Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-12-2011, 23:43

Default Accommodation advice

Hi there

I just joined up here and am looking for some advice on accommodation in Puerto Pollensa. I stayed in the Pollensa about 3 years ago at the Playa Mar on a package deal with Thomson and as nice as it was it was not my kind of holiday accommodation.
Even though we have 2 small children my wife and I like to relax whilst on holiday and enjoying time with the kids.
This does not involve having to rise at a very early hour and rush down to reserve a sunbed with a towel for fear that we wouldn't get one at all. Have to listen to average entertainment or very loud music all day at the pool.

We would prepare a small breakfast and/or lunch at the accommodation but will always eat out at restaurants in Puerto Pollensa with there being so many of a fine quality.

We would like to be near the Pine Walk and I have considered staying at the Flora on this occasion although I do like the idea of staying at a private apartment such as Bellresgard or others with a pool for us to chill at with the children. I just wish the travel companies could cater for the in betweeners who might not want the all action, kids clubs, all inclusive, on site music and kids entertainment but still would like a relaxing holiday with the kids but don't want to annoy a hotel full of couples in their moment of tranquility. With the little girl there will not be too many raucous nights, just sitting with a bottle of wine relaxing after a day at the beach or pool..

We are travelling from Northern Ireland so are somewhat limited in package deals anyway with packages with direct flights from Belfast being limited more so than on the mainland.

Anyone on here got recommendations or are we too hard to please..

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 27-12-2011, 11:34

Hi Vincent and welcome to the forum

I know exactly what you mean about being stuck round a pool with music blaring out - been there in the distant past

The Bellesresguard complex is extremely attractive and there are several pools and lovely garden areas. Also it is very near to Pine Walk.

Have a look at the link on the left re apartments and villas - I'm sure you will find something to suit and I know you will get lots of suggestions from other forum members

Good luck
Old 27-12-2011, 11:59
Super Moderator

Vincent here are some links, i am sure you will find something to suit your needs.

Rent Villas Apartments in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca)

Rent Villas, Apartments from Agents in Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca Majorca
Old 27-12-2011, 19:24

Hi Vincent, just booked the Flora for the first two weeks in July!! Stayed there before a few years back, very nice and safe place. They have two lovely pools, one for smallies. Apts are on the small side, but now have a/c I believe. But are spotless. Great family hotel. They have a lovely bar and pool side snack bar. There is also a Chinese on site. Excellent location, very close to the beach and pine walk. We also have stayed in Bellresguard, this is a bit away from the action though, very nice spacious apts, but very expensive. We booked flora separately on alpha rooms. Hope this helps.
Matt
Old 27-12-2011, 21:57

Have considered either the Flora or La Sangala. The reviews about the Flora and the difficulties around sunbeds is making me think twice about it. It's not really an issue of getting up early enough to reserve a sunbed as I would be up early each morning for a walk or swim, it's the principle of having to do it at all.

La Sangala looks really good, small and well run but the lack of self catering facilities could an issue with the children.

Have had a look at some apartments in Belleresguarde complex but any that I have seen have no availability in the time we would be looking to go in the either last 2 weeks in June or last week in June first week in July.

Last edited by vincent; 27-12-2011 at 23:44. Reason: spelling
Old 28-12-2011, 10:32

We stayed at the Flora in September and have re-booked for July next year, the apartments did have airconditioning and although fairly basic suited our needs, it was just myself and my daughter and small grandson. As I had a cold whilst away I did spend two night in the lounge on the sofa beds and they were comfortable. We loved the location and the complex itself was well looked after, we did not have a problem with sunbeds but spent most of the day out and about, often only sitting around the pool late afternoon. Do not recall seeing a chinese restaurant on site as previous reviewer has said though.
Old 28-12-2011, 10:59
Super Moderator

Definitely not a Chinese Restaurant, i thought it was Italian .
Old 28-12-2011, 12:10

It is an Italian on site in the Flora and they do have a good evening entertainments programme but the noise level is high when groups or individual artists are appearing and I have often wondered what people living in the vicinity think about this although I understand that they stop the music at around 11.30..
Old 28-12-2011, 12:30

Oops, my mistake, meant to say Italian, must have been thinking bout a Chinese for tea!!! Music does stop at 23.30, and as far as I know there is no day time music. Anyway Vincent, it really is up to you and your needs.
Old 28-12-2011, 14:10

I think there is music in the daytime as I have heard it when parking in that area.
Old 28-12-2011, 16:39

My apologies,just realised I am thinking of the Porto Azul
Old 28-12-2011, 19:02

Have a look at the Miramar Collection. These lovely apartments are owned by the Miramar Hotel and are located just behind the hotel. There is no entertainment but they do have a huge (freezing cold) pool and lots of sun beds - however, they are not the cheapest.

There are a couple of different types and if you book them through the Miramar you can arrive and leave any day of the week, which helps when booking flights.

Not much time left for this but if you book by 31st Dec they are offering 10% discount.

We love them and have been staying there for many years without any trouble getting a sun bed. They are very central so there is plenty of places close by for entertainment.

Debbie
vincent likes this.
Old 29-12-2011, 16:18

'Reserving' sunbeds has been a problem since tourism started! If people used the sunbeds only when required then there shouldn't be a problem! Flora always seem to have plenty when you se them stacked in the evening. Personaly, i don't agree with people who do not stay at the hotels who think buying a drink entitles them to use sunbeds, certainly not if it deprives paying customers the use of them. Maybe the hotel doesn't mind, but they should if it's putting people off booking.
munro and vincent like this.

Last edited by Smiddy; 29-12-2011 at 16:20.
Old 29-12-2011, 23:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibbs View Post
Have a look at the Miramar Collection. These lovely apartments are owned by the Miramar Hotel and are located just behind the hotel. There is no entertainment but they do have a huge (freezing cold) pool and lots of sun beds - however, they are not the cheapest.

There are a couple of different types and if you book them through the Miramar you can arrive and leave any day of the week, which helps when booking flights.

Not much time left for this but if you book by 31st Dec they are offering 10% discount.

We love them and have been staying there for many years without any trouble getting a sun bed. They are very central so there is plenty of places close by for entertainment.

Debbie
Thanks Debbie. Have emailed them about availability there and looking into flights. Going to have to book this soon. Give us something to look forward to

Last edited by vincent; 30-12-2011 at 00:03. Reason: .
Old 30-12-2011, 00:54

Sorry but have to disagree about sunbeds at the Miramar/Maricel apartments. Have stayed at Maricel many times but no longer as there are not enough sunbeds and there were always large groups who staked their claim at the crack of dawn but never appeared to actually sit on the beds until lunchtime! Also Maricel apartments, whilst very well situated, are rather tired looking for the very high price and are in need of refurbishment. The sofa beds were a disgrace. Of course if things have changed in the last 2 or 3 years I stand corrected!