Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree18Likes
  • 1 Post By Belladonna
  • 1 Post By ragdollabbi
  • 2 Post By kate1
  • 1 Post By Belladonna
  • 7 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By Jimbo the Jambo
  • 2 Post By eleanor
  • 2 Post By Belladonna
  • 1 Post By eleanor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-09-2013, 11:35

Default Fish Spa & Wellness

Have waited for a good Fish Spa to open up as wouldn't touch the one in the souvenir / clothes shop with a barge pole! So I was thrilled to see the Fish Spa & Wellness open along Pine Walk, where the estate agents shop used to be. Very clean, the fish are healthy, UV working well in the tanks, water changed regularly through filter. There are sinks, soap, towels and foot covers to clean your feet before you have the treatment.

As we were the only two who go in (followed about 15 mins by a few locals who had been humming and haaing about it until they saw us go in), we actually had each foot in a separate tank which allowed more fish to nibble away at any dead skin. I know some people wont like this treatment, but I love it - as long as the environment is clean and healthy all round. We were settled in by Helena and given a glass of cava each. One of the locals suggested putting the cava into the water to make the fish happier! We had the 20 mins treatment, and loved every second of it. Even hubby had a treatment and enoyed it - sort of!! Feet definitely felt smoother and revitalised afterwards too.
I do hope it keeps up its high standards as I will definitely be returning if it does!

Open from April to October
20 mins €15
30 mins €20
eleanor likes this.
Old 24-09-2013, 18:39

Liked the look of this one when we were out in July but didn't venture in May treat myself next month tho.....after all it will be my birthday
Belladonna likes this.
Old 24-09-2013, 18:49

Another little treat for you then!
Old 25-09-2013, 10:30

Bella is right, this salon does appear to be really clean and very well maintained - and as far as hygiene is concerned, I'm sure it's not any worse than using a public swimming pool when you think of all that can go on in those! The water in the tanks certainly looked completely clear and there were no visible signs that anyone had dipped their toes in before us! We tried it in April and found it to be an oddly enjoyable experience - my husband, like Bella's, also loved it, so there must be something 'manly' about having your feet eaten by fish as he would never dream of having a beauty treatment at home! Our feet were definitely much smoother afterwards, more so than after a normal pedicure. It tickles a bit at first (which gave my daughters a fit of the giggles) but it isn't in the least painful and after a while you sort of forget what's going on (the free glass of cava helps!) I'll definitely use it again.
Belladonna and Nick like this.

Last edited by kate1; 25-09-2013 at 10:34.
Old 25-09-2013, 11:47

Just wish we were there long enough to make use of their bonus card - pay for 4 and get 5th treatment free !
eleanor likes this.

Last edited by Belladonna; 25-09-2013 at 11:57. Reason: Changed bonus card offer!
Old 29-09-2013, 09:28

Just a thought, but if trade drops off they can always sell the fish deep fried in a light batter with some garlic mayonnaise ( I can almost taste it )
Old 29-09-2013, 09:34
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
Just a thought, but if trade drops off they can always sell the fish deep fried in a light batter with some garlic mayonnaise ( I can almost taste it )
No thanks....not after they have been eating peoples bunions, corns, verrucae and god knows what else .
pollensa, debz1, LK1960 and 4 others like this.
Old 02-10-2013, 21:15

Love your answer Sparky, My thoughts exactly.

Just back from Kefalonia last night, brilliant two weeks. Enjoyed our two hollidays in PP last year but it is far more expensive than any of the Greek Islands, but for those who love it, keep supporting!

cheers,

Jimbo
Sparky likes this.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:22

Actually Sparky's post made me laugh but also made me wonder. If these fish are eating all the horrid bits on people's feet including any infections that people might have then can bacteria be passed person to person? Plus these fish are using the foot pool as their loo too! Think I might just pass on this one! No wonder they give you the cava - take your mind off it!
debz1 and Sparky like this.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor View Post
Actually Sparky's post made me laugh but also made me wonder. If these fish are eating all the horrid bits on people's feet including any infections that people might have then can bacteria be passed person to person? Plus these fish are using the foot pool as their loo too! Think I might just pass on this one! No wonder they give you the cava - take your mind off it!
Agreed. A weekly go with a pumice stone still gets my vote.
Poor fish - You can't imagine the horrific "plates" get plopped into their tank.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:45
Founder

I think the Jury's Out on this one. A couple of weeks ago, I tried the much publicised Footner Exfoliating Socks. You need to do this at home - a week or so before you go & I shouldn't think it's as relaxing as soaking your feet in a fish tank but it's my preferred alternative. And it certainly works!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:46

Lol! That's ok. Im happy for people to carry on swimming in the sea and swimming pools and Kate and I will stick to the cleaned and filtered tanks! And the cava too!
eleanor and ragdollabbi like this.
Old 03-10-2013, 14:52

Good point Bella! I suppose if you start thinking too hard about things then you could drive yourself mad! I hate public swimming pools for the same reason and as for the sea .. emm? I knew someone years ago who wouldn't allow her aupair to use her showers and bought her a subscription to LA Fitness so she could use their facilities! How weird is that!
Belladonna likes this.