Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By JH02JLH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-09-2019, 13:00

Default Restaurant review: La Font del Gall Sep 2019

It has been a long time since we last ate at this delightful restaurant overlooking the cockerel fountain. I'm pretty sure the last time we ate there it was under Scottish ownership as I have vague memories of sampling some haggis! Now, I get the feeling that it's changed hands?

We had booked a table earlier in the evening (it seems that you have enough time to secure a table before enjoying a pre-dinner drink) and the restaurant was packed. There was a really lovely atmosphere, a lot of which was down to the very friendly and hospitable staff. This was probably my favourite evening of the whole holiday and we were made to feel very welcome.

Anyway...to the food! We ordered bread, olives and aioli as a pre-starter, followed by a warm salad of bacon and chicken for Mike and I, mussels in a tomato sauce for Sophie (there were other sauces available as well) and a strawberry, almond and ham salad for hubby.

Mike and I agreed that our salads were delicious and Sophie particularly enjoyed her mussels. Hubby was very pleased with his choice.

For mains we chose the seafood and meat paella (Mike), suckling pig for hubby, the spinach fettucine with beef strips for Sophie and the entrecote steak served with roasted veg and a baked potato for me.

I ordered a bottle of red wine with a curious name to share with Sophie - it was called Butibalausi and one I had never heard of before! It was slightly dry with a hint of tannins and went well with our dishes.

The food was delicious and the mains arrived after a good interval, giving us plenty of time to chat and do a lot of people watching. I was impressed with Mike's paella - it was stuffed with seafood and chucks of meat, probbaly rabbit. Some of my steak (the fatty bits) somehow ended up in a local cat's mouth...I have no idea how that happened, but the "moixets" added to the welcoming atmosphere of this lovely restaurant.

We skipped desserts but we were treated to not one, but two liqueurs, by the staff - a combination of malibu, pineapple and lemon - which was much appreciated!

The bill came to 169 euros, not including the tip.
Sharonh, Sparky, Rosie34 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by JH02JLH; 29-09-2019 at 13:05.
Sponsored Links