Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-06-2015, 19:33

I would feel that a deposit is an indication of good faith that a) you will complete the deal and pay the full amount in the future, as agreed, and b) the vendor will hold the booking and deliver the accommodation as described in any advertising medium, on the due date.

If you have an unforeseen problem after the deposit is paid and a contract made, then it's a) tough! or b) negotiate with the vendor.

At the end of the day, a deal is a deal.

Due to illness we had to cancel our visit to PP this year. The Hotel immediately cancelled our booking at no cost. Needless to say we will be re-booking there as soon as Mrs C is given the all clear for travel. What better place for rest and recuperation!
debz1, Brooksy and Family Ordonez like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 17-06-2015, 20:44

Thank you all for your advice. Unfortunately there is only one review and it's a bad one :0( I private messaged the person who wrote it and she has since gone on to give more in depth information. This was the first rental of the year I think, so I'm hoping it's 'teething problems' and apparently the owner is going to look into some of the issues at the end of June. How though I do not know as it's fully booked with guests. I've emailed the property agents and am still waiting a reply. I've been coming to PP for just under 20 years and I've never had an issue with accommodation. I guess that's the problem with a bad review - mud sticks!
JMD40 and Georgiebear like this.
Old 25-06-2015, 07:28

Reading this with interest as reviews can be great for business but one bad review can be very damaging.
If the booking is with an agent they should be able to answer all the queries about the negatives and hopefully put your mind at rest. One poor review would not make me want to cancel my family holiday. Remember when things are good, people rarely say anything, but when it's bad they tell the world... There are always two sides to the story and these clients may have had one problem and then be o me annoyed and just want revenge. Believe me, I've seen it!
The whole point of a deposit is to secure the booking and so it will rarely be returned, and defiantly not one month prior to your arrival when the final payment presumably is due.
I would write to your agent asking for written confirmation that the issues mentioned by these clients have been addressed.
Have you checked the date of the review, is it defiantly recent? Strange that only one... probably as other people found the property met their expectations.
Shame you are now not looking forward to your holiday, try to be positive, and be sure to let us know how it was.
Old 25-06-2015, 07:32

Actually just reading your last post... the property is fully booked... yet there are no other bad reviews.... you have answered your own question... chill and start to look forward to your stay.
mike_dublin and Sherberts like this.
Old 25-06-2015, 08:05

Thanks JMD40 for a positive reply. Luckily the agent got back to me and assured me that all 'issues' have been resolved and they have had other guests stay with no probs. Feeling much more positive now! Thanks all.
mike_dublin likes this.