back on viewings etc. not very poor agents as suggested.
I informed you don't have to pay 5% to get the best agents as the above posting seam to suggest. lf you have paid 5% for crap service that's your fault, before you sign up to a agent do your due diligence ask other people on the forum for a good agent who they have used then negotiate a better rate. It not good enough to run down agents on this site as there is two sides to a agreement. So do your homework.
Old 19-04-2017, 21:38

Quote:
Hi
I said I was quoted as low as 3.5% but went for a sole agent at a 4% deal after doing some homework.
I will not say who this rate was agreed with as that's not fare on the agents.
All I can say is the agents are at the top of the tree for website, monthly newsletter, viewing arrangements feed back on viewings etc. not very poor agents as suggested.
I informed you don't have to pay 5% to get the best agents as the above posting seam to suggest. lf you have paid 5% for crap service that's your fault, before you sign up to a agent do your due diligence ask other people on the forum for a good agent who they have used then negotiate a better rate. It not good enough to run down agents on this site as there is two sides to a agreement. So do your homework.
Not fair on agents? Why? If they are so good why not share the knowledge? Isn't that part of doing homework. You say ask but when asked you refuse to share. I think you find that credit is given where it is due but few and far between. Many people have had terrible service from agents and speak from there experience. How can not sharing a good agent be unfair as that just excuses the behaviour of those not up to scratch. It is good business to be responsible for actions. If we had a bad meal that restaurant would be mentioned as would the ones providing good - Why are agents to be treated differently? It is not the sellers 'fault' to pay 5% for crap service as they are often drawn in by the sales patter of the agents promising so much. It is after wards the obvious is seen. Therefore you sharing your experience would be most helpful and beneficial for the homework! Your earlier post contradicts your last post so please do put us straight! Thanks!
pansy potter and Tangoman like this.

Last edited by Tomir; 19-04-2017 at 21:41.
Old 19-04-2017, 22:31

Ive had good service from several agents in the past in the port it doesn't mean they still offer good service so you need to do your homework now, sales people give you bullshit to get you on there books do your homework, then negotiate, negotiate.
When I'm in a contract as a businessman I don't disclose my partner

As I said the agent I'm using is top of the tree, and more than happy So far, when there contract is completed I will be more than be happy to name
In the past I've used Balearic properties Engel and Volkers both gave me good service.
Old 22-04-2017, 19:18

Oh dear! My husband has been using my log in and I can see he has ruffled a few feathers! I have to say that I have to agree with his frustration and annoyance regarding the unprofessional attitude and dealings we have had with many an agent. Balearic Properties are just a throw against the wall hoping a few might stick approach. We spoke with a member of their staff who confirmed the target system used. I now understand why so many agents are only interested in getting the property on their books. What really grated us to was the lack of follow up. We would go out of our way to accomodate any viewing often even paying our housekeeper to be present to just never hear a word again. Our house keeper was astounded that for 5% the agent just stood at the door and pointed to various obvious areas admitting he had never even seen the place before. How can this be classed as a good service? There is something very wrong that they are able to get away with this approach. Personally we are delighted that Facebook have many free groups with so much information including sales and rents that with luck these so called professionals will get the wake up call they so need. I love puerto pollensa and fans of pueto pollensa are such facebook group which is growing daily to involve many areas of communication. I would suggest people start to go the social media route and teach these volchers a lesson.
Old 22-04-2017, 19:31
Super Moderator

I think you have made your opinions known now, time to let this go and allow others to make up their own minds. Thank you.