Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-12-2006, 20:02

Default Re: Changes to the forum.

Robjay, it really is great to see you posting again. I have no comment at all regarding the current situation (I'm very much a peacemaker, and if its 'fight or flight', its flight every time for me :lol . I found this site when looking for holiday apartments in PP, found it invaluable when searching for my own apartment, thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant reviews and found new places to visit all over the island. To me, thats what this site is all about. Long may it reign.!
Sponsored Links
Old 18-12-2006, 01:43
robjay

Sandy thank you for your support and a big thank you to all the members who have shown their support either on here or through my EZ mail.

I "used" this site for my 1st visit to PP on a previous visit to Mallorca it had been a hit or a miss affair where to eat where to see etc etc etc. Armed with reams of posts in hand I visited some of the places mentioned(still haven't eaten at Balaixa:eek ) and tried some that weren't. This site "made" my holiday in PP and I fell in love with the place and most of all the beautiful beautiful mountains.
This forum has brought so much pleasure to so many people..

Show Our forum the support it deserves, start writing fun friendly informative posts. Together we can turn this forum around and get it back to the community it used to be.
Old 18-12-2006, 01:51

Rob - please let sleeping dogs lie now. Its upsetting to a number of people who may feel loyalties to one side or another but generally just want a bit of harmony. Lifes too short - lets put it all behind us. Thanks.
Old 18-12-2006, 01:52
sleepybobby

Rob you have missed your vocation in life.You should have been a polotician:eek Ps good to see the A.S.B.O. has been lifted:rollin
Old 18-12-2006, 01:53
sleepybobby

Soorry for the spelling mistake politician
Old 18-12-2006, 02:23
robjay

belladonna my post is not about "loyalties to one side or another" you miss the point, it is about rebuilding a community, Our community. It's about seeing where we went wrong and and making changes, It's about harmony and the ability for EVERY member to feel free to express their views without the fear of derision. I AM asking for unity and harmony not strife I want our community back!

Take care

Robjay
Old 18-12-2006, 09:28

Rob, I cant seem to get your ez board message site up. will try harder and work it out!
Old 18-12-2006, 18:01
Founder

Belladonna,

to PM RobJay you will need to access your ezinbox & Send him a message as I think he has converted his profile to Yuku. See the post in this forum on Communicating with Other Members p221.ezboard.com/fpollensaforumfrm23.showMessage?topicID=121.topic.
Old 18-12-2006, 18:53
flamencodancer

I support Pollensa completely.
I really don't believe she has a choice when there has been so much nastiness on this site over the past few months.
I have visited Puerto Pollensa many times over the past twenty five years and joined this site to read about any restaurants or places I may have missed, but have become increasingly fed up with what has been going on within this site.
Please lets listen to the likes of Robjay, Jimbo the jambo (though what has happened to your posts today?)and Mallorcaboy and get this site back on track.
Old 18-12-2006, 20:17
bonez1977

I am behind pollensa in the fact that a job has to be done properly, if she thinks (knows) that taking away happy hour and live chat will improve the site then so be it. i'm just sad that there's no doubt some friendships will be lost... i have made a lot of friends here on the site and also found the PP topics helpful and enjoying to read and add reply to.

jan 1st will be a sad day for some of us... others i guess who couldn't/didn't contribute/agree with chat and/or happy hour will not worry so much.... i wish pollensa all the best for the new year... keep up the good work and i hope to stay a regular poster on the site!!

love bonez x
Old 18-12-2006, 22:43
robjay

To help you send the message you want to send me belladonna I have sent you a message I think all you have to do is reply to it.
I'm sorry if any other members are having the same problem as belladonna. I know most of you don't because of all the messages of welcome and support for the forum I've received.

Take care.

Robjay
Old 20-12-2006, 04:55
robjay

Hi belladona,
Thank you for your message. I promise to reply to it as soon as I can.
We all seem to sense a change from the negative vibes towards the good old positive forum we all loved and miss.
It's so nice to see some of the old faces coming out of the woodwork and posting again. Keep it up folks:rollin :rollin
Fun times ahead? I hope so

Take care.

Robjay
Old 20-12-2006, 09:37
smiddy

Default Changes to the forum

Robjay,

Obviously the board tends to be quiet during the winter but i for 1 always have a looky most days. We've been going over in winter for about 15 years now, maybe we can encourage the members who manage over, to post,about their experiences and give the board a bit of life during that period. Things do seem to have got busier over the years.

I remember a couple of years back we went to the Pascalino for a meal, it was quiet, in fact we were the only one's there that night. It was bliss sitting in front of the log fire with our personal cook, waitress, and bartender. We even had our own music with us, and, as usual, nobody rushed you.
Old 20-12-2006, 15:38
Joanne

Default Re: Changes to the forum

Yes would love to hear about people's experiences in PP in the winter, a first to PP in the winter is on my to do list in years to come
Old 20-12-2006, 17:55
Founder

Default Re: Changes to the forum

PP In Winter is a great idea for a NEW thread so do start one. I'm now locking this thread on 'changes' as it has run its course.

Webmaster