Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree12Likes
  • 10 Post By Bradders13
  • 1 Post By pollensa
  • 1 Post By Colandbev

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-06-2012, 23:28

Smile Restaurant Reviews June 2012

I recently spent 2 weeks in PP with my hubby and thought it would be useful to give some feedback on the restaurants we tried during our holiday.

Tiberi (just off the main square)
Lovely food and good service. However check your bill carefully for errors. We ate there several times before and had to have our bill amended twice.

Mojito Pizzeria (main square)
Acceptable food and a good value daily menu at 15 euros.

C'An Ferra
Great meal. The size of the fish was amazing - very good value for money and don't be put off by the side street location. We will definitely be back on our next trip.

The Sparrow (in a quiet street across from the main entrance to the Pollensa Park hotel)
This is a hidden gem of a place. The food is outstanding and very reasonable prices. There is a lovely garden area at the back and Pepe and his son Mark are from Glasgow (although Pepe is from Pollensa originally).
Highly recommended......the lemon sorbet and creme catalan are awesome.

Kashmir (in main square)
Great Indian food and very friendly staff. We enjoyed our meal here very much.

Tribeca
Very disappointing. We decided to order a main course and a pudding. However when the main course came I couldn't believe the portion size. We had ordered sea bream and were advised by the waitress that it came with potatoes and vegetables. One small piece of fish was lying on top of one scoop of mash along with one carrot, one piece of broccoli and a tiny bit of cauliflower. It only took us 3 minutes to eat it!! This was just mean portion control. Veggies and mash don't cost much. When we complained about the size of the meal the waitress didn't even apologise and suggested we had some dessert. We politely refused and said we would have our dessert elsewhere. I actually had an omelette and salad at another restaurant on our way back to our apartment as I was so hungry. If you have the appetite of a mouse then you might like it but we certainly won't be back.

El Ancla
Excellent value for money. Good hearty food and plenty of it.

Bonys Bar
Didn't eat here but the drinks were good and the service excellent. Great place to sit and people watch either before or after your evening meal.

Hotel Uyal
We popped in here to have a drink during a stroll along the promenade. We sat down and waited at a table for the waitress to come over and take our order. She stood behind the bar washing and cleaning glasses despite clearly seeing us sit down. I caught her eye several times but she completely ignored us. Needless to say we took our custom elsewhere.....not impressed.

Hope this is useful to fellow travellers.
Sponsored Links
Old 19-06-2012, 07:56

Hi Bradders Really enjoyed reading your great restaurant report - and agree with you on both Tribeca and Sparrow. We had a bad experience on our last night last October at Tribeca (terrible food and service) and swore never to return Also we went to Sparrow the same holiday and were really surprised at the quality and value for money (also at the Golden Lion which is quite near). Now looking forward to going to Sparrow again in October (its just round the corner from where we are staying) and will definitely try C'an Ferra next time
Old 19-06-2012, 08:59
Super Moderator

Lovely review Bradders, thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 19-06-2012, 09:53

Thanks Bradders, I hope that more people who have visited PP in 2012 will post such good reports. PP here we come. on June 23rd: -)
Old 19-06-2012, 10:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradders13 View Post
Tribeca
Very disappointing. We decided to order a main course and a pudding. However when the main course came I couldn't believe the portion size. We had ordered sea bream and were advised by the waitress that it came with potatoes and vegetables. One small piece of fish was lying on top of one scoop of mash along with one carrot, one piece of broccoli and a tiny bit of cauliflower. It only took us 3 minutes to eat it!! This was just mean portion control. Veggies and mash don't cost much. When we complained about the size of the meal the waitress didn't even apologise and suggested we had some dessert. We politely refused and said we would have our dessert elsewhere. I actually had an omelette and salad at another restaurant on our way back to our apartment as I was so hungry. If you have the appetite of a mouse then you might like it but we certainly won't be back.
Good to see that Tribeca remains consistent with its tiny food portions and seeming complete lack of customer care.

One of the worst experiences that I have ever had in a restaurant - Made even more bizarre that as we (and most other customers were treated with seeming contempt by the British female waitress/owner?), another couple came in and were treated like demi-Gods. Very, very, odd...
Old 19-06-2012, 10:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemallorca View Post
Good to see that Tribeca remains consistent with its tiny food portions and seeming complete lack of customer care.

One of the worst experiences that I have ever had in a restaurant - Made even more bizarre that as we (and most other customers were treated with seeming contempt by the British female waitress/owner?), another couple came in and were treated like demi-Gods. Very, very, odd...
Is she the owner? If not then i'm surprised she's still employed! Far too many complaints over the last few seasons for it to be put down as fussy diners.
Old 19-06-2012, 13:33

Thanks for that Bradders, the sparrow gets consistently good reviews, seems they have just the right recipe for success.
Old 19-06-2012, 16:06
Founder

Thanks very much for your reviews. It's always good to hear about different places & as ever some experiences are better than others.
Sparky likes this.
Old 19-06-2012, 17:57

Hi Bradders13.
Just to pick up on your report, We ate several times at Tiberi during our stay in May, and have to say it was excellent. Service, banter, food and presentation were all superb, (best piece of John Dory for a long time!). On our second visit the co-owner brought us each a second glass of wine on the house, cos he thought we were waiting too long for our second course. We hadnt noticed the wait, this is the sort of little touch which makes you come back, which we did! Also have to say C'an Ferra has always been excellent. Tony runs it superbly well. We have been going there since his Father used to run it (Casa Martin). Super value too. As for Mojito, we ate in Mojito grill in May and have to say it was only ok. El Casinett on the front (same company) is far better, though not cheap, even though Victor has now left to set up his own restuarant in Cala Bona. He is missed. Boneys dont actually serve food (except for lunchtime assorted baguettes), but your right, great place to watch the world go by, very friendly staff (including Boney!) and drinks to blow your head off. Cant wait to get back there in September!!
TiberiRest likes this.
Old 20-06-2012, 21:55

Thanks Bradders for a very useful review! I'm in agreement with you and so many others regarding Tribeca - NOT good, I would never go there again after a similar experience. Also not impressed with the Mojito grill offerings last year.

On a positive note, Bony's is indeed a great place to sit and watch the world go by. And we absolutely LOVE C'an Ferra too - not the most picturesque surroundings perhaps, but fantastic fresh fish (and huge portions!) and lovely service; we have returned year after year, and are now eagerly anticipating a few meals there in a month's time!
Old 23-06-2012, 16:29

Default Tribeca

Thanks for the comments folks - pleased to know that you found my review useful.

Also pleased to note that a lot of other people have found the portions in Tribeca to be on the small side. An apology was the least they should have offered but it seems they aren't bothered about their complete lack of customer service. This seems very short sighted as I know that a lot of people return to PP year after year and when you have a good dining experience you will want to go back to that particular restaurant again or recommend it to others.

I will probably be returning to PP myself next Spring so I will be trying out some new places and my critique will follow!!
Old 15-07-2012, 09:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradders13 View Post
I recently spent 2 weeks in PP with my hubby and thought it would be useful to give some feedback on the restaurants we tried during our holiday.

Tiberi (just off the main square)
Lovely food and good service. However check your bill carefully for errors. We ate there several times before and had to have our bill amended twice.

Hope this is useful to fellow travellers.
First of all thanks for your review. We are glad to be in your list and we apologize for the errors when billing.

All that comments are very useful to us and we'll take much care of our bills from now on.

Hope to see you back soon.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:59

We have always found the food and service very good at Tribeca. The portion size may just reflect the fact that starters are 5 euros and mains 10 euros. This is half the price many establishments charge.

It is nice to go out and enjoy a very tasty, well presented meal without feeling too bloated which can hapen when eating out night after night.

My son and his friends ate there recently (one being a vegetarian) they thought it one of the best meals of their stay.
Old 03-08-2012, 16:28

As you will have noticed on a earlier post i had a pop at Tribeca, my son has just returned from PP and rated the meal(s) he had as very good, just to redress the balance.