Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/internet-telephones-mobile-phones/)
-   -   Anyone in PP with movistar internet problems? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/internet-telephones-mobile-phones/12806-anyone-pp-movistar-internet-problems.html)

Sparky 09-05-2016 13:49

Zelda, it could well be the router. We had the same one for years then it blew, they gave us a new on and after only a few months that one also went, the engineer told me that the newer ones don't last like the old ones did. I would advise you to change to the new system as it seems the copper cable and fibre optic are not compatible ;).

Family Ordonez 09-05-2016 18:03

Quote:

Thanks for the 1004 - will keep a note.

Meanwhile our Management Company has called Movistar for us but they were asked to visit to check the router etc. & I suspect call direct from our apt. So they are visiting later today.

I expect we'll be signing up for the Fibre Optic option on our next visit. Am just hoping they can install it quickly as we only tend to visit for 7-10 days at a time.

Family Ordonez, is your connection fibre optic or the old style copper wire? Ours is still old style as we've had it for well over 10 years
Hi
Our friend got ours up and running, it seems our guests didnt know how to work it and whilst trying they messed all the wire up, oops! However, our Movistar was installed last October and is the Fibre. Hope you have managed to get yours up and running.

pollensa 09-05-2016 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Family Ordonez (Post 111427)
Hi
Our friend got ours up and running, it seems our guests didnt know how to work it and whilst trying they messed all the wire up, oops! However, our Movistar was installed last October and is the Fibre. Hope you have managed to get yours up and running.

Am glad you are sorted.

For us it appears that you need to make the odd phone call to keep it going! When my brother got back to the apt this afternoon, it wasn't working. So he used our land line to call our managing agent & it started working! It now works for a short while before he has to lift the receiver & dial a number - so he calls 1004 & then disconnects when they answer! :mad::mad:

Just need to order that Fibre Optic now ...

Sparky 15-09-2016 11:29

So after i posted the weather report yesterday i lost my internet. I phoned 1004 and eventually got to an English speaking guy, i spent a long time on the phone, tried resetting the router, nothing, he told me that they would check the line and would get back to me. Later in the afternoon an English speaking lady called to say a technician would come at 9am today, just as the church bell was chiming 9 o'clock my doorbell rang, techy did a few things and it was back up and running :D.
Ten minutes later it all went pear shaped again :eek:, i then had a call from the same lady asking if all was good, told her it had gone again so she said she would get the techy to come back, within an hour he arrived with a new router :D but the same thing happened, he was baffled but went and got another one, so far so good, fingers crossed :D.

Nick 15-09-2016 11:55

I'm no expert whatsoever and maybe the technician tested everything but when electrical items keep blowing unexpectedly like that it's often down to the electrics. Wiring, power surges etc. Is your electric supply okay and checked?
Just a thought.

Sparky 15-09-2016 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 114555)
I'm no expert whatsoever and maybe the technician tested everything but when electrical items keep blowing unexpectedly like that it's often down to the electrics. Wiring, power surges etc. Is your electric supply okay and checked?
Just a thought.

I don't have problems with anything else in the house.

Molt de Renou 15-09-2016 14:39

Full moon.