Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-12-2011, 14:48

Just wanted to defend the Playa Mar a little - we always go the first 2 weeks of May and there is never a problem with the sunbeds, the music although on a loop was not pop music but relaxing spa like music this year, we always go S C and eat out at the wonderful restrurants on offer in the port
Sponsored Links
Old 30-12-2011, 21:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofan View Post
Sorry but have to disagree about sunbeds at the Miramar/Maricel apartments. Have stayed at Maricel many times but no longer as there are not enough sunbeds and there were always large groups who staked their claim at the crack of dawn but never appeared to actually sit on the beds until lunchtime! Also Maricel apartments, whilst very well situated, are rather tired looking for the very high price and are in need of refurbishment. The sofa beds were a disgrace. Of course if things have changed in the last 2 or 3 years I stand corrected!
How long ago did you stay there and what time of the year was it?

I am looking at the last week in June, 1st week in July.

Has anyone else seen these apartments more recently and could let me know their condition.

I have been emailed a price and availability but the price is premium.
Old 30-12-2011, 22:16
Super Moderator

I hope this helps Vincent Parasol Property Sales and Rentals Pollensa
Old 30-12-2011, 22:35

The last time we went was 2008 in late July/early August so probably busier than the time you plan to go.

The apartments were ok but need to be freshened up and things like the sofabed replaced. Thin and not very clean and uncomfortable for a two week stay. We had the 2 bed and as we have 2 boys and 1 girl our daughter always got the sofabed! Might be ok for a child but not really any good for an adult or teenagers. Only one of the 2 beds has 2 bathrooms which I think should be standard for the price. The kitchen was not very well equipped either.

The pool is very nice but not enough sunbeds and we got totally fed up with the same people "reserving" the beds all the time. They used to bring friends in too who weren't even staying at the group of apartments. The location is very good and I think this is why they can charge so much but we decided to stay elsewhere in future.

We were not the only people with these views.
vincent likes this.
Old 30-12-2011, 23:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I hope this helps Vincent Parasol Property Sales and Rentals Pollensa
Thanks sparky. They seem to have used the same photos there as they have used on their website, they also seem to have used the same for the Miramar apts and the other apts that they offer so I assume the photos could have been taken when they first opened.
They are pricey in comparison to some other aparthotels which is what they seem to be with the attachment to the Miramar hotel. They seem to be celebrating their 100th anniversary this year I notice so they may have refurbished for that or just put the money into the hotel side. Do you fancy taking a look at them for me and I could fill up that glass for you when I'm over

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofan View Post
The last time we went was 2008 in late July/early August so probably busier than the time you plan to go.

The apartments were ok but need to be freshened up and things like the sofabed replaced. Thin and not very clean and uncomfortable for a two week stay. We had the 2 bed and as we have 2 boys and 1 girl our daughter always got the sofabed! Might be ok for a child but not really any good for an adult or teenagers. Only one of the 2 beds has 2 bathrooms which I think should be standard for the price. The kitchen was not very well equipped either.

The pool is very nice but not enough sunbeds and we got totally fed up with the same people "reserving" the beds all the time. They used to bring friends in too who weren't even staying at the group of apartments. The location is very good and I think this is why they can charge so much but we decided to stay elsewhere in future.

We were not the only people with these views.
Reserving beds
Old 31-12-2011, 00:29
Super Moderator

Vincent with respect to Tangofan it has been 3 years since he last stayed there and i am pretty sure that a lot of work was done last winter, however i can't say if it was on the pool or the apts or both. Unfortunately they are closed for the winter so i can't have a look around.
Old 31-12-2011, 00:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Vincent with respect to Tangofan it has been 3 years since he last stayed there and i am pretty sure that a lot of work was done last winter, however i can't say if it was on the pool or the apts or both. Unfortunately they are closed for the winter so i can't have a look around.
Thanks anyway, when I make it over I'll fill that glass for you. Have sent an email to the Miramar to ask a few questions and await their response. Would it be quite a noisy part of the Port where that is. Had a look on google earth and it was a hive of activity when the video was taken.
Old 31-12-2011, 10:39

Vincent

If you want a nice peaceful atmosphere and some privacy why not just rent a private apartment

There are many advertised on this site
Old 31-12-2011, 12:20

Sparky, I did make it clear that if things have changed I am happy to be corrected though the sunbed situation probably hasn't changed as in my view the pool isn't large enough for the number of apartments that have access to it so it just encourages problems with people reserving sunbeds. This was one of the issues that Vincent was anxious to avoid. Also as Vincent has observed, the prices are on the high side though it will be lovely and peaceful which is also one of his requirements.

I am inclined to agree with its cd but I think it would be harder to get a pool with a private apartment wouldn't it?

I am sure wherever you go Vincent you will have a great time!
Old 31-12-2011, 17:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post
Vincent

If you want a nice peaceful atmosphere and some privacy why not just rent a private apartment

There are many advertised on this site
As stated originally I would consider this but has anyone who has actually stayed at any got recommendations. It's a minefield and photo's and description can sometimes only tell half the story.
Old 31-12-2011, 18:07

Hi Vincent, I agree it can be a bit daunting at first, but all the places I have rented through here have been fantastic. The good thing here is that so many people have been to these places and know about them so if there was a problem word would soon get around. Also you can ask for advice about a particular place if you like, I have before and got useful advice either on-line or by private message. So enjoy the process of choosing, thats half the fun researching the areas and deciding where to try, good luck!

On island time!!
Old 02-01-2012, 00:39

Sorry for not returning earlier regarding the Miramar Collection.

Just to let you know Vincent in case you are still interested - I always used to stay in the Maricel Apartments but the last couple of years have been in Miramar 2 in a side road just round the corner. There are only 2 of us so always have a one bedroom apartment and have never used the sofa beds to sllep on. I do agree that the Maricel Apartment's were beginning to look a little tired around 2007/8 but believe the Miramar have done some renovations since then. They have always been owned by the Miramar Hotel but were previously exclusive to the Travel Clup of Upminster, however, they sadly went bust towards the end of the 2009 season and the Miramar now have a much more hands on approach in running them.

When staying in Miramar 2 you are still able to use the pool at the Maricel and we spoke to quiet a few people last year who had discovered them for the first time - none of them seemed disappointed.

We are usually there around the last 10 days of June or very early July so away from the summer holidays which may be why we have not had problems with sun beds, the pool does get busy at times and we may not always get our first choice spot but we have never not been able to find a place to sit. Very often the owner of the hotel is around the pool area with her Grandchildren and I'm sure she would deal with any issues if people were upset.

The Maricel 1 and 2 Apartments are set in the Formentor Road directly behind the hotel. The road view's in the Maricel 1 have the bedrooms road side and can be a bit noisy, pool views and Maricel 2 have bedrooms at the back. Miramar 1 and 2 are both situated just around the corner in a quiet side road.

As I said in my first post they are not cheap but this will be our 19th year in Puerto Pollensa and I believe, after trying a few other places, you get what you pay for - you have all the freedom of staying in an apartment plus the use of the excellently run Miramar Hotel.

Feel free to ask anything else if you need to - and no, I'm not on commission!!

Debbie
Old 02-01-2012, 23:42

Thanks Dibbs

Now also considering the Pollensamar apartments. They seem to be quiet enough and in a good location. Only query I may have is our son would like to swim and would the pool at the Pollensamar be suitable for a child, can't really tell from the photos I have seen. Jet 2 are doing a deal from Belfast including these apartments.

Vincent