Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Tonsyl
  • 2 Post By PP_Kev
  • 2 Post By Sparky
  • 2 Post By Grandad
  • 1 Post By clinkham

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-07-2012, 11:29

Angry J2 just gets worse

I booked flights for next May with J2 recently which were over £200 more expensive than last year. This morning I received an email saying that they flight departure time is now 6.30am (from 7am). It seems to me that they have changed the time due to Monarch now flying from LBA and taking the 7am slot. OK - we may be wimps but now having to get up at 2.45 rather than 3.15am does not appeal at all It's just like adding insult to injury - yes I am furious! I checked the Monarch flight and we could fly with them for less (with extra luggage allowance) but when I phoned J2 to say that I did not want to select the 'accept changes' link and what were our options regarding cancellation. I was told that unless there was a 5 hour change we could not cancel, and after all it is only 30 minutes! This will be the last time with J2 now that we have an alternative

Last edited by Rosie34; 24-07-2012 at 11:31.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-07-2012, 18:40

Default Jet2.

I agree with you and we have voted with our feet. Mrs. T can now fly again and when we looked at flights for mid September we found that Monarch from East Midlands is a far better and less expensive option and similar times. OK, it's a drive but from here (Wakefield) we can be in EMA in a little under an hour and if we go to LBA it takes us 40 mins or just over. East Midlands is a far better airport especially now LBA is so crowded with all the extra airlines so, sorry local airport, we off south. As to Jet2, their wake up call will be soon coming, they might then realise that they may have "over cooked" the costs when times were good !
Old 24-07-2012, 19:06

Yes - we always used to fly from East Midlands before J2 started from LBA and found the BMI and later BMI Baby to be excellent. I've written to J2 but dont expect a reply - last year they were still blaming the ash cloud for delays in replying to letters
Old 24-07-2012, 19:09

Now they'll be saying you didn't enclose a £5 reply fee !!
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 24-07-2012, 19:19

Default J2 just gets worse

I don't know what to think about J2 at the moment! Some things they do are b....y annoying but in other circumstances they are brilliant. My son recently travelled from LBA to Dusseldorf - booked on the 'net', selected on-line check-in, only planning to take hand baggage. Went on the net to complete on-line check-in and print boarding pass the day before the flight only to find a message appear which said ' sorry, on-line check-in is not available but you have been up graded to airport check-in at no extra cost'. How can having to check in at the airport be considered an up grade?? Found out afterwards that the on line check in facility was suspended because the flight was fully booked (at least that's what my son was told by the check in staff at LBA). His return flight (evening) was delayed due to a technical fault and J2 were great - everyone was offered a room at a nearby 5* hotel, taken by coach, food and drink + breakfast the next day provided, picked up by coach in time for the rearranged flight the following morning.

Have to agree with others about Monarch - I love them. Pity I can't say the same about our closest airport for Monarch flights (Manchester).
Old 24-07-2012, 20:31

Hmm interesting as we have just booked with Monarch from East Midlands after 6 or 7 years of flying with Jet2 from Leeds Bradford. We thought that Leeds Bradford was such a mess when we flew in June so decided to try elsewhere for September. Humberside is our local airport but flights a very expensive and few and far between.
Old 25-07-2012, 10:45

Fear not, looks like you dont even need a ticket at all with Jet2 now if you read the following... BBC News - Boy, 11, boards plane to Italy at Manchester Airport without passport
sws97sdg and kate1 like this.
Old 25-07-2012, 11:39
Super Moderator

It beggars belief doesn't it .
sws97sdg and Rosie34 like this.
Old 25-07-2012, 17:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
It beggars belief doesn't it .
We managed it at Palma, last year, the only reason they discovered it was the plane was full, and someone was sitting in the seats.
Old 25-07-2012, 18:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
We managed it at Palma, last year, the only reason they discovered it was the plane was full, and someone was sitting in the seats.
One of the golden rules of a seasoned traveller, especially in the US, is to board the plane asap. The one in the possession of the seat wins! It has happened to me many times.
Old 31-07-2012, 16:40

Not everything about Jet 2 is bad. I must stick up for them in some respects.
I had a passenger who could not fly on the day, with a suitcase booked. One quick phone call and they transfered the luggage onto another passenger at No Cost.
Also I have just had to change my flight date for August and ON -LIne I could just change flights with an admin Cost of £35.. Thats better than a lot of low cost flyers who would have made you pay in full for a new flight. So Jet2 is in my good books.
LK1960 and MairiCladach like this.
Old 31-07-2012, 19:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandad View Post
I had a passenger who could not fly on the day, with a suitcase booked. One quick phone call and they transfered the luggage onto another passenger at No Cost.
Also I have just had to change my flight date for August and ON -LIne I could just change flights with an admin Cost of £35.. Thats better than a lot of low cost flyers who would have made you pay in full for a new flight. So Jet2 is in my good books.
I think you will find that Easyjet charge £35 too
Old 01-08-2012, 01:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandad View Post
Sort of with Grandad on this one. Jet2 has many of the budget airlines faults -not totally transparent pricing - charging you for booking on line - charging you to pay them - onboard public announcement skills minimal - not all passengers are 'boys and girls'.
However when it really mattered, Jet 2 were top notch. We were totally reimbursed for our flight and 7 day holiday which was due to start the morning of the ash cloud. We cancelled and the full cost was back in our bank within 7 days despite the staff obviously working at full stretch getting everyone home. And in Blackpool, whilst we were delayed by mechanical problems for some hours, Jet2 arranged for the smokers to be allowed out of the secure area of the building for a crafty drag behind the bike sheds.
Sparky likes this.

Last edited by clinkham; 01-08-2012 at 01:36.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:38

My comment was just on the jaw -dropping price rise in our fares compared with last year - over £200 increase We were also caught up in the ash cloud delay at Palma airport, but as J2 said they could not fly and we would have to be 'coached' to an hotel and then back home by coach, we managed (with a few others) to get a flight back with Thomson to Yorkshrie the same day I guess everyone has their own different experiences with airlines and can only comment accordingly!