Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sparky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2019, 15:09
Under Moderation

Question Wedding June 2020 - Looking for ideas...

Hello,

My boyfriend and I had our very first holiday to Puerto Pollensa around 5 years ago and went back in March and got engaged

We would absolutely love to get married there but not sure where to even start! I have seen a few older threads about weddings but unable to find anything more recently.

We are imagined having a blessing and party on one of the jetty's that goes out into the sea. I sent a message to the Hotel Mirimar who say that they are able to go the blessing and drinks for a couple of hours but have not mentioned anything about the evening food/party so not sure if they do this.

Does anyone have any recommendations where we could host food/drinks/music on the sea front? We'd really like to be close to the water. It would also be for around 40-50 people and fairly relaxed/informal.

Thanks!
Emily
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2019, 21:06

We have seen a wedding party at the Yacht club The party had half the outside terrace and of course you have the pool and a lovely view

They also have a Restaurant inside It might be worth a look We really enjoy eating there
Old 12-04-2019, 06:57

Default LA Fortaleza

You could consider renting La Fortaleza, the piece of real estate on the "Punta de la Avanzada" where the series "The Night Manager" takes place, in part. It is owned by a British citizen and he rents it out for "special events"
Old 12-04-2019, 07:31

Hi
I’ve seen the Hotel I’ll D’or hosting weddings. They have the jetty and do receptions outside and in. A really nice venue, Good luck.
Val
Old 12-04-2019, 09:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Val View Post
Hi
I’ve seen the Hotel I’ll D’or hosting weddings. They have the jetty and do receptions outside and in. A really nice venue, Good luck.
Val
Yeah....that would be the place for me, but as ever, budget will be a big factor as this place will be an expensive option.

(not as expensive as La Forteleza though....which would be eye wateringly so! )

One of the most spectacular and exclusive destinations on the island for a wedding is, of course, the famous privately owned estate of La Fortaleza. Used as a location on the award-winning series ‘The Night Manager’, this 17th-century fort is the most expensive real estate in Mallorca and can be hired for private events. The venue comprises of the fort itself, along with seven villas, a studio and two swimming pools amongst its 15,360sqft of terraces and 11,840sqft of landscaped gardens scattered with palm trees, olive trees and umbrella pines.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:44

You should look at c’an Joseph for reception it’s a beautiful restaurant and a good size too the staff are also very lovely, have fun arranging your big day x
Old 15-04-2019, 11:15
Super Moderator

Ca'n Cuarassa has always been a popular venue especially with the locals.
Bekki likes this.
Old 15-04-2019, 12:14
Administrator

Hi Emily,

We actually got married at the Yacht Club last June and had about 50 guests.

With that number of guests you don't get the whole place but you get a decent section of the outside terrace dedicated to you and your guests.

We we're worried about not having exclusive use but it never gets too busy there anyway and on the night, when people see a wedding party they tend to go and eat elsewhere anyway. There were a couple of tables of other people present on the night we got married but we never noticed them until the end when they came to congratulate us and said that although they we'rent guests they had had the best night of their holiday as they loved seeing how happy we were. It made it really special

The food was superb - our guests couldn't believe they were eating lobster and the per head prices were really good - much better than the UK. We put on a free bar too which was all handled perfectly by the staff.

The staff are friendly, but they did get a bit stressed as when they bought out the food some of or party were off chatting and they didn't know which food to put where. I totally understood this though. Overall they were great and Philippe the manger is a top guy (and the ladies loved his son - imagine a better looking Ronaldo lookalike severing drinks at your wedding).

I could go on about it all day, it was amazing. One of the best days of our lives! If you want any info at all please do ask me and I'll do whatever I can to help - not just on the venue either, the whole process as I know getting married abroad can be a bit daunting. We'd be happy to give you any pointers

All the best

Russ
Old 16-04-2019, 11:36
Under Moderation

Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply to this thread! I have spent the last week looking online at lots of different places.

Russ - It sounds like the venue might be what we are looking for. And I'm so pleased you had an amazing day.

I might have some more questions for you on the whole process as I start to look into it more, as you got married at a similar time with a similar number of people!

Thanks
Emily
Old 16-04-2019, 11:41
Under Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollensaRuss View Post
Hi Emily,

We actually got married at the Yacht Club last June and had about 50 guests.

With that number of guests you don't get the whole place but you get a decent section of the outside terrace dedicated to you and your guests.

We we're worried about not having exclusive use but it never gets too busy there anyway and on the night, when people see a wedding party they tend to go and eat elsewhere anyway. There were a couple of tables of other people present on the night we got married but we never noticed them until the end when they came to congratulate us and said that although they we'rent guests they had had the best night of their holiday as they loved seeing how happy we were. It made it really special

The food was superb - our guests couldn't believe they were eating lobster and the per head prices were really good - much better than the UK. We put on a free bar too which was all handled perfectly by the staff.

The staff are friendly, but they did get a bit stressed as when they bought out the food some of or party were off chatting and they didn't know which food to put where. I totally understood this though. Overall they were great and Philippe the manger is a top guy (and the ladies loved his son - imagine a better looking Ronaldo lookalike severing drinks at your wedding).

I could go on about it all day, it was amazing. One of the best days of our lives! If you want any info at all please do ask me and I'll do whatever I can to help - not just on the venue either, the whole process as I know getting married abroad can be a bit daunting. We'd be happy to give you any pointers

All the best

Russ
Hi Russ,

Sorry do you have email contact details for the Yacht Club? I am having difficulties with contacting them on their website.

Thanks
Emily
Old 16-04-2019, 23:49

Hotel Llenaire ?
Old 18-04-2019, 16:35
Administrator

Hi Emily,

Message received - leave it with me and I will find something for you, we just landed for a couple of days so I'll nip in to ask them.👍

We had our actual ceremony in the church in the square which was beautiful too. By all means ask us any questions. We have loads of photos too if you need to see any.
Old 20-04-2019, 11:36
Administrator

Hi Emily,

I popped in yesterday to get the details for you.

Phillipe wasn't there but the bar lady gave me the following:

club@rcnpp.net

Tel: 971 86 56 22

I'm here for a few more days so if they aren't any good I can pop in again - it's no trouble at all.

We used a wedding planner for our wedding who was really good and took a lot of the stress out of it. Irene Caldwell. It did add to the cost but also made things easier for us so if you did need a planner I'd recommend her - she was very nice.