Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Wine and More Wine (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/wine-more-wine/)
-   -   Good reds, where to buy? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/wine-more-wine/4572-good-reds-where-buy.html)

debz1 06-05-2009 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollensafan (Post 29957)
Hi, I use Tesco wine direct on line. It comes up on offer every few weeks. I'll probabaly get reprimanded in a moment as i've gone away from the original topic but if you would indulge me a moment longer i must mention to anyone that enjoys a good ros'e wine, then you should try tescos Stork's Tower rosado from the Leon region of spain it's without doubt one of the finest i have ever tasted and i've tried them all over the years and before anyone suggest's it No i don't work for tescos.

I have just spied in our wine rack a bottle of Stork's Tower and I thought I recognised the name. Have just found your post and I was right! It's not the rosado though it's the tempranillo , but for tasting puposes only I'm going to have a glass and report back ;)

Debs

its cd 06-05-2009 22:09

Faustino VII at Tesco for £6.99 .......... bought some , sat and drank it and imagined I was sitting in the window at Tango looking out over the bay - t didnt bother to look out of the actual window and see the meadow that should be a lawn if Mr CD ever gets round to pushing the mower around ( yes sexist I know but I do appreciate a man for his usefulness)

liz d 23-05-2009 07:08

Thanksyou to everyone for tips. It was a tough job to try the reds and to seek out the wonderful places selling it!

So, which "good" red won .......................It has got to be Mortix, fantastic, ticked every box for me and it is made in our lovely Pollensa.

:D:D:D

Belladonna 18-10-2014 20:05

Have been trying to find a Faustino 1 1996 for my sister who wants to get a bottle for her partner. Impossible so far in the UK, but have heard it's easier to find in Spain obviously. Has anyone seen it for sale on the island, or has any idea of links to try please? :confused:

Gommar Goffer 19-10-2014 11:03

Belladonna - a quick search has shown that there is one on ebay in Germany currently at €1.67 so you might grab a bargain:D

I would expect that bif you find one through normal channels it will be in the hundreds of pounds and may well be undrinkable!

You could try e-mailing Faustino directly as they may be able to help.

Belladonna 19-10-2014 11:37

Thanks GG! I wonder how much the packaging would be?! Wine merchants in Uk haven't been particularly helpful - they are all "looking" for us! May have a scout around on the island next week. So many other Faustinos available, very frustrating to have such a particular year wanted! :rolleyes:

Belladonna 19-10-2014 11:59

Year change for wine - bit more sensible - 1996! :rolleyes: Kid sisters eh!? :rolleyes:

klad1 19-10-2014 12:09

1996 Faustino I Rioja Reserva 1996

Is this the wine you are looking for?

klad1 19-10-2014 12:12

Just looked at the site again and it now says out of stock ... in the space of a couple of minutes!

Belladonna 19-10-2014 13:49

LOL! Yes Kate, have found that on a lot of UK sites, they lead you in, then let you down! Thanks for looking though! ;)