Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   What do you miss? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/6232-what-do-you-miss.html)

debz1 11-07-2010 22:59

LOL @ favies! Sorry, you could have told cd I wouldn't have minded!! ;) The decking does look very nice and Bahia is a great place for a meal or drink especially if you have young children... they can have fun on the beach while you sit and watch the world go by.

GG is there something you should be telling us..... Have you become a moderator ?! ;)

eleanor 11-07-2010 23:05

LOL Debz! GG Did you not support Spain?

favie 11-07-2010 23:06

Lol.....I know honey but you know me like to keep things right!!:)
Must hear all about your hols!! Maybe not on this thread though!:)

Gommar Goffer 12-07-2010 09:34

Sorry Favie - I should have used some punctuation - I didn't mean you specificaly:)

Debz - just seeing what it feels like - Oh, The Power! ;)

easylife1 12-07-2010 21:54

What do you miss?

I didn't know that Bahia used to have patio that had to be removed but they aren't the only ones to have a new one this year - Los Pescadores has too I must say it has made it easier for people walking on Pine Walk to pass and also the people actually eating outside at the restaurants don't get jostled by passers by. Los Pescadores hasn't as many tables on it's patio though as it used to have directly on the Pine Walk

Heather

smg 12-07-2010 22:37

'only' been going 10 years, but we have missed the stalls / street entertainers who used to be on the front along from Daina, but who seem to have been moved on in the last 3 years or so - or has the number of visitors reduced, so supply/demand? - though definitely more people around in May/June 2010 than last couple of years

most of all, we just miss the whole place when we're not there!

Rosie34 13-07-2010 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by smg (Post 46738)
'only' been going 10 years, but we have missed the stalls / street entertainers who used to be on the front along from Daina, but who seem to have been moved on in the last 3 years or so - or has the number of visitors reduced, so supply/demand? - though definitely more people around in May/June 2010 than last couple of years

most of all, we just miss the whole place when we're not there!

Oh yes, I remember them well! We loved all the little stalls and painters/artists along that bit - it added a bit of atmosphere without being - whats the word - intrusive, tacky? We stayed at an apartment the other year quite near to BH and were 'entertained' nearly each evening by a busker with guitar sitting on the wall next to the beach - he never seemed to make much money but he obviously enjoyed himself, and it all added to our holiday.:):)

susiejb 13-07-2010 09:02

I liked the street clown ......he was great fun, and I miss the stallls,it adds to the atmosphere.

sws97sdg 13-07-2010 09:14

I have to agree, it was nice to see stalls at night, especially jewellery and prints, but I suppose its difficult to stop the tacky ones as well so a blanket ban is easier for the authorities to police.