Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-06-2011, 08:32

Default Local Estate Agents

If you already own property and are thinking of selling how do you go about selecting a suitable estate agent. Fees are high by UK standards (up to 7%) so you donīt want to make a mistake.
I am presently trying to find a suitable property for some friends so I have emailed all the agents in the port area. I sent each one details of the property sought and asked then to send back details of anything they had that may be suitable. The replies I have received range at one end from detailed discussions about each possible property to, at the other, a curt message from a Blackberry saying `look at websiteī.
Anyone interested in knowing which agents provide a service and which just take your money and do nothing are invited to send me a private message.
Sponsored Links
Old 17-06-2011, 18:40
Under Moderation

Seriously,I donīt think this is a correct way of giving information about the local estate agents,I think this should be taken of this forum!Some respect please!
Old 17-06-2011, 20:09
Founder

Nicki, as this information is only being discussed privately, I cannot see that it is an issue.
Old 17-06-2011, 21:33

Location: 39°33′06″N 002°44′20″E / 39.55167°N 2.73889°E / 39.5

I tend to agree with Pollensa - those in the 'know' are aware there (for eg) is a property market throughout Spain that exists/revolves around the undeclared economy of the Country as it does in Greece/Ireland/Portugal which to some extent is why those Countries have created a position in the eurozone they are not proud of BUT if a property owner is able to offer their property for sale or at a lesser rental than one in, say. Belgium then you have to ask why.... possibly because they are paying less tax (I dispute this in EU countries) or maybe they are not telling the tax man!!!!! So keep it PRIVATE whether it be a rental or sale - below the radar of the tax man in Spain or England - advertise it (if you wish) or sell/rent to family & friends but FFS don't declare it to the WORLD!
Old 17-06-2011, 21:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
I tend to agree with Pollensa - those in the 'know' are aware there (for eg) is a property market throughout Spain that exists/revolves around the undeclared economy of the Country as it does in Greece/Ireland/Portugal which to some extent is why those Countries have created a position in the eurozone they are not proud of BUT if a property owner is able to offer their property for sale or at a lesser rental than one in, say. Belgium then you have to ask why.... possibly because they are paying less tax (I dispute this in EU countries) or maybe they are not telling the tax man!!!!! So keep it PRIVATE whether it be a rental or sale - below the radar of the tax man in Spain or England - advertise it (if you wish) or sell/rent to family & friends but FFS don't declare it to the WORLD!
Doh!? as Bart Simpson would say!! Whats this to do with Deanscroft's question?

My FlickR Photos
Old 17-06-2011, 22:09

Default Buying a Property in PP

Deleted as not MY post - password changed!

Last edited by Sun Properties; 18-06-2011 at 07:47. Reason: Not my post!
Old 17-06-2011, 23:52

Wow this has gone so way of topic all Deanscroft was saying is he was willing privately to share his experiences with local estate agents which at some time people may find useful.
Which in my opinion is very kind and helpful of him and could save some people valuable time and money at some time plus he stated so as not to cause embarrassment he would keep the information private and not published here.
Old 18-06-2011, 04:45

Ahhhh - my favourite subject! Emm! Estate agents in Pollensa - I could write a book! Feel free to pm me too! It would be quite a read!
Old 18-06-2011, 09:15

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Properties View Post
Deleted as not MY post - password changed!
How has that happened Sun?

Have the hackers that attacked Sony chosen the Forum as their next target?

My FlickR Photos
Old 18-06-2011, 11:14
Founder

Flyer,

as has already been pointed out your response has nothing to do with mine. Deanscroft posted that some Agents had been more responsive than others & that he was prepared to discuss this privately. Nicki objected to the post & asked for it to be removed & I responded as a moderator saying that I did not think that was necessary.
Old 18-06-2011, 16:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicki View Post
Seriously,I donīt think this is a correct way of giving information about the local estate agents,I think this should be taken of this forum!Some respect please!
Hi Nicki
I applaud you for supporting the local agents and appreciate that some are members of this forum as are some of their family. Deanscroft's comment was a general observation and one he was prepared to share privately, as am I.

No one company has been singled out so I therefore think Deanscroft did show respect. Just my opinion.
Old 19-06-2011, 08:23

Hi an interesting subject, I think we all have tales to tell. As they say there are the good, the bad and the plain ugly. I am not sure why Nicki feels there has been a lack of respect. We have owned property in the north of Mallorca since the late 80's. Sold and bought several times, and certainly have had some bad experiences from agents, one particular person who is not on the island now. I am showing respect Nicki because I am not mentioning the name. The best experience was with local (Pollensa) builders who successfully built our present villa. We only had evening class Spanish and they didn't have any English but we got there somehow. We loved the paying bit, they would take us to La Fonda in Pollensa for a lunchtime meal, and at the end pay for the meal and present us with our "account". Wonderful. To keep the build on target our friends in the area used to take photos of the building progress.
Old 20-06-2011, 08:57

To those of you who have asked (privately) for information please be patient as it is at the moment ā work in progressī.
Old 25-06-2011, 20:54

First of all 7% is criminal & should be reduced to 1.5% this is extortion at its height, secondly we have changed property several times & did the same thing as you Deans(emailed requirements) only we only managed to get 3 replies, so I can confirm your sentiments.
Old 27-06-2011, 09:19

I do not want to get involved in any arguments here but just to clarify, I have never heard of a 7% commission being charged, the norm is 5% as with a lot of other European countries, some agents charge 6% if they have an exclusive contract with the seller, some also charge less than the 5% and I have to say this is only my experience. Deanscroft if want to deal with a very experienced English agent who has been in the business for many years and has a good reputation for telling the truth about how the property is then send me a pm and I will send his name and the company he works for, I do not have his phone number to hand.