Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Weather in PP now - 2009 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/5216-weather-pp-now-2009-a.html)

Sparky 30-09-2009 12:00

Could be around 3pm ;) it often is.

Sparky 30-09-2009 13:17

Me again, just thought i would let you know it's 2:20pm here, the sun has burnt most of the clouds off and it is now 35c.:D

sws97sdg 30-09-2009 13:24

But you said it was going to rain at 3.00?

eleanor 30-09-2009 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 35837)
Pescador,
I don't profess to be a meteorologist, i have a simple weather station on my balcony and take temperatures and rainfall figures from that. When i said the storm went on for hours i meant the thunder and lightning, the rain was intermittent.
All i am trying to do is give PP lovers an idea of what is happening while the webcam is offline.

Hi Sparky, I think you are doing a brilliant job for us - I don't care about the exact figure for the rainful!! It is just lovely of you to do this post for us everyday. I look forward to reading it and hope you decide to continue even after the webcam comes back on.
Thank you again, keep up the good work. Hope the sun shines nice and bright for you today!
Eleanor

Sparky 30-09-2009 15:39

Thanks very much Eleanor, i would be happy to continue this thread, but only if that is what the members want and as long as it is ok with Pollensa. :)

CathB 30-09-2009 19:35

thank Sparky the updates ae great...I too hope the worst of the storms are over...we are out on Monday for a week and fine days will be a bonus (in saying that after a complete washout here in August we have had had a lovely "indian summer" the last 3 weeks )

Stephen 30-09-2009 19:59

According to Accuweather the forecast from Friday (2nd) onwards,for at least a week,is nearly all Sunny with highs of 78-79 degrees. We shall be arriving there at lunchtime and will be straight down to the beach. After that,in the early evening - several cold adult beverages having been consumed- we will, armed with notebook and pencil, eat at one of the fine establishments listed on this very forum.
I'm really looking forward to it.

Sparky 30-09-2009 23:22

Yes Stephen and AccuWeather are more accurate than most. I hope they have got it right for you next week.;)

Sparky 01-10-2009 09:57

I see the Webcam is working again but it doesn't tell you what the temperature is. So it's 24c and rising ;).

sws97sdg 01-10-2009 10:30

Thanks for letting us know Sparky, great to see the port again :)

Rosie34 01-10-2009 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 35856)
Thanks very much Eleanor, i would be happy to continue this thread, but only if that is what the members want and as long as it is ok with Pollensa. :)

Thanks Sparky - its been really useful having your regular reports especially as the webcams have been down - was this to do with the thunderstorms! Anyway hopefully its looking good for next week - we will hopefully arrive on Thursday to a welcoming balmy gentle breeze!;)

BonysLad 01-10-2009 20:02

Rosie,

The weather is definitely " quietening down " , and the next week or so looks good as we move into Autumn. Best evening , of the week, so far. More descriptive to talk the weather in a social context so tonight, for the first time this week , kids out playing on the streets again in the evening. Getting dark c 8 p.m. Looks like a nearly full moon tonight, but will have to check the old lunar calander. Apparently for those who are a bit folically challenged , the secret is to stand outside all night on a full moon !!!!!

Have a great trip, sure the weather will now be good.

BonysLad :):)

snowy2007 01-10-2009 20:10

Not bad here in UK today played golf with Malc in shirt sleves wonderful, looking forward to seeing you soon, keep that sun shining

BonysLad 01-10-2009 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowy2007 (Post 35882)
Not bad here in UK today played golf with Malc in shirt sleves wonderful, looking forward to seeing you soon, keep that sun shining

Snowy,

Yeah, for those of us here for the last couple of weeks, we've been really envious as we look at the UK weather reports. Really sorry for those who have been over the last fortnight as they've probably picked the worst two weeks of the year ( early April excepted ) .

Hope you took his money ???

BonysLad :):)

shotokan 01-10-2009 22:43

Just make sure it's fine for the weekend 16th -20th Sparky!

(...isn't that what you can do with that rooftop weatherstation?)

LOL!
xxx