Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 13:27

Default Few recent restaurant reviews

Well now back from our 3 weeks to the cold & rain. Will not bore everybody with every place we went to & everything we ate, will just give a small review of the places we think need a mention for one reason or another.

Tango

The place we visited the most times. Can’t remember how many occasions we have dinned here over the years but have never come away disappointed. Excellent greeting, service, setting & food. All I can say is if you ever come to PP this place is a must to visit & if you are not sure of location just jump in a taxi from the port, it will only cost you 6 euros. In my opinion still the best restaurant in PP.

Bellavista Pension

After reading reports thought we would try this one. Food was ok though for me it is a place to go for a snack maybe on the way back from the beach not a place to get dressed up for and have the works. The thing that really put us off was the amount of cats & dogs just wandering round the courtyard & the tables. Don’t get me wrong nothing against animals just don’t really want them round my table while having a meal. Like I said food was ok but the place was just not for us.

C’an Josep

Again one we have visited regular over the past. Great welcome, food & service. Went twice this year though seems more expensive than most. Charging roughly 10 euros more per bottle for the same wine we drink in most other places.

El Posito

Another regular haunt for us though maybe not anymore judging on this visit. We had pre booked thanks to Sparky as we did with our other two favorite places so we could eat at the 3 places on the first 3 nights. On entering there was only two other tables occupied which is not normally the case. We were greeted lets just say not very enthusiastically. I fancied soup for a starter which is something I normally don’t order & was told soup of the day was tomato. Anyway once our order was taken the waiter returned to our table (I am not going to mention names) & informed me the chef was not very happy that I had ordered soup & he was only going to use two tomatoes ???. The soup did come & was watery & cold, not even slightly warm. I know I should have said something but it’s a bit awkward when you do eat at places a number of times & also the kids were really looking forward to it. When the main course came I asked the waiter had someone died as everyone looked fed up & didn’t want to be there. He replied with ‘we have been working 6 days a week & are all knackered’. Well sorry but so have almost every other restaurant staff, I also have been working 49 weeks of the year for this holiday. This guy also has a habit of making up things when he is talking to customers for a bit of a laugh with one of the other waiters. That is also wearing a bit thin as I don’t think most people go somewhere to get the mick taken out of them & pay for it. The main course was ok but for me not the usual standard. By this time we had had enough & refused the normal complimentary drink & asked for the bill. I felt more sorry for the kids as they were as usual really looking forward to the place & seeing everyone again. I must admit I feel bad writing about this but Toni in my opinion (and a few regulars we spoke to) needs to get this sorted out. Needless to say that was our only visit of which we would normally go on a number of occasions. I hope this is taken if read in a positive way & can be sorted out as at the moment the place seems to have lost its passion if that is the correct word to use. I sincerely hope it gets back to what it was & we again eat in there regular.

O’Lume

As you may or not know our previous visit here was to say the least poor but we decided to give it another try. I am happy to say we are glad we did. This time was a different experience all together. Great food & service had a great steak amongst other things & to make sure visited again to find again the same great service & food. Whist in there got chatting to another very nice couple on the table next to us (you know who you are) who post regular on the site. They suggested we try Citrus, which we did the following night.

Citrus

Well were do I start with this one. The only thing I can say negative is that we did not find this place earlier in our stay. Food ranges from scotch pie & beans to steak etc, etc. The chicken liver pate with marmalade is one of the best pates I have tasted. Kenny is a fantastic chef & everything we ate there was great. As for value for money I really don’t think you could find anywhere in PP to serve up this type of quality food at the prices they do. Maureen is a great host & unbelievably hard worker. We ate there on as many occasions possible in the time we had left. Please if you visit PP do not go home without at least giving this place a visit once. I can assure you that you will not be disappointed. The homemade deserts are also incredible. Food is made fresh & presented with pride. Really hope this place is still going strong next year as they both deserve it & on a selfish point of view would love to spend more nights in there again. Keep it up please.

Last edited by mwc; 06-09-2011 at 20:54. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2011, 15:13

Thanks mwc. Its really helpful to have reviews just before you go! I did have doubts about Bellavisita after reading the dog "log" incident, but was hoping it was a one off. Reading that there are a few dogs wandering about has now put me off totally and I'm afraid I will give this one a miss this year.
Also El Posito. Really feel I should try it; but not when it keeps getting these unfavourable comments - far too many that get good ones to risk it.
Will have to check where Citrus is as you have made that one sound good.
No comment on Tango - doesnt need it - we will be going!
Same with OLume - Jaime, dont forget the candles!
Old 06-09-2011, 15:28

Belladonna, have never seen or read about the dog 'log' incident at Bellavista though I must say with the amount of them milling around your feet & tables I am suprised if it has not happened a lot more times.
Old 06-09-2011, 15:53

By the way Belladonna, to find Citrus, walking away from the port you turn right down the road next to Burger King & it is on your left. Do not be put off if it is empty or a small place as you will not be disappointed I promise.
Old 06-09-2011, 16:38

Thanks for what is a very clear & concise report MWC, we wholeheartedly agree with your Citrus report excellent food & service.
unfortunatly er indoors(better known as Mrs Cumberland in Masonic circles) was the recipient of the afore mentioned log at Bellavista.
Whilst partaking of nutrition a rather large hairy arsed Alsation suruptitiously laid a turd next to the wifes Fit Flop which i can assure you was not conjusive to a relaxed meal.
Old 06-09-2011, 16:57

Lol Cumberland.....this place sounded like a nice chilled out place to enjoy a lunch but after reading all these "log" stories I think I will give it a miss!!
I would not feel so chilled out if I ever experienced what Mrs Cumberland did!

MWC.....loved your reviews on your visited restaurants. A great insight to them all ......Citrus another one to add to my list!!
Old 07-09-2011, 18:00

MWC, Good honest reviews, so glad you enjoyed Citrus, it's always a bit of a concern when you recommend a place and hope people enjoy it. Lovely meeting you, your wife and your 2 cracking boys.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:42

Thank's Smiddy, great to meet both of you also. Rumour is your team might not be knocked out after all.
Old 08-09-2011, 13:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwc View Post
Thank's Smiddy, great to meet both of you also. Rumour is your team might not be knocked out after all.
Thats what happens when you field FIVE ineligible players after being warned not to! If only i had known when we watched it in Citrus, i wouldn't have been so distraught
Old 10-09-2011, 17:54

Soooo glad you found Citrus we enjoyed every meal we had there. We never eat a cooked breakfast when we are abroad, but one lunch time i really fancied one and Maureen cooked me a lovely breakfast including scottish sausages awesome