Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-05-2013, 12:33

I found C'an Cuarassa to be quite unhelpful when enquiring about having reception there, I sent an email around 4 weeks ago, and another one 2 weeks ago but no reply(using the email address on their website)so decided to have it at Stay instead! Have you thought about having your ceremony in a hotel? Lots of them have gorgeous terraces/beachfront locations where they can hold a wedding blessing
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2013, 08:27

Default Is this right?

We have recently booked St. Andrews Church in Puerto Pollensa for our Wedding Blessing next September, have just received the paperwork and details of fee, I was under the impression from research online and also information on the actual Anglican Church website that the fee would be between 150-300 euros depending on the church, but now I'm being told it's 300 euros for use of St Andrews PLUS 450 euros for the Anglican Chaplaincy, so 750 euros in total. This seems very expensive for a half hour Wedding Blessing, considering we are paying all the legal fees/paperwork in the UK beforehand, anyone who has had a blessing in Majorca, does this sound right?
Old 04-06-2013, 09:33

Michelle,

In our church the charge for a wedding for anyone who is not a member and not helping to pay for the ongoing costs of running the building is £400/€450, the church in PP is not owned by the Anglican Church so this may explain the slightly higher cost. I think you have to compare this with the other costs involved flowers/photographer etc.

PP76
Old 04-06-2013, 09:47

Thanks for the reply PP76, we haven't asked for flowers/photographer & nothing in the paperwork says this is included, so the 750 euros is simply for the use of the Church and the blessing. I thought the church in PP was part of the Anglican Church, as there's a section on their website Anglican Church Mallorca - Marriage in Pollenca so not sure why there is a further charge of 450 euros for the priest(I'm assuming this is what they mean when they say this fee is for the 'Anglican Chaplaincy'?)when the priest is based there anyway? I know I should just ask the woman who sent me the information but feel like I've pestered her enough already!
sullafon likes this.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:49

Sorry just to clarify the fee for the use of the Church is 300 euros and the fee for the 'Anglican Chaplaincy' is a further 450 euros. I don't understand what the additional charge is for
Old 04-06-2013, 14:48

Michelle,
I am basing my facts on how the Church of Scotland works, the Anglican Church may be different.
The church building in PP is owned by the Roman Catholic church who are good enough to allow the Anglican church to use it (I presume rent it) so that may explain this part of the charge. The other cost is to hire a "Professional" who in this case is a Church Minister, they may also be paying someone to open, close and tidy the church. Most churches find it very difficult to cover costs these days and this may be one way that helps, the local congregation while happy to help with visitors who choose to get married in PP will not wish to subsidise visitors.

I am sure you will have a wonderful day.

PP76
Old 04-06-2013, 17:15

Hi Michelle

The charges you have been given above are indeed correct, this is what we paid last year and agree with PP76 that the reason for the additional charge is for opening, closing the church, they may have to get a church minister from another part of the island as I believe Canon Mel Smith who conducted our blessing is no longer there. I am not sure if they have replaced him or not. As you are not a resident within PP the prices reflect that. Can I just say that it is worth it, the church is beautiful and the setting even better! They were more than happy to open the church early and left it open for photographs afterwards. Flowers and photographers are not included in the price. I have a fab contact for flowers should you need it also hair dresser. We flew our photographer out with us so can't help with that, sorry.

Anything else just keep messaging!
Claire
Old 04-06-2013, 17:15

Michelle, the church is a roman catholic church who allow the Anglian Community to use it. St Andrews are in the throes of appointing a new chaplain,if not in post the Vicar from Palma would officiate. I am sure that if you contact the person at St Andrews she will be pleased to explain the costs further.
Old 04-06-2013, 17:31

Thats great explains a lot, wish I'd read this before emailing the Church again haha! I read the website and when it said from 150 300 euros I asssumed that would be the total cost, but I understand the reasons for the additional charge and we are happy to pay this as can't imagine getting married anywhere else now! Claire that would be fantastic, our ceremony isn't until September 27th 2014 so some time away but I will definitely be looking at arranging a hairdresser and flowers around 6 months before the wedding so will be in touch
lollipop likes this.