Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   No. 31 Restaurant and Bar. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/13331-no-31-restaurant-bar.html)

Doogz1874 16-06-2017 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherberts (Post 118940)
Where is this restaurant please? But don't give road names please as I'm clueless!!

From Celler La Parra head towards the seafront, take the 1st left & head past the Hiper Centro supermarket and it's on the left hand side on the next block.

Alternatively, from El Posito - heading towards the mountains take the first left and it's on the right hand side.

Sparky 16-06-2017 14:20

No.31 Restaurant & Bar - On C/ Vicenc Buades (2nd road back from the square), coming from C/Juan XX111 (the main road coming in from Pollensa) on the left just after HiperCentro supermarket.

Sparky 16-06-2017 14:24

Directions for restaurants are provided here :- http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...irections.html

You could also download this map to help find places :- http://www.puertopollensa.com/maps/p...depollenca.pdf

Sparky 06-07-2017 12:11

Change of opening hours.

The owners have decided not to open lunchtimes Tuesdays to Saturdays but are now open at 5pm, serving food from 6pm. This is good for those who like to dine early but it is advisable to book a table because they are now getting very busy and have had to turn people away.
They are still open for the Sunday carvery from 1-7pm :D.

CharlieV 06-07-2017 22:33

Liking the sound of this restaurant. Does anyone know if it has any outside tables ?

CharlieV 06-07-2017 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieV (Post 119160)
Liking the sound of this restaurant. Does anyone know if it has any outside tables ?

Apologies, just read the rest of this thread and can see they have an outside courtyard. ;)

Pina 12-07-2017 12:38

Had a lovely Sunday roast at No.31. Iced melon soup to start, delicious, hubby had the goats cheese again lovely. Huge Yorkshire puddings and help yourselves to as much veg and potatoes as you like. Wide selection and all really tasty, especially the roasties. AND really good value. Lovely courtyard setting.

Sparky 27-07-2017 13:38

They are now opening at 6pm Tuesdays - Saturdays and are postponing the carvery on Sundays for the next 6 weeks and doing a la carte only ;).

wee sensation 27-07-2017 19:21

I agree with all the favourable comments previously posted - however, one word of caution - on our last visit which was during the second week of July,the service from the kitchen was exceedingly slow. We knew it would be worth the wait, but other new diners were beginning to get a bit restless. We arrived at 8pm and our main course was served at 9.30pm. Of course there will be teething problems, but I hope Siobhan manages to sort this problem out as I would hate her new venture not to be a success. She is a fellow Scot from Wishaw (or 'Wishie') for fellow Scots on the forum, and my family and I wish her and her team the best of luck throughout the season.P. S. I agree Sparky about the wine cooler idea!! We'll be back!:)

Sparky 28-07-2017 11:13

I think they are victims of their own success and are busier than expected. It is very costly to start a new business and Spanish employment law doesn't make it easy either, they would probably love to have extra help in the kitchen. I know Kevin and Siobhan follow this forum and will do the best they can to provide the best service they can :).

Sparky 28-07-2017 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by wee sensation (Post 119415)
I agree with all the favourable comments previously posted - however, one word of caution - on our last visit which was during the second week of July,the service from the kitchen was exceedingly slow. We knew it would be worth the wait, but other new diners were beginning to get a bit restless. We arrived at 8pm and our main course was served at 9.30pm. Of course there will be teething problems, but I hope Siobhan manages to sort this problem out as I would hate her new venture not to be a success. She is a fellow Scot from Wishaw (or 'Wishie') for fellow Scots on the forum, and my family and I wish her and her team the best of luck throughout the season.P. S. I agree Sparky about the wine cooler idea!! We'll be back!:)

I have received a message from them and they asked me to thank you for your constructive criticism. They are aware that they don't always get the timings right but have a new helper in the kitchen now and so things should improve especially on busy nights :D.

Disorderly 28-07-2017 16:52

I really don't understand why restaurants do this, other than greed. I always book ahead so really object to slow service caused by too many customers being allowed in without a booking. Centric did this last year.......this year we didn't go back. Then they wonder why there are negative posts! It not called a "service industry" for nothing.

Sparky 28-07-2017 17:09

I do see your point but have witnessed many times in a lot of restaurants, customers turn up late and then take an age to decide what they want or change their orders, this does have a knock on effect, i am not saying this is the case here but it happens frequently ;).

P&C@29 22-09-2017 08:38

No 31restaurant

Last night tried No 31 for the first time the atmosphere was great, friendly staff, great food, wine and very reasonably priced. WELL DONE 31!

Sparky 25-10-2017 13:21

Charity quiz and bingo night.

No 31 is hosting a quiz and prize bingo night from 7pm on Friday 3rd November, all money from the bingo will be donated to a charity chosen on the night. The cost will be 10€ per person which will include supper and teams will be 4 max :).