Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   o'lume (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/4841-olume.html)

pops 22-06-2009 23:24

o'lume

Got back late last night after a flying visit to PP. Friday night to Sunday night.
Just had to visit O'lume again and so glad we did.
Meal as always fantastic, complimentary fish croquettes, Tbone steak cooked to perfection, lovely lamb chops, bread with the different butters, cheese, chocolates, (sorry Rob I just realised I ate all four ha ha not really sorry!!) licquors and a bottle of wine and a bill for a mere 46 euros which I think is excellent value for the wonderful food,service etc.

Jaime then joined us for a drink and we chatted for ages and had such a lovely time catching up. Thanks Jaime we had a really good night.

I'm back with my 2 daughters next month and daughter no 1's boyfriend. (she's 21 tomorrow- can't believe it, she's been coming to Mallorca since she was 4 months old- where does the time go?) Hopefully only son who is off to Greece on a lads holiday this week will join us for a few days too. Will definetely be going back to O'lume with them too. Daughter's boyfriend is hoping Jaime will play his Michael Buble CD again.

Cheers

Pops

Pollpott 23-06-2009 00:55

Thanks for that review Pops. I've always meant to go to O'Lume but it just doesn't look very welcoming from the outside. Loads of reviews on here have recommened it but I still haven't managed to go there. Do you think it's really worth the visit. I am going to PP in just over 3 weeks time. Should I visit O'Lume?

Mark1875 23-06-2009 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollpott (Post 31768)
Thanks for that review Pops. I've always meant to go to O'Lume but it just doesn't look very welcoming from the outside. Loads of reviews on here have recommened it but I still haven't managed to go there. Do you think it's really worth the visit. I am going to PP in just over 3 weeks time. Should I visit O'Lume?

Yes, its very good.

Sparky 23-06-2009 09:20

Do go Pollpott, the food and service is to die for. I am certain you won't regret it.:D:D

LK1960 23-06-2009 10:02

I agree. It's definitely worth a visit. I too was put off in the beginning, but I'm so glad I ventured in which was as a result of reading the reviews on this forum. As Sparky says, the food and service are excellent. Looking forward to a return visit very soon :) LK

P.S Thanks for the great review Pops. Happy Birthday to your daughter.

snowy2007 23-06-2009 10:09

Quote:

Worth a visit, :rolleyes: its worth going every night, :p you will not know till you tried it.

Service is second to none and food to die for. :D

ray 23-06-2009 14:06

Definitely one of the best restaurants in PP, certainly for fish dishes, up til now a bit of a hidden gem??:cool:

Rachel23 23-06-2009 15:35

Gonna ask the dreaded question i should know but someone please jog my memory - where is olume again ???

Sorry

Sparky 23-06-2009 15:43

Rachael, Sticky: A-Z Restaurant locations.Simples;)

pops 23-06-2009 15:45

Pollpott without a doubt you must visit O'lume, anyone that remembers me a few years ago when I used to post alot will remember that I used to rave about another very popular restaurant, Tango, which is still fantastic and will always be special but over the past few years it has a rival- O'lume.! and actually there is another one in the running lol.

Thanks LK1960 for your good wishes, she's having a lovely day so far even though she had to go to work!!

Rachel23 23-06-2009 16:40

Thanks Sparky :)

Portofan 23-06-2009 18:18

To all who have not been to O'lume,
Just get yourselves there and support a local business, you will not be disappointed!

And then pops!

Over the moon to see you posting, and updating us.

Congrats to birthday girl, very best wishes, well remember our meets. specially the first one that Sunday lunchtime in El Posito!:eek:

And you ate Mr's share of the choccies ha ha!:D

Porto ;)

Tone 23-06-2009 21:07

I will soon arriving PP, never tried O'Lume but after reading all the recommendations about this restaurant we look forward to visit O'Lume, I will write a report on all restaurants when we come home to Norway:)

pops 26-06-2009 19:12

Thanks Porto,
I remember that lunch time well too lol!!
was up your way yesterday, in Stirling.

Pops

Smiddy 29-06-2009 11:48

Quote:

Oh dear, not ANOTHER one! No offence, but can i suggest you just go in ????

I'm begining to sound like a stuck record:)