Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 11:47

Default Mirador de la Victoria.

Hi everybody despite going to PP for close on 20 years and following the website for years this is my first post.Going to the port in just over a week and hope to try this restaurant and wondered the best way to get to it.Is the taxi fare a bit steep or what about the bus to Alcudia and a taxi from there,any ideas would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2009, 11:58
Founder

Hi there & welcome to the forum.

There are already several posts on this restaurant. Either look at the bottom of this page for similar posts or do use the search function as I think this has already been asked before.

Regards.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:01

Thumbs up

Welcome! Cant advise on Taxi fares, but if you have a car its a good drive! Not nearly as "hairy" as it used to be before they tarmaced the roads, put in cats eyes etc. But if you all want a good drink, then its a taxi for you! What ever you choose, make sure you get there before 7pm to see the sun set. Booking a table on the terrace to get a good view is also a good idea in high season. Tel; +34 971 547 173. They are closed on Mondays. Make sure you look into the church too if its open.

Last edited by Belladonna; 04-08-2009 at 12:07.
Old 04-08-2009, 16:45

Default Re : Mirador de la Victoria

Hi there.

We were there for lunch end of May. It was busy then so definitely have to call and book. You can book on the web as well if you go to :

Mirador de la Victoria Restaurant

Lots of other info as well.

Taxi fare was 16 Euros each way from PP, quite expensive but was a one-off special ocassion. Fabulous setting, service food etc etc.

Mick
Old 04-08-2009, 17:00

Alternatives could be bus to Alcudia then taxi, that might reduce cost. Or as I have done cycle over from the port if its just the view and perhaps a drink you are looking for. Last bit (about a mile) is a bit steep though so if you are not up to that stop at the beachside bar at I'lletes. The view is just as nice from there. I think its a Monday the La Victoria restaurant is closed, I've made that mistake before.
Old 04-08-2009, 19:04

Thanks for your help everyone I am looking forward to it.
Old 11-08-2009, 15:58

Bigandyg, The one thing you can be sure of if you go is that you wont find a better view anywhere. I've been many times and it never ceases to take my breath away. Enjoy!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 16:14

You will love it - great views, great food. Hope you enjoy it..
Old 11-08-2009, 16:53

Thanks going on Saturday(15th) for an anniversary meal,fly out this Thursday for a week so will post a full report on our return.
Old 11-08-2009, 19:27

Just a quick note for anyone thinking of booking this restaurant,Thanks to "belter52" for the website link I booked a table from here in the UK and within ten seconds I had a text message confirming the booking,very slick indeed and if the rest is as good bring it on.
Old 12-08-2009, 14:44

Has anyone stayed at the ermita? It would solve the problem of drinking and driving. I found this link-

Mallorca4seasons: La Ermita de la Victoria Monastir (Malorca Norte)

GG
Old 20-08-2009, 17:12

Wow,Pollensafan never have you spoken truer word,the view is fabulous.Anyway back to the beginning,we got a taxi from the port at seven on the Saturday night the driver was a young girl who believe it of not got lost and took us way past the turnoff for the restaurant and as some of you have mentioned the road is decidedily scary and so had to do a three point turn on this cliff edge.Without a word being said both MrsG and myself had unfastened our seatbelts and were ready to jump before the taxi took the quick road down.When we finally arrived we were dropped off and as we walked towards our destination in complete solitude and silence what came charging round the corner but a very large and fit looking wild goat with a hungry look in his eye,it was a fifty fifty decision run or scramble for the camera,the camera won and we got some smashing photos.Our booked table was right at the front and the view is stunning,if you get the chance go.In such a setting I would have been happy with egg and chips but we both had soup and then again we both had a large grilled sole,nothing over fancy but with that plus bread/olives one and a half bottles of house wine,Irish coffee the bill came to 77euros and without doubt doubt an anniversay meal to remember.
Just a quick addition the taxi driver on the return journey was without doubt Lewis Hamilton on his night job.
Old 20-08-2009, 21:16

LOL! Its always the way when something is suggested that is pretty easy to get to - according to those who go there often - and then you have something like that happen!!
In all the years that we have been going - over 20 - the worst that has happened is that the lights went out all over the north of the island, there were no cats eyes in the then track down from the restaurant; we couldn't have our coffees because the coffee machine was obviously not working, and had to drive back down in complete, pitch blackness!
But at least you having photos to remember your experience by is just brilliant and its great that you can now get there knowing the way!
Did you try their Whisky Tart, with them leaving the bottle of whisky with you!!??
Old 20-08-2009, 22:32

Could you not have told me that before I went.....
Old 21-08-2009, 08:41

.............not that you need one, but an excuse to visit again.