Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2007, 07:42
pops

Default Tango

I have just returned from PP after the weekend and although I had heard this a few weeks ago, I wanted it confirmed by the owners, (and had been praying it was just rumours) but my worst fears have been confirmed.

On November 1st this year, Tango is closing down.

I will miss it as some of my happiest memories of PP are of Tango.

Pops
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2007, 17:32

Oh, no, no, no, no, nooooo!
Old 06-03-2007, 19:10
animagic21

Default tango

This is terrible news!!! No more lovely lamb shanks after our trip to PP in August! A great family restaurant, with extremely reasonable prices!! I wonder what will come in its place?? Oh...dear....
Old 06-03-2007, 22:06
jessiebean

Default Re: tango

Pops - Any idea why they are closing? (Just being nosy!!!)

Jessiebean
Old 07-03-2007, 03:28
James

Default Tango

That's so sad to hear.

Tango is a fantastic place. I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to have Christmas Day lunch there this past Christmas. It was excellent and such good value for money. If this is correct, it sounds like it was last Christmas lunch they will ever serve.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:48
alansuddick

What desperate news!

Probably like most on this forum, we have some great memories of this fantastic restaurant albeit some of them are a tad hazy!!

But what a great development site right in the heart of the town. Here's hoping the planning people realize this spot is the jewel in the crown of the square and only allow something really fitting (that's supposing it does go for development)

Put me down for two tickets for the last night party.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:06
pops

Default Tango

Yes this is correct, I was told by Marcos and Manolo. (Son and owner).As far as I know they are knocking the building down and there are lots of different plans for it, it may re open in a couple of years as a restaurant, but nothing definate.

I have enjoyed christmas and new years lunches/dinners too and i think it is so sad too, but knew this was inevitable in the not too distant future, just didn't think it would be quite so soon.

Pops
Old 07-03-2007, 18:56

Tangos is also our favourite restaurant, we have already decided to go there on our first day this July, really sad news, this will be a great loss to the resort, you only have to see the queue out side each night to see how popular it is. Please keep us informed with anymore information you can get.
Old 07-03-2007, 23:28

We always visit Tango during our stay - it will be a "must" during our July visit and also in October hopefully.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:28

Ohhhhh only just noticed this

Tango was one of our "finds" the very first time we came to PP

We found TOTS first , way way back when Juan and Catherine still owned it

Our daughter was about 18months at the time and fell in love with Juan and his Spag Bol ( a lasting devotion that has seen her into her teens ....... she still doesn't consider she is properly in PP until she has been to Trio, had a big hug and a bowl of Spag bol. )

Whilst in Tots we noticed Tango on the napkins, tried it and loved it ......... great food, great value, great great waiters.

I have some lovelly memories of my daughter and neice dancing away to the live music well before they ever reached school age

Will have to go for a farewell meal when we are in PP in July

God I hope they don't let it fall into the hands of some nutter who decides to sell the land to Mac Donalds
Old 09-03-2007, 16:39

What a thought! That's just plain scary!! :eek
Old 24-03-2007, 16:44

No - oH! A PP fav - cheesy music and dancing with the kids. Tender Duck. Baked potatoes with garlic butter. More food than it is humanly possible to eat! Huge G & T's. Toasties on Market Day. How could they?
Old 13-04-2007, 06:03

We were in Tangos just before Easter and asked Marcos why he was closing in November.

He said that the owner of the building wanted to re-develop to put more apartments above the restaurant.

This would take about two years and Tango would look for new premises for that period and hope to return to the original sight at the end of the re-devlopment.
Old 13-04-2007, 17:54

Thanks for finding that out. Glad to hear that it will be just apartments built above, and that they hope to return after they are finished, lets hope that they find somewhere else to move to for the next couple of years.
Old 13-04-2007, 20:58

I was really shocked to read about this. I don't understand how the building owner can be so short sighted.

We used to love going to Tangos and still have a tape we bought of a couple who were singing one night and we thought they were fantastic. However, the following morning it didn't seem quite as good - probably 'cause we were listening to it sober!!

Wonder how many others have done that?

Will be a great shame - I hope that it doesn reopen elsewhere and it is just as successfull - then they won't have to move back.
Maybe the building owner will then kick himself!!