Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 21:56

Thanks for answering on Rays behalf, its wasn't clear what the inference was that was all

On island time!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2010, 22:08

I wasn't answering on Rays behalf just saying how I had read it
Old 11-12-2010, 23:14

Have to try to keep it light???!!!! Serious subject and soooo frustrating but . . . . . . . a general clean up is needed actually not just the dog poo but its like flogging a dead horse - or should that be dog?
Old 12-12-2010, 15:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
sws I think ray meant of course it's in Catalan as in naturally! At least that's how most people would have taken it. Why the sarcasm or was it your attempt at dry humour?
Think you hit the nail on the head here Debz! Probably a bit of both! Not that i'm answering for sws of course - just how I read it too!

sws - just NOT necessary!
Old 13-12-2010, 12:34

Quote from JMDOn a positive note, I have seen a small increase in people walking their dogs with little bags . . . but rarely see anyone actually using it.
Alcudia is way ahead of us which is very frustrating when over 20years ago it was the pits!!
Unquote

I agree with you on the "little bags" observation, and every little bit helps as they say. Hopefully dog owners themselves will give "the look" to other dog owners!

On the Alcudia reference. Having had an apartment there for a few years before managing to move round to Llenaire, I have to say I agree there too. Alcudia has come on in leaps and bounds and I have a theory;
Its all to do with the marina.
Mooring can cater for a greater amount of boats which are bigger, as it is far deeper than the marina in PP.
Bigger boats; more money, both to the authorities and money spent locally. Its something that cannot be altered in PP, therefore it has to have its own Unique Selling Point.
Which it can have in bucket loads as we all know - it just takes a little effort from the people who are there. Its not all down to the council and money - although that helps obviously - but pride from residents is foremost.
I do get the impression year by year that PP IS trying to pull its weight but being pulled back again by lethargy in some quarters, and greed in others.

I'm sure we all do out bit when we can by protesting or form filling, but we are in the minority regarding physical numbers. It is down to continued pressure from residents that will have the most effect - so - power to the residents!!
Old 15-12-2010, 20:49

One way forward to helping dog owners in becoming more responsible dog owners, is for them to have a designated place for them to walk or take their dogs.
Education of the general public I am sorry to say is a long and hard task but if they (dog owners) can see that people / authorities are trying to help them, and its not a case of we don’t like you or your dog, ( that is the way many do see it or did in the UK ) the responsible ones will begin to realize how they affect other people. Of course you will always have the anti social lot and the only way with them is fines.
Have to say the place is a dreadful regarding dog faeces and yet as others have said, I did see at least seven people with dogs, clearing up after their dogs on my last visit.
Old 18-12-2010, 11:57
Super Moderator

We have a new blower and street cleaning machine, the operators even have new uniforms. I must say the new machine is much more effective than the old one.
Old 18-12-2010, 12:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
We have a new blower and street cleaning machine, the operators even have new uniforms. I must say the new machine is much more effective than the old one.
Sparky the phrase The **** hitting the fan' comes to mind !!!
Old 18-12-2010, 13:11
Super Moderator

LOL!!! Debs with a bit of luck the new blower will be powerful enough to move the **** into the path of the machine .
Old 20-12-2010, 16:03
Banned

Interesting. Do the street cleaners actually remove dog mess in PP then?
I've never seen them and always assumed the reason was for " 'elf 'n' safety!"

I believe it should be in their remit.

(By the way, I've filled in the excellent e-mail form on here for the council re this and sent it off). Fingers crossed.
Old 20-12-2010, 17:18
Super Moderator

Nickpaulnoah this is a point i have tried to make soooo many times before...it does get cleaned up but they can't be on every street every minute of every day and it's not only Spanish/Mallorcan dog owners who are guilty.
Old 23-12-2010, 12:37
Banned

Fair comment, they certainly can't be everywhere but at least they do remove it then.

I look forward to seeing the new equipment and uniforms mentioned. At least it sounds like it's a start.
Maybe the cleanliness message is getting through!

And if I see any Brits leaving dog mess then at least I can give them a good ear bashing that they'll understand for sure!!