Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-05-2008, 21:47

Question Child seats

Hi everyone!
I've booked for our first trip abroad post-child to PP coming for a week at the end of June. Reading everyone's posts on the forum for the last few weeks has been invaluable advice!
Now, I've narrowed down who I want to book car hire with to Carjet (DriveSpain), Recar, DoYouSpain & Record (the ones that don't charge an excess)- being careful to specify on-site pick up from airport after reading your horror stories.
But the information that's eluding me is that I want to book a Booster Seat for my 3 year old. Not a Booster cushion, but a Booster Seat. I've e-mailed all the 4 firms and got reply only from Carjet who say they only do Booster cushions.
Has anyone hired a Booster Seat (not cushion) from any of the above companies? Or have you hired a Booster Seat from another firm?
Many thanks
S
Sponsored Links
Old 31-05-2008, 08:00

Sally

As we have done in the past we have taken our booster seat with us and used it on the plane and then in the car saved a few euros as well
Old 31-05-2008, 08:48

Sally

We also take our seat with us. It really is no trouble, saves on the Euros and you know that it has been well treated.

Most of the car hire firms have their car seats and booster seats sitting outside the offices in the car park and I have never seen a booster seat at any of them. They are usually quite tatty - if that matters to you.

We used Record for our recent trip. It was a nightmare picking the car up. It took over an hour. I have never seen such slow staff.

I noticed that auriga crown seem to be on site now with an office in arrivals and in the carpark.

Hope this is helpful.

Sharon
Old 31-05-2008, 09:51

Thanks for that.
Would I need to wrap the Booster Seat up to protect it in the aircarft hold- what did you do?
I wouldn't go near auriga crown now after all the posts I've read!
Half of me is starting to think about just going with Hertz and avoiding queues.......
Old 31-05-2008, 10:34

Default Car Hire

Sally

Having used Carject for years , I defected to DO YOU last winter and ave used them ( specifying that I am only interested in a car from RECORD on Site ) a few times over the winter / spring

They have been fantastic ............ but now I am worried as a result of the many takes on here regarding long queues at Record

So, like you I ventured onto the Hertz website ......... good news for you , the boosters are all SEATS

Prices were more expesive than carjet / record, roughly in pounds what we wouldn pay with others in Euros ....... hhhmmm I thought, maybe it is worth it to avoid the queues .............. so I carried on investigating ......... and then I saw the catch ........... £75 for an additional driver for 12 days ! ............ so if more than one of you needs to drive ( which lets face it is not uncommon ) ....... this option is not attractive

So I will be back to Record ............ only saving grace is that we land early on a monday morning , so probably not prime tourist arrival time and we will just do our usual trick of me sprinting to the window whilst the rest of them collect the cases , and hope for the best
Old 31-05-2008, 10:39

Sally

We have a Mamas and Papas booster seat. The back and seat can be detached so we put the seat in one case and the back in another. They are very light so don't really add much to the weight of the case.

Alternatively either take it on the plane and use it for your child to sit in or put it through outsize baggage. Most airlines will let you take a car seat free. If yours it like ours and can be detached then I would suggest that brown really sticky tape to tape the two parts together and mark it 'Fragile'.

Sharon