Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2008, 13:07

Question Parking & supermarket in Old Town

Hi everyone.
Only 3 weeks to go until we arrive!

Being a newbie, can anyone tell me where to park in the old town Pollensa not Puerto Pollensa?

Also, the old town is nearer to where we are staying. Anybody know of suitable suppermarket/co-ops near the old town and directions to them? When we're coming from the airport I really want to stop off on the way for provisions for the evening.

Anticipating your help please!
Thanks
Sally
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2008, 13:35

Default Supermarket near Pollensa

Hi Sally
Glad to hear that you'll be in Pollensa soon. Lucky you!
Supermarket-wise, you'll pass the Carrefour supermarket on the right just after you've left the airport. If you take that turning off the motorway you can then cut through to where the big Alcampo hypermarket is too. Both are good - almost too much choice!
I like the local shops, like C'an Fusteret and Ensenat in old Pollensa for food shopping but if you'd prefer the convenience of a supermarket, go past the town of old Pollensa, then take the Puerto Pollensa exit on the roundabout where Kuhn & Co (Estate agents) are and then you'll find a medium sized Syp/Consum supermarket a bit further down on the right. Plenty of parking (including underground parking).
Hope that this helps! Oh, and if you haven't tried it already, Ca'n Fusteret (the place with all the garden plants outside on the pavement in old Pollensa) do lovely draught wine from big barrels - their Sangre de Toro is delicious and so cheap! Worth a detour!
Mary
Old 07-06-2008, 15:31

We always park on the outskirts of Pollensa, right outside a small Caprabo supermarket. We take the Palma exit on the roundabout and then take a slip road to the right as you enter the town. There's parking all along here on the side of the road and the supermarket is located on the right, after a couple of junctions. If we can't get parked here, we travel a bit further along and pass a petrol station. On the left is a rough area for parking.

I'm not brilliant with directions I'm afraid. But we never have a problem parking in the old town, even in the high season.
Old 07-06-2008, 18:47

Thumbs up

Thanks so much you two. You know what it's like - driving new car on "wrong" side of road with tired 3 year old in the back. I don't want to be driving round looking for a shop - just to get there!
It's our first time to Mallorca and judging by everyone's posts it seems kind of addictive!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:34

Hi Sally,

my advice would be to avoid getting caught up in the old town's one way system. Driving through the centre of the town and these impossibly narrow streets is not for those of a nervous disposition!

Have a lovely holiday

Lala
Old 08-06-2008, 19:26

Hi Sally

We stayed in Pollensae old town early May. We had a villa where we knew could not park near so took the decision to park on the roundabout.

One word of warning don't park if possible near entrance - if can park go over the road and park there. if you come back at certain times of the day you can park anyway. Other times ugrrr
Old 08-06-2008, 21:23

Question

Do you mean the entrance to the supermarket not to park near? Why's that?