Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Maxim's in the Square - PP (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/970-maxims-square-pp.html)

BonysLad 13-09-2005 06:18

Re Maxims

Pops,

Yeah I agree, just because she isn't demonstrative in the street doesn't make her any less of a good loving mother which I'm sure she is.

Without starting a sexist thread sometimes women's logic can be a joy to behold which was the point I was trying to make. She certainly ain't into kissing customers a**es either !!!!!

BonysLad

pops 13-09-2005 16:44

Re: Re Maxims

Bonyslad,

No I don't think your comment was sexist, so don't worry.
Laughed about what you said about her kissing the customers a**es.(or rather not)
Thats the reason why I really like Claudia. You know she is not false, and when she wants to chat and actually be friendly which she is with my kids alot, you know that she is being genuine.

Sara4 13-09-2005 17:14

She or they might not want to kiss customers a***s but it is the customers that pay their wages!!

pinot g 13-09-2005 19:01

Surely its not too much to ask of the staff to smile and be pleasant when customers are spending their hard earned cash on holiday!
It doesnt upset me if we re talked about when we leave (although I hope we never give anyone reason to!) as long as my family have had a lovely relaxed evening with good service.

I used to work for a large travel company and realise the importance of customer care and satisfaction. A smile and ppolite manner go a long way!!

JH02JLH 13-09-2005 23:12

Oh Sara and pinot g! How I agree!

I have worked (more or less) in customer service ever since I was 19 and I know the value of being friendly to customers who spend their hard-earned money with you.

A friendly smile and chat is free but goes a long way in making people feel appreciated.

Of course there are times when I have gritted my teeth and put on a "front" but they are rare. If people don't like dealing with the public then they should find alternative employment! And running a restaurant puts you in the frontline of that!

My parent's company relies heavily on friendly service for repeat business and our customers are forever saying that they come back to us because of our staff and how friendly they are!

Maxim's may be busy in the summer, but this should be expected. If they're not busy then, when will they be? And the staff should realise that for a few months things will be a bit tougher than normal!

I just felt that the staff there thought we were a nuisance to be put up with rather than valued customers who were there to relax and have a good time.

The food, as I said, was brilliant, but I would like to go out of season and see how the staff can be.

Jane:D

Sara4 14-09-2005 00:20

I agree Jane and Pinot G. I work in PR and have to smile and be nice to some of the most irritating people that I have ever met - but that is because it is part of my job and the majority of people that I deal with are great.

Similarly in a restaurant you smile and are courteous to your customers - because that is your job to be pleasant and serve good food - if not, go and work somewhere where you can scowl at an inanimate object all day!

Sorry i shall take my rant elsewhere now!

I agree about the food - I have to go back to restaurant for their lovely warm salad with goats cheese! Just not in the evening.

Damn!

Portofan 14-09-2005 00:52

Re:Maxims

Boys and Girls!

This ranting is great fun to read!:lol

Remember when one of you girls said I'd had a rant!:lol

Please continue!:rollin

JH02JLH 14-09-2005 00:53

Re: Re:Maxims

You rant, Portofan???:eek

No! I'd never believe that!!

Jane;)

Timberman 14-09-2005 01:04

I work in an environment which deals with the public and as I have always told my staff, treat others as you would like to be treated by others. There is no satisfactory reason for not doing so.

Timberman

JH02JLH 14-09-2005 01:26

My sentiments exactly, Timberman.

You summed it up perfectly!

Jane:D

pops 14-09-2005 04:35

may I just point out that I wasn't sticking up for the staff in maxims, in the past I have found them very rude and totally agree with what everyone is saying, however, I personally find them Ok now, but I do believe they are missing Claudia.

Although some people may not agree with me, I find her very nice and have never had a problem with her. She has been very helpful to us in the past, and believe it or not actually had a good laugh with her this summer.

Pops

robjay 14-09-2005 07:33

Pops is there anybody in this world you couldn't make laugh?.
Weve never been to Maxims so will pass no judgement until we do.
Rob

pops 15-09-2005 01:55

Rob
I did recommend it to you this summer, but the story of the loo put you off didn't it!

Missed a good meal there and I bet you could have made the staff crack a smile too.

Take care
Pops

Timberman 15-09-2005 03:25

Hi Pops

Theres more than Rob you would have benefited from your recommendations. Me for one.
As far as Rob making the staff at Maxims cracking a smile, he would probably having them laughing in desperation.;)

Timberman

its cd 15-09-2005 05:59

Have Never eaten here but always "meet up" with the rest of our party here for a coffee after the Market .......... it's impossible for our family to stick together on the market ........ even when we want to .

Anyway, we always have a coffee here and the staff always seem indifferent ........... we have just put it down to them being rushed because it is market day ... didn;t know it was a regular feature !