Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   o'lume (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/4841-olume.html)

kate1 07-12-2009 17:19

Thanks for the review - it looks and sounds great, will definitely be trying its new location when next out.

Bedfordboy 07-12-2009 18:32

What wonderful photos,will be going there at easter.We had some great nights at the old place. From bedfordboy.

snowy2007 08-12-2009 23:04

Thanks Sparky for the review all looks good to me.

pops 08-12-2009 23:13

Good luck Jaime, would have loved to have made the opening night but will definetly have that drink in February.

Pops

Smiddy 10-12-2009 22:22

OŽLume

going tomorrow night for our 3rd visit since opening
need i say more :D

BonysLad 11-12-2009 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiddy (Post 37609)
going tomorrow night for our 3rd visit since opening
need i say more :D

Smiddy,

Wow, that's revealing !!!! ( considering there's only two places open !!!!).

Stop stuffing your face, man and take a leaf out of Sparky's book ( many thanks, Sparky) and describe it to us poor souls stuck here in the frost and ice ( still got me shorts on though, mate !!!).

BonysLad :):)

Seriously, regards to Jaime when you go next.

jiggggy 13-12-2009 02:15

Thanks for the pics Captain, and for the review Sparky.
And good luck Jamie to the future!!

Smiddy 13-12-2009 02:33

BL! Sorry, Not to good at describing food, before our visit last night, we asked Jaime to forget his current menu and just serve a full meal of his choice, this was historic (circa M. Winner) from start to finish. All the old fans will love the place as well many new. On our first visit Mrs S was not happy with her steak, needed a little more cooking for her preference, this was quickly sorted, Jaime apologised and said the cook did not know it was for her. This is what makes the place so special, the attention to detail, everybody, if it's your 1st or 100th visit, is treated as a friend and not just customers, if anyone walks away dissapointed then it will not be due to any deficiences by Jaime and his staff.

alcanadakid 13-12-2009 16:51

We had a lovely Sunday lunch there today. Food and service were very good.

However, just one comment Jamie has kept the same concept as before where the area from the street is not the main restaurant which is at the back and round the corner. So lookimg from outside we werenŽt sure that it was open or not. In fact we were convinced it wasnŽt open until we tried the door and found it was open, much to our surprise.

Jaime ....I know you read these posts ...maybe just an "Open" sign might help

BonysLad 13-12-2009 21:16

Smiddy,

Sorry to be so rude as to prod you into action. Really glad that O'Lume is surviving and certainly on the way up in it's new location. Many of us, on these pages think the same. Glad you had such a good time when you were there.

Bonyslad :):)

Haven't had your Christmas card yet !!!!!

Pam and Dave 18-01-2010 19:47

We're coming out to PP at the end of Feb,
Does anyone know if O'lume will be open?.

RobnAnna 18-01-2010 20:18

O'Lumes telephone number is(0034)971 86 50 98 give them a ring.They may even answer!Good luck

Smiddy 24-01-2010 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam and Dave (Post 38470)
We're coming out to PP at the end of Feb,
Does anyone know if O'lume will be open?.

Or send a e-mail, just a wee note, the new restaurant closes Tuesdays. Yes, it will definately be open Feb.

robjay 11-02-2010 01:28

Just read........

Hang on Pops.....rewind to the start of this thread......WHO ate my Chocolates????????? Here was me thinking Jaime had felt peckish whilst the three of us were chatting and enjoying our drinks..........MMMMMMmmmmmmmm

We will be in the all new O'Lume in a few days time. And I'll be keeping my beady eyes on those chocolates. That's after we have had (as usual)one of the best meals in town.

Like the rest of his regulars I cant wait!!!!!!!

Take care

Robjay

sleepyboaby 11-02-2010 17:37

Hi Robjay.As always good to hear from you again.Remember and give us all one of your reviews when you get back :)