Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   Endesa ON LINE (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/11183-endesa-line.html)

fil6699 24-05-2014 22:55

Gordon I think things have changed as I said in my first post I went to the office I didn't wait long the lady spoke good English was amazingly helpful sorted my online account out and got me a better rate for my Electric. Have to say it was probably the most productive trip I ever made to Allcudia in over 20 years I seriously recommend any body who wants to get a grip of the Electric bill situation here to take the time and visit the office :)

graham 12-02-2015 12:10

My bill from Endesa during the winter months seems really high. No one is there, everything is switched off and the meter reading is therefore zero. But I'm still getting two monthly bills of over 100 Euros. Does that make any sense to anyone? Is there a number I can ring to speak to someone who speaks English?

Nick 12-02-2015 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by graham (Post 100397)
My bill from Endesa during the winter months seems really high. No one is there, everything is switched off and the meter reading is therefore zero. But I'm still getting two monthly bills of over 100 Euros. Does that make any sense to anyone? Is there a number I can ring to speak to someone who speaks English?

Funny you should say that. We have exactly the same thing. A bill, direct debit, every single month and all different. I assume the meters are never read? I've no idea how they work it out and I'm not out often enough to supply an up-to-date reading. Might have to invest some time and pay the Alcudia office a visit as fil suggests but who wants to spend valuable holiday time doing that?!

What does everyone else do???

mike_dublin 12-02-2015 15:03

Endesa online help

This link might help understanding the Endesa bill -
Endesa Clientes | Understand your bill

Wonder if the high bills are due to 'estimated consumption' rather than actual readings?
Endesa Clientes | Estimated consumption

PP76 12-02-2015 18:49

We do have winter months when the power is switched off and we have a high bill, however across the year it seems to be about what I would expect so I have presumed it is just down to when the meter reading has been taken.

graham 12-02-2015 19:11

Thanks Mike_dublin for the link.

Having finally managed to log in to the Endesa Online Office I must say it is hugely impressive. Puts our UK power company online offerings to shame.

I'm still having difficulty understanding exactly what the standing charges are for though. Seems like we're paying 100 Euros every 2 months just to be customers, then in the Summer it shoots up (understandably) to about 6 or 700.

Are others paying about 100 Euros during the Winter months too?

lollipop 12-02-2015 21:48

The standing charge and related tax depends on how much power you are contracted for. They have fitted new smart meters in the port so you should not get any estimated bills just a read one every two months. The amount you are contracted for will depend upon the size of your house or apartment.

Nick 12-02-2015 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollipop (Post 100407)
The standing charge and related tax depends on how much power you are contracted for. They have fitted new smart meters in the port so you should not get any estimated bills just a read one every two months. The amount you are contracted for will depend upon the size of your house or apartment.

How do you know if you've had a new "smart meter" fitted? If they're then read every two months how does that explain why I'm billed every month?

Or am I missing something here?!

lollipop 13-02-2015 09:41

Maybe you don't have a new meter but I though that all bills were now 2 monthly. If you have a new one it will be white have flashing red lights and the numbers are digital. If your meter is not accessible when you are not there, they may not have changed it and if you have old style they will estimate until you give them an accurate reading.

Nick 13-02-2015 10:15

Ok thanks all. I'll check my meter when I'm next out. You may be right about the bills being once every two months now as my post box doesn't seem quite so full of the things each time I go out! I know the water (Emser) is a bill every other month.

Lorenzo 13-02-2015 12:35

Another way for your electricity bill to increase 'mysteriously' during the winter is if you leave plug sockets on your patio or in your garden 'live' when you are away.
If they are accessible, it is possible for contractors to tap into them when carrying out refurbishment work in the vicinity. Inventive but very annoying when you get your bill so it's always best to isolate them during the winter just in case.

Nick 13-02-2015 14:11

Inventive or "unlawfully abstracting electricity"?!

Good words of advice though.

Diver Val 27-02-2015 10:40

I thought my post about how to reduce the costs of electricity had got sent, but can't see it. Sparky I.m still having trouble with retaining my password. Each time I want to post I have to go into "forgot my password" and start over. Any ideas?

Sparky 27-02-2015 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diver Val (Post 100753)
I thought my post about how to reduce the costs of electricity had got sent, but can't see it. Sparky I.m still having trouble with retaining my password. Each time I want to post I have to go into "forgot my password" and start over. Any ideas?

Val, when you log in do you check the "Remember me " box?.

Diver Val 27-02-2015 13:00

That's a point Sparky, I have to say not all the time. Will do that in future. Many thanks