Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-08-2009, 13:01

Default Quick Service

Hi All,

Not sure if this falls under Bars & Restaurants, it may be miscellaneous but here goes anyway!

I was wondering if anyone with kids had come across this before. We have just returned from a fabulous week in PP during which we ate out every night. There was myself, hubby our 5 year old daughter and father-in-law. In all but one of the restaurants we ate we found that they brought our daughter's meal out before ours ie. we ordered 3 "menus of the day" and our daughters meal, but her food arrived before we even got our starters!

This mean't that she had eaten her food before we had even got our main course so she was sat around waiting for us to finish our meal. We obviously wanted to eat together and in the 6 years we have been going to PP this has never happened before.

In one of the restaurants it literally arrived within 5 minutes and I had to ask them to take it back as we hadn't even received our drinks order!

I found this a little odd

Suemo x.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-08-2009, 18:43

Must admit Sue I would also find it a little off putting. I am always wary in any restaurant where the food arrives too quickly whether a childs or not - it has obviously not been cooked to order. Was it someone elses?, reheated?, cooked an hour ago and being kept warm? etc etc these questions run through my mind.

Was your little one having a kids meal?, burgers, chips etc , if so they probably had everything warm and just plated it. Even so, good service would demand that all meals be served at the same time, rather than brought out when ready.

Adios

Dave
Old 18-08-2009, 21:51

Hi Dave,

The meal that came before the drinks was egg and chips! that was the meal I asked them to take back. I know what you mean about food arriving too quickly, you have to think if it is just something they have warmed up or have pre-prepared.

She ate all the meals so they can't have been too bad!

Sue
Old 19-08-2009, 21:51

Hi

I do remember many years ago when daughter was a toddler, we would be asked at lota of places if we wanted them to serve her main meal with our starter ( main meal was usually a starter portion of Spag Bol or some type of Pasta dish as opposed to a true kids meal ) ...... generally at that age we welcomed that approach as once she had finished she was usually ready to get into her buggy and fall asleep ( please no comments as we have done the buggy topic to death ) However, once she was 5 and a "big girl" there was no buggy and no mention from the waiters of serving her meal early despite the fact that it was probably a few more years until she graduated from spag bol/pasta to the more varied options ( hell she even went through a stage where she would have a spag bol starter for her starter and another spag bol starter for her main course ! )
Old 19-08-2009, 22:48

Ah CD - double spog bol - i remember those days well. I still enjoy It! LOL

GG
Old 20-08-2009, 10:40

Default Quick Service

Anybody who enjoys a plate of "breast of chicken with pepper sauce" have my daughter to thank, all she would eat and some of the restaurants like "El Posito" introduced it to their memu.