Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Xmas/New Year 2010 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6848-xmas-new-year-2010-a.html)

Sparky 16-12-2010 13:35

MULLIGANS :-

Christmas Day = Noon til 3pm with entertainment from Guillermo and friends. Mulled wine @ 1.50€ a glass and free mince pies.
Boxing Day = for live football and free tapas.
New Years Eve = entertainment from The Hustlers from 10.30pm.
New Years Day = 12.30pm "Hangover Party" , Bloody Mary's @ 3.50€.

Lorenzo 16-12-2010 14:13

Mulligans

Thanks for letting us know about Mulligans plans for the festive period Sparky.

Really glad to read that The Hustlers will be back in Mulligans for New Year's Eve too!:) Should be a great night! Shame I can't be there :(

Nick 16-12-2010 14:54

Sparky is dead right........PP is an ALL YEAR ROUND resort and I think this needs to be advertised as part of the great attraction to the town.

It can be beautiful out of season without the throng of so many tourists. The winter days can be warm and sunny with blue skies and there are pleanty of cafe bars and restaurants open. Remember, PP is a proper functioning town, not just a summer resort.

I think the only problem is the reduced frequency of flights. I believe airlines are missing out on a trick here. They could earn some decent revenue off season.

pollensaman 20-12-2010 09:45

Los Zarales Christmas and New Year

CHRISTMAS Day MENU 26 Euros

♣Fiesta Appetizer
♣Cream of Shrimp with “Tio Pepe” Sherry ♣Stuffed Pollensa Lamb in Rosemary served with creamy potatoes and fresh vegetables ♣ Traditional Christmas Chocolate Trunk.
♣Assortment of Christmas Sweets.
Bread, Wine, Water, Cava
Coffee or Tea and Infusions

NEW YEAR'S EVE MENU 68 Euros
♥ Welcome Cockail ♥Turkey Lollipop ♥ Prawn on a nest of leeks on a bed of coconut and Prawn bread ♥ Piquillo Pepper stuffed with seafood and dill sauce ♥ Medallion of Monkfish and lobster with mussels nest of mashed creamy mushroom infusion ♥ Peppermint Pineapple Sorbet ♥ Sirloin Steak with Mango sauce and pink pepper and zucchini stuffed with Foie ♥Couland Soufflé with creamy home-made Chocolate sauce, Cinnamon and Grand Marnier ♥ Assorted Christmas sweets ♥ Cotillion and Grapes of luck

WHITE : Verdejo Rueda
RED : Rioja Reserva
CAVA : Brut Nature Water, cofee and digestives liqueurs

whaleywanderer 20-12-2010 12:32

Wish I was there, this sounds excellent value.:)

JMD40 20-12-2010 22:33

The crisis has brought all these prices into most peoples reach which is good news. We have not decided where to go New Year yet but there are plenty of sensible offers out there this year. At last the restaurants have listened to their clients and the street and really understand that the money is not available.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE.

Sparky 26-12-2010 11:48

The port is much quieter this year, we had a walk around and there were far less people about. It was the same on Christmas Eve but i think the atmosphere was still great.

We had our Christmas Lunch in Hell's Kitchen and i have to say it was worth every cent. We had a couple of glasses each of pink cava before we sat at our beautifully laid table, the food as always was superb (please read my first post on this thread for the menu) and the service from Gary and his lovely wife Ana was second to none, the homemade mince pies had to be taken home as we just could not eat another mouthful but i ate mine last night and they were excellent. Thank you Ian and the gang for a fantastic afternoon :D:D.