Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/internet-telephones-mobile-phones/)
-   -   Anyone in PP with movistar internet problems? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/internet-telephones-mobile-phones/12806-anyone-pp-movistar-internet-problems.html)

pollensa 09-05-2016 08:38

Anyone in PP with movistar internet problems?

Just wondered if anyone in the port has internet problems? We have family in our apartment & they had no internet yesterday & only for a few minutes intermittently this morning. It's Movistar standard with landline etc. We had lots of issues last year when there was work going on & then got given a new router - ours was years old - but it was all fine at Easter.

Always difficult to sort at a distance! :(

whaleywanderer 09-05-2016 09:21

Ours is working fine in the Gomar area.

Family Ordonez 09-05-2016 09:26

Hi
The family in my apartment have had the same, I thought it may have been that they had nt plugged it in properly as the decorator had unplugged it. After seeing your post I am now thinking it may be a problem with Movistar. I have a friend going to look at it this morning, I will let you know the outcome..
I know it is very difficult to sort out when you are in the UK, I was tearing my hair out yesterday as guest not pleased

Sparky 09-05-2016 09:52

Mine is working OK in the center of the Port .....(touch wood) :).

pollensa 09-05-2016 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Family Ordonez (Post 111381)
Hi
The family in my apartment have had the same, I thought it may have been that they had nt plugged it in properly as the decorator had unplugged it. After seeing your post I am now thinking it may be a problem with Movistar. I have a friend going to look at it this morning, I will let you know the outcome..
I know it is very difficult to sort out when you are in the UK, I was tearing my hair out yesterday as guest not pleased

Thanks for letting me know. Where is your apartment? Ours is in the Boquer area. I've contacted our management company but I'm not sure what they can do. If we were there we would call movistar from the apt & get the English speaking line & ask them to test it but I think you have to call from the landline in the apt.

PP76 09-05-2016 10:01

Working fine in Llenaire.

Molt de Renou 09-05-2016 10:08

The copper lines are not working as well as the fibre optic ones.

Could it be due to them changing over from one to the other ?.

pollensa 09-05-2016 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molt de Renou (Post 111388)
The copper lines are not working as well as the fibre optic ones.

Could it be due to them changing over from one to the other ?.

I did wonder. Think we may need to bite the bullet & change to fibre when we next come out. We did have the note in our letterbox last time saying the fibre optic was now available.

pollensa 09-05-2016 11:11

Does anyone know what number you have to call Movistar from your landline & get the English speaking engineer? I know we have done it once but I think it's written down in my apt & I'm not there. My brother, who's in our apt, tried the Movistar shop but was told to call the support line in Spanish. Thanks.

PP76 09-05-2016 11:40

Pollensa,
Try 1004

John

Family Ordonez 09-05-2016 11:43

Quote:

Thanks for letting me know. Where is your apartment? Ours is in the Boquer area. I've contacted our management company but I'm not sure what they can do. If we were there we would call movistar from the apt & get the English speaking line & ask them to test it but I think you have to call from the landline in the apt.

Hi
Our apartment in on Metge Llopis next door to Tango restaurant. I am just waiting for a friend to get back to me who has gone to have a look. I will let you know if he gets it working, otherwise I too will have to try and call Movistar not looking forward to that!

pollensa 09-05-2016 12:53

Thanks for the 1004 - will keep a note.

Meanwhile our Management Company has called Movistar for us but they were asked to visit to check the router etc. & I suspect call direct from our apt. So they are visiting later today.

I expect we'll be signing up for the Fibre Optic option on our next visit. Am just hoping they can install it quickly as we only tend to visit for 7-10 days at a time.

Family Ordonez, is your connection fibre optic or the old style copper wire? Ours is still old style as we've had it for well over 10 years.

PP76 09-05-2016 13:08

Pollensa,
I visited the Movistar office last Tuesday afternoon they said about 10 days for installation, that evening the engineer phoned to ask if they could come the next day which they did and the fibre optic connection is very good.

Molt de Renou 09-05-2016 13:25

Sometimes, just by unplugging the router (for as long as possible) and plugging it in again, will solve the problem.

pollensa 09-05-2016 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molt de Renou (Post 111406)
Sometimes, just by unplugging the router (for as long as possible) and plugging it in again, will solve the problem.

That's all been done thanks - apparently it appeared for a few minutes this morning & then went again...