Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Maxim's in the Square - PP (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/970-maxims-square-pp.html)

robjay 15-09-2005 06:33

Re: Re:Maxims

If my charm doesn't work on the staff, then Carolines ability to make Mr Chuckles smile is bound to win them over failing that it sounds like we'll have had a good meal atleast, even if it means using the loo's else where lol.
Rob

pops 16-09-2005 23:58

Hi Timberman,

Glad I've been of some help to you. At least some one listens to me lol.

Take care

Pops

robjay 17-09-2005 00:35

Did you say something Pops?:rollin

Rob

pops 17-09-2005 07:34

me? nah!!

pops

robjay 17-09-2005 16:41

Thats a pity, I value your advice:eek
Might not take it but value it none the less:lol
Take care

Rob

pops 05-11-2005 07:17

can I just stick up for the staff at Maximes. Whether it is because someone from there has read this thread or because they know us, they could not have been friendlier to us whilst out there over the past three weeks. It was actually embarressing, they couldn't do enough for us.
Incidentally we enjoyed a nice meal there too.

Pops

robjay 07-11-2005 19:35

Yet another place added to our "must try next time" list.
Thank you pops.
Take care.

Rob

Sara4 07-11-2005 20:15

Hi Pops,

The difference now though is that high season has passed. At the time that we were there it was the beginning of August and they couldn't cope or be a****d! I would imagine that most restaurants will bend over backwards now as they will be nowhere near as busy but they need to be able to do that at all times and if they can't then they should have more staff who want to be there.

pops 10-11-2005 18:17

Hi Sara,

Very true, however, it was actually very busy some evenings half term week in PP and we actually had to wait for a table at Maxims.

I was hoping they'd read this thread Sara and were doing something about their rudeness.

Pops

Joanne 16-04-2006 00:27

Re: Re Maxims

I have always found the service to be fine. I think this is a very nice restaurant and always like to sit inside. The staff can be a bit offish sometimes

JMD40 16-04-2006 01:16

Re: Re Maxims

I had dinner there last week. We were a table of 18 and the food was excellent, right from the wonderful selection of bits to pick at, the meats and fish and then we simply could not resist the wonderful select of sweets - all washed down with lots and lots of wine of course. A wonderful meal but several of the party commented on the slow and rather dis-interested service which we received which was a shame and I always say that a restaurant can get away with average meals if the service is 100% friendly and professional but however good the food is less than good service will always stop me returning. If the staff do not have time for a smile and some extra touches in April I am not sure what will be happening in August - self service maybe??