Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-04-2006, 19:13
robjay

Default Re: 14 day challange

Ok ok I know I haven't even attempted my own challange. Well I was out in PP a few weeks ago with my 3 daughters for 9 nights. I'm working on the challange and will post it shortly, just watch this space, some of you will be surprised where we ate ( none of the places were named after an American state:lol ) Some old favorites, some new favorites and 1 or 2 surprises
Take care.

Robjay
Sponsored Links
Old 24-04-2006, 20:16

Default Re: 14 day challange

Hi Rob
I will begin another 7 day challange later today
I will visit the Balaixa, O Lume, La Llonja, Can Gorassa,
Los Zaroles,etc etc
Will let you know on my return
Regards Keith
Old 19-05-2006, 19:17
slevinmarie

Could you recommed a nice place for Lunch.
Old 01-06-2006, 18:28
Turbo

Default 14 Day Challenge

Just back from 9 glorious days in PP, the weather was fantastic as it always is at this time of year.

I would like to give my account of 9 restaurants we went to during our stay, plus 5 we would have liked to have tried given the time.

Day 1 Las Zarzales
We hadn't been here before, and we weren't disappointed, lovely food and great service. Wife had baby broad beans and chorizo sausage followed by suckling pig. I had mussels followed by monkfish with a lovely almond sauce.
We are looking forward to our next visit.

Day2 Clivia
First tried Clivia over Christmas holidays, a classy restaurant with good food and very attentive service.
Our meals were avocado and prawns follwed by shoulder of lamb for the wife, while I had chiperones with sea bass for my main. Mrs T had creme brulee for her dessert. We like Clivia a lot every thing is spot on, nothing is to much trouble.

Day 3 Es Convent
Thought we would have a job finding this hotel, but read Roy and Katies review on Es Convert and they have a easy route to follow.
What a gem this is, only six tables so if anyone fancies going I would book to be on the safe side.
Had a complimentary dish to start of potato soup with quails eggs and salmon caviar. Starters were ragout of prawns on a bed of chickpeas for the wife, mine was carpaccio of veal. Mains were turbot, lobsterand asparagus for the wife I had loin of lamb. I have never had lamb cooked so well before and I don't mean well done. Wifes dessert was banana fingers in tempura batter with a glass of toffee for dipping and a small pile of tequila and lime jelly. The presentation and service was first class.

Day 4 O Lume
We have been here several times before, what a nice bloke Jaime is, nothing is to much trouble. We both had the same meals of crayfish, creamed vegetables and puff pastry follwed by two medium rare filet steaks. Dessert for the wife was mixed sorbet.

Day 5 La Aup
La Aup means the sea when it is flat calm and clear just right for octopus fishing.
What big portions they served here. I mussels follwed by grilled sea bream, nice white flesh. Mrs T started with the special salad Smoked salmon, prawns avocado etc. and suckling pig for main. She wasn't keen on their way of cooking lechona, much preferred the one at ZZ.

Day 6 IRU
What a lovely setting, we settled for trampo for myself and sea food ravioli for the wife followed by rabbit and prawns for me and pork fillet for the wife. It was nice to sit back after your meal and relax in the open air, people watching.

Day 7 Balaixa
What a way to spend one of Mallorcas balmy evenings, sitting out doors at Balaixa with a couple of G&Ts for the aperitif.
I love fresh mussels so I started with mussels again, the wife had avocado with lightly curried chicken. Another favourite of mine is liver and bacon with onion gravy and the wife had fillet of pork wellington.
Looking forward to trying Balixa Bistro.

Day 8 Tango

We like Tango mainly because they serve Chateaubriand medium rare just how we like it. Istarted with pate and crusty bread, Mrs T with a prawn salad. The sevice is always good and very friendly.

Day 9 C'an Cuarrassa
This was our favourite restaurant, but I think Es Convent
in Alcudia Town has taken over first place.
We spent New Years Eve here it was a fantastic evening.
Wife started with deep fried prawns and I had spaghetti frutti di mare. My main was ragout of fillet of beef with a mustard sauce, wife had shoulder of lamb La Provencale very tasty and pink. Creme brulee for wifes dessert. We had a bottle of Baron De Ley Monasterio Rioja, a very nice deep red wine with plenty of oomph.

Day 10 Ca,n Pacienci
We would both start with hors d'oeuvres, the usual good plate full including lobster. Iwould have a fillet steak for main while the wife has traditional roast duck. Her dessert would be almond cake and ice cream. I would wait for the port and cheese.
The amount of food you get for the price you pay is fantastic value. We can put up with the entertainment from Dudley, for the setting and the good food.

Day 11 Bar Nou
We first ate here a couple of years ago, we had our meal al fresco, the street is not very wide here but it was a nice meal. I think I had mussels to start and a steak for the main, while my wife had a salad followed by grilled tenderloin. Her dessert war mixed sorbet

Day 12 La Fortalesa
Martin is an old friend of ours he used to be Maitre D' at the Woodhouse Hotel in rural Warwickshire. We usually pay him a visit while we are in PP. I would start with trampo and the wife would have asparagus with mayonnaise. Martins shoulder of lamb is delicious, we would have one each. with Mrs T having her dessert of tiramasu.

Day 13 Corb Marie
We haven't been to Corb Marie before, but read ing Senor Cigar's review I would try his choice of Mallorcan sausages with onion and tomato salad followed by grilled rib of beef with a few chips and a nice bottle of Rioja. Sounds just what I like.

Day 14 Ca'n Costa
We haven't tried Ca'n Costa either, but from what Jane and Debz have reported this is also a must go to restaurant. I would like the scallops with asparagus and roasted tomatoes, not sure about the ostrich though.:eek

As you will have guessed, we would have put on a few extra pounds during our stay in the best place in Mallorca Never mind we will watch what we eat for the next few months and hopefully be back to normal for our next visit to Puerto Pollensa in September.:b

Turbo
Old 13-06-2006, 04:46
gladysP

Default Re: 14 Day Challenge

I would like to share with you my favourite restaurants, we have just returned from PP (our 6th year) and I feel these 7 eateries are all great for different reasons. I just need to say that we have 2 smallish children, 4 & 6 years and also can't afford to eat expensively every night....so bearing that in mind here they are:

Day 1 Sat
Hotel Bahia on the Pine Walk- Lovely 'blind paella', no bones or shell, great to sit and watch the sea while the kids run around on the beach.

Day 2 Sun
Coral - Great tumbet dishes with chicken, sardines etc. Friendly staff, lollies for the kids and close to where we stay.

Day 3 Mon
Little Italy - Really nice pasta dishes and fab pizzas, the kids love it here as they can play on the beach along with millions of other kids while you wait and staff will split the dishes so you can share.

Day 4 Tue
Maxims - on the square. If you ignore the attitude of the staff the food is lovely and high quality, we had monkfish and king prawns while the children played again with others in the square.

Day 5 Wed
Pepes - near Trio next to the Spar shop, a little gem. Really tasty inexpensive food, good sized portions. Try the grilled king prawns for half the price of the restaurants on the sea front. Pepe is lovely and funny and the children like to talk to the parrot outside.

Day 6 Thurs
Tots - another gem! around the corner from caan ferrer. Only go if you are seriously hungry! They do a fixed price menu for 11.75 euros each and you get..... bottle of wine/beer/water; bread, olives, allioli; starter - loads of choice from salads to spag bol; main course - again big choice but I had shoulder of lamb, delicious and massive, hubby had mallorcan fish, again very good, and dessert - things like profiteroles or peaches and ice cream. I can't recommend it enough for value for money.

Day 7 Fri
Bodega Caan Ferrer - Little People. This is a classic, I love these guys, so friendly and I adore their garlic prawns, they also make their own allioli which is the best. Also their house wine is still only 4.95 euros!! Sadly have to report that grandad died last year but all other family members still working and never change.

Just wanted to share these while they are fresh in my mind, wish we had gone for 2 weeks and could have eaten at another 7 places easily.
Old 13-06-2006, 07:17
ChrisLox

If you lived here you would also add Codfather!
Old 13-06-2006, 16:45

I have to admit we've had a fish supper or 2 from there! Washed down with a bottle of Cava.:b
Old 13-06-2006, 20:45
Sazzle

Hello GladysP

What a great posting. I have children about the same age as yours so it was nice to read your 7 day challenge. I've been to most of the restaurants you mentioned and agree that they are all great to take children to. I havn't tried Pepes or Tots though. I shall put them on my list for the Summer.

The Bahia is my favourite place for eating, drinking and people watching.

Hope to read some more posts from you.

Sazzle
Old 14-06-2006, 04:01
Joanne

Funnily enough a lot of your choices are favourites of ours. Have been meaning to try Tots for a few years, is it the same menu as you get at Trios?
Old 14-06-2006, 04:12
Founder

Tots & Trio are no longer related (I believe) so it is different & as mentioned great value - if you ask for Sangria, especially for 2, you're lucky if you can find your way home - very generous!
Old 14-06-2006, 04:58
Snowy

Pollensa treat you to one next time I am there :rollin
Old 14-06-2006, 06:07

I still cant find one to beat the sangria served in Banana Republic on the Alcudia strip - strong, tasty and fruity - just how I like 'em!!
Old 14-06-2006, 06:16
Founder

They used to do it like that in the Hostal Bahia - tasted like they'd used a Cherry Liqueur but it may have changed - but I'm off topic now - so on with the Challenge.
Old 14-06-2006, 22:21
gladysP

Sorry but on my list I completely forgot to mention The Codfather! My children love a sunday lunch (not for me on a red hot day!) and the one they had at Codfather was fabulous. An adult one is 10 euros for starter (salad or soup), main - roast beef or half a chicken and real veg! Cabbage, broccoli, carrots, roast potatoes, mash potatoes, mash swede AND yorkshire pud, all on one plate! Also pudding and glass of wine/beer included. The kids version was 5 euros for a half size portion and ice cream, there was loads of food!
Must stop talking about food now as I'm feeling hungry.....
Old 15-06-2006, 01:35
cheniesbucks

Hi Gladys!

That sounds yummy! The Codfather has always been somewhere we've been meaning to go and after hearing your comments our family will deffo be frequenting this place!!

We've got 2 little ones and they would love a nice roast on holiday.

Thanks, Vikki