Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Works on The Front...2nd Phase (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/13264-works-front-2nd-phase.html)

debz1 08-02-2017 10:40

Works on The Front...2nd Phase
 
Has there been any news about the second phase of the work commencing? It's now nearly half way through February which seems very late to start what they planned, and completed by the beginning of April?

mike_dublin 08-02-2017 11:09

Latest article I can find it mentioned is this, though it doesn't mention anything about when works are to begin -
https://www.cronicabalear.es/2017/02...-de-prevision/

Quote:

(Google Translate)
...
The 2016 budget includes the execution of the second phase of the promenade of the Port of Pollenša with a line of 2.1 million euros.

Nonetheless, since the assumption they have indicated that this phase has not been executed, "putting the excuse that if they did not approve the credit rating they could not execute the project". ...

Sparky 08-02-2017 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_dublin (Post 116809)
Latest article I can find it mentioned is this, though it doesn't mention anything about when works are to begin -
https://www.cronicabalear.es/2017/02...-de-prevision/

Here is the full translation for those that don't have a translator ;) :=

Quote:

Tots per Pollenša has denounced that the government team of the City Council has not executed the investments planned for the 2016 budget year due to lack of foresight and planning of urban development projects.

In this sense, they have detailed in a statement that in total the Consistory of Pollenša has stopped performing works worth 3,430,000 euros.



"While in other towns that live on tourism, municipalities are implementing financially sustainable investments in Pollenša is not done by a total and absolute lack of foresight, in short, by incompetence and desidia the government team, Junts Avanša and Of Uniˇ Mollera Pollencina (UMP), "said the spokesman for Tots per Pollenša, Tomeu Cifre.

The 2016 budget includes the execution of the second phase of the promenade of the Port of Pollenša with a line of 2.1 million euros.

Nonetheless, since the assumption they have indicated that this phase has not been executed, "putting the excuse that if they did not approve the credit rating they could not execute the project".

"We are again faced with a total lack of foresight, the tourist season will begin and everything will be as before," they have lamented.

I find the comments from spokesman for Tots per Pollenša, Tomeu Cifre to be incredible as it was his party that refused to vote for the project to go ahead, therefore causing the delay :confused:.

mike_dublin 08-02-2017 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 116812)
...
I find the comments from spokesman for Tots per Pollenša, Tomeu Cifre to be incredible as it was his party that refused to vote for the project to go ahead, therefore causing the delay :confused:.

These local politics shenanigans haven't exactly been helpful for this whole project ... :mad:

scotslizzy 08-02-2017 14:56

So what exactly will be done and where ?
 
I thought is was all finished (obviously not paying enough attention ) .

Scotslizzy

debz1 08-02-2017 21:26

It really has turned into a farce and as you say sparky the remarks by Tomeu Cifre are unbelievable.

I hope at the very least some running repairs are done on the sea wall as a temporary measure before the start of the season. When we were out a couple of weeks ago we noticed many of the concrete seats are crumbling away, and worse still the metal reinforcements are protruding on a lot of them. Apart from not being able to sit on them and looking dreadful, this is potentially a real danger hazard :eek:

lollipop 08-02-2017 21:36

Whatever is happening politically the weather has not been conducive to doing the work.

Sparky 08-02-2017 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollipop (Post 116824)
Whatever is happening politically the weather has not been conducive to doing the work.

Totally agree with you, this has been the worst winter we have experienced since we moved here in 2008.

tangofan 09-02-2017 00:02

I guess that means the bus stops won't be moved from Roger de Flor this year then

Sparky 09-02-2017 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangofan (Post 116827)
I guess that means the bus stops won't be moved from Roger de Flor this year then

That is a separate issue, please start a new thread if you wish to discuss it.

sws97sdg 09-02-2017 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 116826)
Totally agree with you, this has been the worst winter we have experienced since we moved here in 2008.

Geez, will that really be 10 years next year Sparky, where did those years go :eek::eek:

Agree about the weather, imagine if they had started, they would be weeks behind already! And also about the seats, they need to get them sorted soon as, but if they start nothing else that would be best now so as to be ready for the start of the season, or even earlier this year!

Nick 09-02-2017 10:32

Using a bit of bad weather as a possible reason for not starting? Really? If so it doesn't wash with me. It's hardly Siberia. Most road working is done with machinery as would knocking a barely 2' wall down and rebuilding with some new seats.

Sparky 09-02-2017 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 116832)
Using a bit of bad weather as a possible reason for not starting? Really? If so it doesn't wash with me. It's hardly Siberia. Most road working is done with machinery as would knocking a barely 2' wall down and rebuilding with some new seats.

Nick while i respect your right to an opinion, nobody has blamed the weather completely we have merely said that it hasn't helped. That said you have not been here so couldn't possibly know just how bad the weather has been, and i doubt you would work outside in torrential rain and bitterly cold winds that you could barely stand up in while being sand blasted.

I have removed your comment re the "Spanish mentality" as this is bordering on racism.

sws97sdg 09-02-2017 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 116832)
Using a bit of bad weather as a possible reason for not starting? Really? If so it doesn't wash with me. It's hardly Siberia. Most road working is done with machinery as would knocking a barely 2' wall down and rebuilding with some new seats.

As far as I remember, and they do keep changing it, they are not removing the sea wall just repairing it and installing new street furniture instead of the seats.
The main work this year, again as I understand was to raise the road from Tolos to the roundabout with a cobbled surface, not the sort of work you would want to do with the weather they have had, which is why I said it would have been delayed anyway and best not to start it now.

hoopy 09-02-2017 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 116833)
Nick while i respect your right to an opinion, nobody has blamed the weather completely we have merely said that it hasn't helped. That said you have not been here so couldn't possibly know just how bad the weather has been, and i doubt you would work outside in torrential rain and bitterly cold winds that you could barely stand up in while being sand blasted.

I have removed your comment re the "Spanish mentality" as this is bordering on racism.

Well done Sparky. I was fed up reading his derogatory comments about Spaniards


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:55.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
(c) Copyright Holiday Webs Ltd 2011