Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-03-2009, 17:32

Default tango

If you get the bus to Tango, where do you ask the bus driver for a ticket to go to?

Cheers, looks good and sunny today!!
Sponsored Links
Old 14-03-2009, 18:53

Tango at Sa Vostra would probably do. It will probably cost the same as going to Alcudia!!!

My FlickR Photos
Old 14-03-2009, 20:34

If you pass the new roundabout you've gone too far
Old 15-03-2009, 09:12

I think it Llenaire if you look at the timetable its the stop before Club del Sol, our driver wasn't very helpful last year and we ended up at the Club del Sol stop but glad we did as walking back to Tango's the view was great so might do that again this year
Old 15-03-2009, 10:07

how far is it from club del sol? sounds like a good option
Old 16-03-2009, 07:17

About a 10 minute walk some of it along the main road but there was hardly any traffic when we did it last August it really was worth it for the view
Old 29-04-2009, 17:42

Default Tango

If anyone goes to Tango's for an evening meal, it might be worth checking first to see if they are also hosting wine tasting at the same time.
We went there in April (6th or 7th April can't quite remember) and found that they were hosting such an event there.
Whilst we had really been looking forward to a great evening meal, we found that they had allowed the wine tutor to have a microphone and the whole of our evening was marred by his constant monologue over the loud speaker system there. It was so loud we could barely talk amongst ourselves.
We asked several times how long it was going on for and were reassured a few times that 'it wouldn't be long'.
A wonderful silence then ensued only for the whole racket to start up again shortly after. Never again I'm afraid after that experience. We simply paid and left after the main course.
Old 01-05-2009, 14:41

The Tango absolutely brilliant, prefer it at the new place although have to drive - it's ok my wife doesn't drink - I know too good isn't she!
Food as good as ever, last year arrived to see where it was and there was Lois getting out of his car to start work, shouted hello ( Ola really ) see you later - just syays the welcome - how do they remember you 12 months later ah mysteries of lIfe.
The view is well worth finding it - will be there on arrival, post depacking at the Bahia on Thursday 13th May - 12 days and counting!
Old 10-05-2009, 18:45

Hello - just joined! Can anyone tell me where exactly Tango is please? I can't seem to find the location. We're staying in the Llenaire area - bit further out than I'd expected, so a bit worried... is Tango convenient for there, and do they have any vegetarian options?

Many thanks!
Old 10-05-2009, 18:58
Founder

Welcome to the forum.

Tango is further out towards Alcudia - see our map of the Southern beach area of PP www.puertopollensa.com/maps/southern.html - Llenaire is in about row 16 whereas Tango Ca Vostra is at the bottom of the map (very edge of PP) - row 19.
Old 10-05-2009, 20:39

Hi shockingpink, great name, you are close to Tangos where you are, and yes they have a great selection of veggie stuff, always been one of our favorites, veggie paella and stir fry, and great location, and dont worry, only about 20 mins into port along the beach.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:33

Thanks for the help and the welcome! Sounds as though Tango's worth trying then. Really looking forward to our trip now; we're off on Saturday!
Old 21-05-2009, 15:50
Super Moderator

Just thought i would pass this on, i spoke to the owners of Tango today in El Posito (it's their day off) and they said they will not be moving back to the old site when it is finished.
Old 21-05-2009, 16:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Just thought i would pass this on, i spoke to the owners of Tango today in El Posito (it's their day off) and they said they will not be moving back to the old site when it is finished.
Been a longtime customer at ElPosito, but had an unexpectedly large bill the other night. Tango meal of the day gave rather better value and a lot less cost.

We will try again when we return in August, but with the exchange rate etc the pennies need to be watched.

Please note that I am not one of those people who demand to pay only peanuts for services rendered, everyone deserves a fair crack or the whip, but when you have a 30 euro difference between 2 very similar meals (for 4 persons), it makes you think.
Old 28-05-2009, 12:43

Was in the Tango last week, as good as usual, a annual welcome from Manola etc, greta to be back.
The food good as usual, 16.80eur for 3 courses and a drink, excellent value and good as well. The sea view - popular with all unless you want to be with the music (not all days Mon-Wed-Fri-Sun I think)
We were also told by Manola that they were staying there, a bit smaller, still quite busy - depends on the weather and people out that way. Just right and not manic.
Can't wait until next year.