Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   o'lume (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/4841-olume.html)

pops 22-06-2009 23:24

o'lume

Got back late last night after a flying visit to PP. Friday night to Sunday night.
Just had to visit O'lume again and so glad we did.
Meal as always fantastic, complimentary fish croquettes, Tbone steak cooked to perfection, lovely lamb chops, bread with the different butters, cheese, chocolates, (sorry Rob I just realised I ate all four ha ha not really sorry!!) licquors and a bottle of wine and a bill for a mere 46 euros which I think is excellent value for the wonderful food,service etc.

Jaime then joined us for a drink and we chatted for ages and had such a lovely time catching up. Thanks Jaime we had a really good night.

I'm back with my 2 daughters next month and daughter no 1's boyfriend. (she's 21 tomorrow- can't believe it, she's been coming to Mallorca since she was 4 months old- where does the time go?) Hopefully only son who is off to Greece on a lads holiday this week will join us for a few days too. Will definetely be going back to O'lume with them too. Daughter's boyfriend is hoping Jaime will play his Michael Buble CD again.

Cheers

Pops

Pollpott 23-06-2009 00:55

Thanks for that review Pops. I've always meant to go to O'Lume but it just doesn't look very welcoming from the outside. Loads of reviews on here have recommened it but I still haven't managed to go there. Do you think it's really worth the visit. I am going to PP in just over 3 weeks time. Should I visit O'Lume?

Mark1875 23-06-2009 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollpott (Post 31768)
Thanks for that review Pops. I've always meant to go to O'Lume but it just doesn't look very welcoming from the outside. Loads of reviews on here have recommened it but I still haven't managed to go there. Do you think it's really worth the visit. I am going to PP in just over 3 weeks time. Should I visit O'Lume?

Yes, its very good.

Sparky 23-06-2009 09:20

Do go Pollpott, the food and service is to die for. I am certain you won't regret it.:D:D

LK1960 23-06-2009 10:02

I agree. It's definitely worth a visit. I too was put off in the beginning, but I'm so glad I ventured in which was as a result of reading the reviews on this forum. As Sparky says, the food and service are excellent. Looking forward to a return visit very soon :) LK

P.S Thanks for the great review Pops. Happy Birthday to your daughter.

snowy2007 23-06-2009 10:09

Quote:

Worth a visit, :rolleyes: its worth going every night, :p you will not know till you tried it.

Service is second to none and food to die for. :D

ray 23-06-2009 14:06

Definitely one of the best restaurants in PP, certainly for fish dishes, up til now a bit of a hidden gem??:cool:

Rachel23 23-06-2009 15:35

Gonna ask the dreaded question i should know but someone please jog my memory - where is olume again ???

Sorry

Sparky 23-06-2009 15:43

Rachael, Sticky: A-Z Restaurant locations.Simples;)

pops 23-06-2009 15:45

Pollpott without a doubt you must visit O'lume, anyone that remembers me a few years ago when I used to post alot will remember that I used to rave about another very popular restaurant, Tango, which is still fantastic and will always be special but over the past few years it has a rival- O'lume.! and actually there is another one in the running lol.

Thanks LK1960 for your good wishes, she's having a lovely day so far even though she had to go to work!!

Rachel23 23-06-2009 16:40

Thanks Sparky :)

Portofan 23-06-2009 18:18

To all who have not been to O'lume,
Just get yourselves there and support a local business, you will not be disappointed!

And then pops!

Over the moon to see you posting, and updating us.

Congrats to birthday girl, very best wishes, well remember our meets. specially the first one that Sunday lunchtime in El Posito!:eek:

And you ate Mr's share of the choccies ha ha!:D

Porto ;)

Tone 23-06-2009 21:07

I will soon arriving PP, never tried O'Lume but after reading all the recommendations about this restaurant we look forward to visit O'Lume, I will write a report on all restaurants when we come home to Norway:)

pops 26-06-2009 19:12

Thanks Porto,
I remember that lunch time well too lol!!
was up your way yesterday, in Stirling.

Pops

Smiddy 29-06-2009 11:48

Quote:

Oh dear, not ANOTHER one! No offence, but can i suggest you just go in ????

I'm begining to sound like a stuck record:)

pops 29-06-2009 15:12

sorry we missed you Smiddy last week.

Pops

Smiddy 30-06-2009 11:51

O' Lume

Everybody seems to "just miss me":) Think i'm getting paranoid!

Mark1875 30-06-2009 13:46

I would be more worried about what and why they are aiming at you?

Smiddy 30-06-2009 20:11

I accept everything.....but, blows!

pottypollensa 05-07-2009 11:10

hi all
me 'n ' hubby just got back from PP last night and following advice from your good selves I had put O'Lume on my list of to do places it was empty and hubby wouldnt go in so we had loud disscussion outside and I told him you all said we HAD to go in . He reluctantly did as he was told and Jaime was laughing at us as we entered and said "You won't know till you tried it" IT WAS FANTASTICO FOOD, LOVELY!!! and jaime was very kind and friendly it was so good we went back again 3 days later !! going to post a proper trip report later cos went to Stay to but first off to find that seaview now wheres it gone ?...................

:)

Sparky 05-07-2009 11:35

So glad you enjoyed it, but i knew you would.
Would we lie to you? :D;)

pescador2009 05-07-2009 23:08

Went in O'Lume a few weeks ago after failing to get in last year when it was full (or should I say Jaimie was only taking as many people as he could manage to serve in a goodly manner).
It was worth the 12 month wait. Although only one other table occupied when we went in - another one later - it really was worth it. I can also say the food was excellent, the service was excellent, the night was excellent. Congratulations to Jaimie and his very smart and polite staff.
Do make an effort and seek out O'Lume - two streets back from the harbour - Jaime deserves your custom. He did say it has been variable this year due, no doubt, to the present economic situation.

Lala70w 12-07-2009 11:45

Review - O' Lume June 2009

Had another delicious meal in O' Lume last week.

For 4 people - 99 euros

free appetisers - fish croquettes
bread and 3 types of butter
3 soup
2 "medium" (read HUGE) T-bone of the bone steaks
1 chicken breast, pepper sauce
1 veal entrecot, pepper sauce
(all with delicious veggies on the side)
2 home made ice-cream
1 fig flavoured panna cotta (YUM!)
bottle Jaumie Mesquida, a Bacardi and coke, a large beer, water
free drinks on the house - B & C, G & T and 2 amarettos
free hand made chocolates

Food and service perfect - can't recommend O Lume highly enough - go through that door - you won't be disappointed! :)

Smiddy 12-07-2009 18:36

O' Lume

Lala,

Good informative report, if that doesn't get 'em thru the door nothing will:) People must think i'm on commission for pushing this restaurant, i'm not, of course, but other than trawling the port and gang pressing people, i don't know what else i (we) can do:)

patc 13-07-2009 19:52

Went last Thursday night thinking you did not have to book, they could not take us untill later as they were so busy. I was disappointed but only had myself to blame.

Lala70w 13-07-2009 20:28

well that's good news - hurrah - but sorry Pat not for you I mean :o

pops 02-08-2009 16:04

Thanks Jane, IŽll get this one going again. Looking forward to eating here this week once the other half arrives.

Thanks Snowy I did get your pm.

Cheers

Pops

animagic21 02-08-2009 18:49

O'Lume

Off to PP next Sat.... would like to try O'Lume as Jaime and food sound extremely nice. We do have a very fussy eater with us, would Jaime be prepared to cook something really plain, such as omlette or pasta with bolognese etc? Don't want to offend him!

gpm 02-08-2009 18:50

Remember i said it was a clique who liked o, lume, i actually thought that was unfair until i read the latest forum. what happened to anybody who didn,t like it, are they not allowed their say. i have no problem with the place, but it aint that good. Does nobody else agree with me, or is it my personality and taste buds. GPM

JH02JLH 02-08-2009 18:57

Hi gpm,

Everybody is allowed their say, but accusing people of belonging to a clique because they like the restaurant is not fair and not relevant to the forum. If you don't like O Lume, then that's fine...everyone has their own opinions and not everyone likes the same restaurant.

Please can we keep this thread on O Lume and honest reviews about eating there.

Thanks
Jane

gpm 02-08-2009 19:25

OK didn,t like it, but on the positive side I would like to tell you my favies, not in order..... Centric.. wee Tony, works like the devil,, food lovely, Corb Mari, great food, waiters really friendly,a wee bit eccentric like myself, Can Andrew, again love it and the girl who runs it should give lessons on how to treat customers, Nico,s, the original Tex Mex who the Dakota mob stole his business idea from, and finally Los farroles? great fish.So many great places to eat!!

TheFussies 02-08-2009 21:49

Animagic21 if you read my post on O Lume (Visit Report Part 1) you will find Jamie is very obliging. Go and ask and he will do it either that day or the following if he has to purchase anything special. It worked for Ms Fussy and the cost was very reasonable.

Mr Fussy

animagic21 03-08-2009 00:24

O'Lume

Thanks Mr Fussy, will certainly take your advice!

Red Robbo 04-08-2009 16:33

We tried O'Lume last week after reading posts on the site - and the food was really nice and reasonably priced. The four of us had different main courses, from lamb chops to turbot and the special cod. All faultless.
Only thing was it lacked atmosphere - as with many people we had walked past it on countless occasions in the past and not bothered to try because it looked quiet.
On the night we went, think it was a Tuesday, there were only three other tables in use and at the end of the night we were the last to leave, about 10.45pm.
But have to agree, and I presume it was Jamie who was running the place, he was a friendly pleasant chap whose food was good.

pops 04-08-2009 21:57

OŽlume

Hi guys

Me again. Sorry youŽll be fed up of me soon!!!!

Just had drink with Jaime and Robjay but no food tonight.:( Looking forward tomorrow night. got our table booked for 2 at 8.30 hmmmm (apparantly after the Celtic match!!!) Still canŽt believe they beat Spurs last Sunday and I payed to see it .... at Wembley!!!!

enjoyed the beers and the chat Jaime,

Pops

Smiddy 05-08-2009 14:12

O' Lume

Pops, next time we'll send out our 1st team;)

LK1960 12-10-2009 22:14

O'Lume

I visited O’Lume last Tuesday night. Sadly there was no one in the restaurant when we arrived at about 8.30pm, but I’ve learned not to let that put me off.

As well as the delicious free appetiser, bread and a selection of butters, we shared a starter of grilled vegetables, followed by T-bone steak and cod a la romano. Just about managed a gorgeous chocolate mousse for desert. Without exception, all the food was beautifully cooked and presented. With a bottle of house white, 2 coffees, chocolates and liquors, the bill came to an excellent 49 euros.

In my opinion, Jamie is a charming host and I left his restaurant feeling as though I’d had a really special night out. He told me that he reads all the reviews posted on the forum, so thank you for a lovely meal – look forward to dining at the new location when we return.

its cd 12-10-2009 23:05

Do we know when the new venue is due to open ?

LK1960 13-10-2009 11:15

I think he said November. Sorry that's a bit vague, hopefully someone will have more precise information.

Smiddy 13-10-2009 11:55

LK 1960, My son and his GF also love the chocolate mouse, he insists we bring some back, which Jaime obliges, all wrapped up for the journey. (The CM not Jaime):) I know he reads all the reviews, he's a perfectionist, that's why i get a wee bit anyoyed at some of the jibes on this forum which have nothing to do with the food, not nice!