Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Visitor Numbers Down? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/5944-visitor-numbers-down.html)

sws97sdg 17-09-2010 10:32

Great to hear positive reports back, the restaurants owners must be pleased with the increase in numbers, the weather is being kind as well, hope you are all enjoying the late summer sun :)

LK1960 17-09-2010 13:41

That's great news Debz. Glad to hear both the town and port are still busy. 9 of us coming over for a week on 2nd October to celebrate a big birthday, so hopefully lots of our favourite places will still be open and we can boost the profits in a few bars around town!

Sparky 17-09-2010 13:54

Debs i agree it's good to see the place has still got a buzz, i was really surprised on Monday evening to see so many people eating and drinking in the square. :D

eleanor 17-09-2010 17:39

Debz - thats great news! I'm so jealous you have had three lovely weeks!
Seriously, glad you are having a great time. Enjoy rest of your stay.

CathB 17-09-2010 18:41

the 4 of us back on 3rd october for a week.....cant wait :D

Smiddy 17-09-2010 19:46

It was certainly busier than it was when i was over the end of June! The "silver pound" is a important one, people with more disposable income who tend to use restaurants more, September has always been the busiest month for a lot of the restaurants, i always made a point of booking a table, sometimes this would not have been necessary, but there's no doubt i would have missed out on a table at O' Lume and El Posito if i had not booked on some of the nights i intended to dine.

BonysLad 17-09-2010 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiddy (Post 50000)
The "silver pound" is a important one

Silver Pound ??

What's that mate ??? You Scots minting yer own money now ???

Glad you got home OK

Another great meal at O'Lume last night !!!

BonysLad :D:D:D

Smiddy 18-09-2010 13:40

You make me jealous! Were you man enough to attempt a "TNT" cocktail? Only us Scots weaned on Irn Bru have the steel to hold a few of them:D

BonysLad 18-09-2010 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiddy (Post 50047)
You make me jealous! Were you man enough to attempt a "TNT" cocktail? Only us Scots weaned on Irn Bru have the steel to hold a few of them:D

No Smiddy,

I hold my head up to you "hardmen of Glasgow " .

Hasta luego

BonysLad :D:D

snowy2007 18-09-2010 17:29

Visitor numbers down but goals are up six fold.

Drinks on BL tonight if you can find him.

Nick 19-09-2010 11:51

Hi all

Just returned from 15 days in PP and have to say that I thought the place was very busy. Maybe people have waited until later in the season to holiday with the ash cloud thing gone and a damp August and the economy showing signs of improvement??

Hopefully the busy trend will continue??

The place is just awesome. When you return from sun to damp grey skies you really appreciate it !!!

Nick

pollensafan 19-09-2010 15:58

HI Folks, Just got back from 3 weeks in pp and i have to agree with debz. I have not seen it this busy for the last few years. It seemed to me there were a lot more spanish folk holidaying there this year and the place was buzzing. :)

Sparky 19-09-2010 16:43

Was in Nostalgia last night and was told they had a record night on Friday due to the Liverpool Ramblers FC being back in town and also many tourists.
They were doing a roaring trade in Mojito's last night.....but Debs and Bella were out on the town.;):D

debz1 19-09-2010 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 50100)
Was in Nostalgia last night and was told they had a record night on Friday due to the Liverpool Ramblers FC being back in town and also many tourists.
They were doing a roaring trade in Mojito's last night.....but Debs and Bella were out on the town.;):D

LOL @ sparky! Good to see you and Colin last night. Nostalgia was certainly very busy last night and the Mojito's were great as always. Not so my head today :eek: !!!!!

debz1 19-09-2010 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by eleanor (Post 49983)
Debz - thats great news! I'm so jealous you have had three lovely weeks!
Seriously, glad you are having a great time. Enjoy rest of your stay.

Thanks eleanor! The first two weeks were very hectic as we had the kids and grandchildren staying...great fun but very tiring! Enjoying this last week relaxing, eating and drinking far too much :)