Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Xmas/New Year 2010 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6848-xmas-new-year-2010-a.html)

Sparky 25-11-2010 12:43

Xmas/New Year 2010

Hell's Kitchen are serving a 5 course lunch on Christmas day for 42.50€ pp, it is essential to book. Here is the menu:-

Winter Root Vegetable Soup

Avocado, Prawns & Mango Salad

Roast Turkey, chestnut stuffing, devils on horseback
chipolata sausages, fan tailed roast potatoes
sprouts, honey roast parsnips and vichy carrots

Figgy pudding & brandy sauce

Mince pies & coffee
Christmas cracker, bread, olives & alioli
Half bottle of wine pp.

gers1873 27-11-2010 22:26

seems a bit dear, last xmas day we were at trio for 15 euro or so a head, cant remember exactly but I paid the bill for 6 of us and it was under 200 euro and we were in from 2 till 6 incl drinks etc

cumberland8 28-11-2010 00:11

I would agree, but do you want to work on Xmas day?

lollipop 28-11-2010 11:06

Trio charge their normal MDD price but include turkey as one of the choices if you ask, and some different sweetsare available. They are aways busy with both locals, ex pats and holiday makers. Depends on how special you want your meal to be .

gers1873 28-11-2010 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cumberland8 (Post 52491)
but do you want to work on Xmas day?

no i dont want to work on xmas day and agree prices should be higher

just dont want to see pp going the same way as prices here at xmas

nice hotel by us where you can get a good meal for about 30 quid normally are asking £90 this year for xmas dinner, wouldnt like to see the trend continuing in spain

debz1 28-11-2010 15:49

I thnk the Hells kitchen menu for Christmas day sounds really reasonable....
42 € works out about 36 quid! Cant think of anywhere in the UK you'd get a 5 course meal including wine for that price.

I would imagine the staff would be on double pay for working Christmas day so that has to be taken in to account. The prices in PP are still very good and havent increased much, if at all ,over the last few years , it's just the lousy exchange rate at the moment. The restaurant owners cant take the blame for that.

Belladonna 29-11-2010 10:59

Its a good idea for there to be a choice of restaurants with a choice of prices at any time of year.
They haven't advertised their Christmas menu, but if you look at Stay's menu for the new year, its pretty expensive on first glance:
Stay Restaurant

But I bet there will be more than a few takers that night!

Compared to them, Hells Kitchen is extremely cheap.
I expect there will be cheaper options too that may not be advertised, you just have to know someone who knows as they say!

It depends on what you want on the day to what you are prepared to pay. After all, you can always stay at home and cook it yourself and watch TV.

Or... get a group together, all chose a different restaurant, and run between each restaurant for the next course! High heels optional.;)

Sparky 30-11-2010 16:47

Tango are serving an MDD on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day for 30€ i will post the full menu tomorrow.

Lorenzo 01-12-2010 01:36

Christmas 2010

Mulligans is also open on Christmas Day according to the new owners, Julie & Dave.
I am not sure what the food offer will be (dreadful memory!!) but Julie said that Guillermo from The Hustlers would be playing music there during the proceedings.

Sparky 01-12-2010 09:45

Tango Christmas Eve and Day Menu.

Here is the Tango menu:-

Aperitif

Octopus and squid fried Mallorcan style with fresh fennel
Sobrasada tartar (homemade from Mallorcan black pig)

First course (choose one)

Poultry soup with pasta and fresh vegetables

Langoustine and crab cocktail with pineapple and pink sauce

Sauted prawns and vegetables with homemade "longaniza"

Fresh salmon lasagne with nutmeg spinach, mozzarella and emmental cheese

Fish and shellfish soup with rice

Main course (chooseone)

Roast lamb served sliced in it's own juice

Seafood brochette with garlic vinaigrette and soya sauce

Fillets of pork loin with "salmantino" style dressing

Andalusian fried diced cod on a bed of potato and aubergine chips with red pepper sauce

Young boneless turkey stuffed with duck livers, cured ham and nuts

Desserts

Homemade from the trolley

Fresh fruit

Wines

Blanco: Nuviana Chardonnay 2009

Tinto: Bodegas San Mames (Ribera del Duero)

Cava: Codorniu Brut

Water

Price 30€ pp.

lollipop 01-12-2010 10:42

We have eaten at Tango for the past two years and a very good meal it was as well. If you want a window seat book early because they have some quite large groups in. The price is the same or even slightly lower than last year.

kate1 03-12-2010 18:10

Actually I don't think even the Stay sounds wildly extortionate given the quality (and size) of the meal - and a free bar all night! And what a place to celebrate New Year... I would say that was competitive with the UK where even quite ordinary pubs seems to charge a minimum of £75 for New Year's Eve festivities - with a much more limited menu and a single glass of fizz.

Sitting here with a broken heating system, staring at a foot of snow, I would gladly pay a premium to be at the Stay on New Year's Eve...

That Tango Christmas menu sounds delicious - an absolute bargain. Wish I could be there!

Belladonna 03-12-2010 19:03

Totally agree Kate! If the kids were not descending on us over the New Year I would have blown the flight budget and gone over to bring in the New Year at Stay.
Mind you, having just got our mobile phone bill in for when we were over last I may leave the phone behind next time! :eek:

eleanor 03-12-2010 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 52651)
Mind you, having just got our mobile phone bill in for when we were over last I may leave the phone behind next time! :eek:

OH NO!!!!! So easy to do Bella. So annoying too - why does it have to cost so much - i've never really got to grips with that one.

I agree too. Christmas lunch at Tangos followed by New Years Eve at Stay couldn't be better than that. Oh well - in my dreams...!

lollipop 04-12-2010 16:54

I have just picked up the menu for Trio on New Years Eve. Price down from previous two years to €70 inc IVA

Menu
Prawn Croquettes
Spoon of pieces of Cod with matured black olives
Small pot Alfonso I soup
Fresh Fillet of Turbot with Cream Leeks, pilau rice and Broccoli
Young beef fillet steak with tarragon and Balsamic
Garnish: Duquesa Potatoes
Sauteed Mushrooms and Forest Mushrooms

Parfait Ice Cream with anis and arabic sauce
Coffee and Liquers

Mineral Water
Wines White: Emino verdejo (Rueda)