Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree130Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-09-2012, 07:56

Favourites this year were

1 Citrus
2 Guru
3 Stay
4 Coral Bar
5 Bellavista

These are based, not only on meals & ambiance but also on the welcome afforded to a solo traveller.
I would also like to note the frienldy welcome given by the staff in Siurell when I called in for my morning lemon tea after my walk round the bay!
If anyone is considering solo travelling in Puerto Pollensa please do it. It is very safe and great fun
debz1, LK1960, Sparky and 4 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 22-09-2012, 15:23

The following are the best restaurants that we went to on our recent holiday to the Pollensa area not including 6 great dinners and barbecues at our rented villa.

1. Font de Gall.......P
2. Numero Ocho.....P
3. La Tasca..........CSV
4. Golf Pollensa.....P( Lunch)
5. Las Brisas........PP

Also enjoyed Terrazzo ( Illa D'or) for Lunch and Hotel Miramar. Unfortunately, did not enjoy Port 31, Small portions and service not too great.
garoda and elljay like this.
Old 24-09-2012, 21:53

Only just joined the forum membership this evening, this is my second post.

Hope I still get a vote -

Here's our family's favourites from our recent fortnight in PP -

1 Stay
2 Tango Ca Vostra
3 La Llonja
4 Tribeca
5 Iru
Sparky and URI like this.
Old 25-09-2012, 14:25

stay can curassa can theresa trencadora and los faroles could also add iru brisa marina and brisas
Sparky likes this.
Old 25-09-2012, 15:23
Super Moderator

Can i just remind everyone this thread is only for PP restaurants, votes for restaurants outside of the Port will not be counted .
Old 30-09-2012, 12:25

Ok - Back yesterday so here are the results of the Pepperoni jury

7 restaurants visited so 2 miss out. I should point out that we did not have a bad meal though so the 2 missing out can consider themselves unlucky

1) CAPRI - Outstanding location and superb fish soup and steaks
2) LA LLONJA - Again a lovely location
3) CORAL - superb value
4) Na Ruixa - why does this place get so few mentions?
5) Los Zarzales - Usual relaxed service and fine food

And just missing out on any points

6) El Posito - Fine food but as usual found ourselves being hurried along
7) Can Ferrar - Superb value and think Sparky passed us on route somewhere - Friday 28th sept at about 8.30 wearing a yellow top?????
Old 30-09-2012, 12:38
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperoni Man View Post
7) Can Ferrar - Superb value and think Sparky passed us on route somewhere - Friday 28th sept at about 8.30 wearing a yellow top?????
No not me, i don't own a yellow top .
lollipop likes this.
Old 30-09-2012, 13:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
No not me, i don't own a yellow top .
Lol!!!

Pleased I didn't introduce myself now
Old 30-09-2012, 19:53

Having been fortunate enough to have had 2 visits this year we have decided on a top 3

Citrus - fab fresh food with plenty to choose from, and generous alcoholic measures (especially the Mojitos thank you Maureen for getting some mint).

Hells Kitchen - excellent on every visit, loads to choose from even on MDD. I especially love the salmon on pesto mash with roast veg. OH had a mixed grill and said it was one of the best he has ever had.

Guru - Really like this place and it has become the place we head to on our first night as it is a sure start to our holiday. I usually choose the salmon in dill sauce which comes with rice and veg. OH recommends the calzones.

Have eaten at a few other places but nothing special really so decided to stick to a top 3.
Roll on May 2013, apartment already booked as our brief stay in Soller at the start of our second visit this year was nice but we were sure glad to get 'home'
Sparky and garoda like this.
Old 30-09-2012, 21:20

1st Stay
2nd La Llonga
3rd Ivy Garden
4th Can Torens
5th Can Curaso (?)
Sparky likes this.
Old 09-10-2012, 14:02

Another update on standings so far:

1st. Stay - 88 points
Joint 2nd. La Llonja - 40 points
Joint 2nd. Citrus - 40 points
3rd. O' Lume - 38 points
4th. Ca'n Josep - 29 points
Old 11-10-2012, 15:45

We've just got back from 2 lovely weeks and have tried not to go back to our old favourites to eat (not easy!). Any way, here goes our top 5

1. Ivy Garden - we've got to be honest and say that for years we have passed this by as we thought it may have been a tad pretentious. How wrong! A lovely warm welcome, even though we had not booked, tasty and inventive food. A lovely setting and extremely relaxed. Loved it so much we went again. The MDD was great value at 19.90 euros
2. La Fortalesa - Under new management (we loved it before though). We had already been twice before our visit to Ivy Garden so would have been number 1. The lovely couple (brother and sister I think) were very gracious and welcoming. Food was lovely as was the tomato & bread appetiser.
3. Bar Coral - A new one for us. Not quite sure why we've never visited this one. A busy, happy atmosphere. Food was lovely (OH is still going on about the lamb shoulder). Staff attentive and laid back; we lingered a long time here and tottered back to our hotel replete (i.e. we ate and drank too much!)
4. Laroc - We discovered Laroc last year and it didn't disappoint this year. Just a shame there were only two couples eating there.
5. El Casinet - A favourite of ours. We like that you could have traditional Spanish or just a pizza. Portions are huge though and a main course is often enough. The meal can be rushed sometimes, but this is just a minor niggle.

I hope you won't mind me extolling the virtues of lunchtime snack places. La Cantina 2; Cappuchino (huge baguettes) and Baguettes & Co where we love their spanish omelette baguette - Yum. We did have a Peter Kay moment there; a young lad reading the menu said "Dad, look. Omelette!!!??? in a Baguette!!!???" Bless
LK1960 and Sparky like this.
Old 11-10-2012, 17:34

Our top 5 this year are:

1. Can Cuarassa
2. Stay
3. Kashmir
4. Marina (lunch and evenings)
5. Laroc
Sparky likes this.
Old 12-10-2012, 13:40

No more visits for this year so thought I would vote for my top 5, very difficult as we visited lots of different ones and at different times through the year over the four weeks. As usual the standard was high at nearly all of them and I don’t think we had a bad meal anywhere. We tried a few different ones and had some fantastic long lunches, special celebratory meals and some lovely meals out with special friends.

So top five and at number 1 and simply the best food we have ever had in the port O Lume! A fantastic night in the summer with the Sparkes, great food, faultless service and the most friendly welcome ever, so looking forward to trying it again in the winter as well.

At number 2 La Cabana, each time we go the food and service just get better and better, fantastic tapas, great location with views across the bay, like it for long lunches and for dinner or quick snacks, a must for every visit now.

At number 3, just, Bellavista, food once again fantastic and all veggie of cause so much choice, we prefer it for long lunches, we off the beach to cool down, lovely shady garden to sit and just chill, great value MDD and so friendly staff. WE called in a couple of weeks ago for our last meal before we went home and sat in the sun and just wished we didn’t have to leave. Also a must visit place, wish it was open through the winter.

At number 4 Guru, once again fantastic food and such a lovely welcome, we have been going since it opened and its great to go back each time, great place to sit and relax with the Sparkes as well, we all love it I think. Lots of choice and great pizzas, great value for money and again a must visit place.

And finally at number 5 Tolos, another place we have been going to for years, great friendly welcome and for long lunches, sitting at the back people watching and drinking in the fantastic panorama of the bay, the only place to be on a scorching summer day. Great food, lovely pizzas and salads and once again a must visit restaurant.

So there you have it, another year of great food, we tried lots of different places and enjoyed all of them. Other ones to get a special mention, el Mojito, first time for a few years and the food was a good as ever, Manduca also great food and so pleased they stayed open through the winter, we had a few meals there and once again friendly service and of cause in the winter they have time to stop and chat. Looking forward to doing it all over again next year when we will definitely try el Posito again and hopefully finaly make it to Stay!
so

1 O Lume
2 La Cabana
3 Bellavista
4 Guru
5 Tolos
LK1960, Sparky and jobean like this.

On island time!!
Old 12-10-2012, 19:19

Default Best restaurants in Puerto Pollensa

Well this is a tricky one.....
One of my favourites has bitten the dust after the last visit but here goes with the current state of play for 2012:-

1) Na Ruixa - outstanding food & service and very good wine - great location too.
2) Celler La Parra - excellent tasty food and reasonable prices. Always a friendly welcome and good service.
3) Guru - tried this for the first time on our last break in Puerto Pollensa and we were all very impressed by the standard of food and service
4) Dragon Oriente - excellent Chinese food with friendly service & reasonable prices.
5) Can Curassa - excellent food, sparkling service and lovely location - just a bit too far to walk!
Sparky likes this.