Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Found Another Jewel In the glittering crown (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/10605-found-another-jewel-glittering-crown.html)

fil6699 02-09-2013 09:52

Found Another Jewel In the glittering crown

Hard to imagine after over 25 years yesterday we stumbled across (Well Cycled to be exact) an amazing place we never new existed
Up in the hills between the Port and the old town stands a hotel called hotel LLenaire. The hotel is pure class and the terrace gives you a view of the entire bay of PP. They serve snacks and drinks and Coffee and cake is 4 euro ( great cake actually tasted like cake lol)
They also have a Restaurant and a bar if you get the chance I strongly recommend you take a look we were blown away beautiful absolutely beautiful. :)

debz1 02-09-2013 10:07

My sister and brother in law stayed at hotel Llenaire a couple of years back and we went to pick them up one evening on our way to Pollensa for a meal. We had a look round the beautiful hotel and then had a drink on the terrace. As you say fil absolutely beautiful and stunning views of the bay.

Does anyone know the history of the place ...how old it is and who lived there?
It must have belonged to a very wealthy land owner as it has an annexe which looks as if it was living quarters for staff and the hotel has its own little chapel.

We coming out to PP today with some friends and will want to take them to some new places. Thank you for reminding me about this lovely place.

Jonsey 02-09-2013 11:12

Debz, I've done a little bit snooping around!
"Located in Pollença and perched on a knoll, Llenaire has stunning views out to the bay, from Cap Pinar and Alcudia, to the headland of Formentor, and towards the interior, the last spurs of the mountain range of Tramuntana. It has a fascinating history. The property was ceded to the Order of the Templars by King Jaime I. The houses and land were acquired at the end of the XIX century by the Colom and Montaner families. They built another house alongside the original hunters’ house, a larger two-storey house forming between them an elegant internal patio. In its most recent restoration most of living space remains oriented to the sea, to the portico inner patio or to the gardens that surround the house".

fil6699 02-09-2013 11:17

We got the Brochure
The Property was Ceded to the Order of the Templars by King Jaime I and It was acquired by the family at the end of the 19th Century who built the mansion. And recently converted it to a hotel and still run it they have a web site which gives details and pictures

lollipop 02-09-2013 11:35

I agree, a lovely place to visit and enjoy the spectacular views and with coffee and cake at a normal price!!

lovemallorca 02-09-2013 12:29

I pass it so often, and had in my mind that it just wasn't the type of place that would welcome the "coffee and cake" type of customer. Funny how wrong your perceptions can be!

It will make a nice walk if you are staying in the Port. Along the beach to Llenaire, and back through the residential houses. The lane that it is located on is lovely too.

Will make a visit v.soon...

jamierun26 02-09-2013 14:15

David Cameron and his family stayed here last year.

clinkham 02-09-2013 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamierun26 (Post 88096)
David Cameron and his family stayed here last year.

Is that a recommendation? ;)

Belladonna 02-09-2013 14:51

Well done fil! I'm always impressed when someone has cycled anywhere! Have driven up to the hotel a few times but always out of season. Going past the little farm can be quite noisy when the dog chases the car! I'm not sure when the hotel actually closes for the season as it doesn't state it on its website. Would love to see it other than peering in through the windows, and actually have a drink on the terrace! Anyone know? :confused:

lovemallorca 02-09-2013 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by clinkham (Post 88097)
Is that a recommendation? ;)

I'm pretty sure that the PM ate there, but stayed at a nearby villa.

Belladonna 02-09-2013 15:03

I think you are right. Just checked out tripadvisor to see if there were any dates posted ,(have a look ~ some interesting comments) and it did seem that one post suggested that they ate there but not stayed.

Sparky 02-09-2013 15:09

Yes it's definitely open to non residents, friends of mine dined there a couple of weeks ago.

lovemallorca 02-09-2013 18:15

A trip to the hotel also involves driving down this fabulously narrow stretch of lane...

http://goo.gl/maps/2ZZgH

Locals have been trained to approach it at enormous speed, in the middle of the road, whilst chatting on the phone and smoking a fag.

I have learnt to approach it with fear and dread...(whilst breathing-in and hoping that my wing mirror survives the day)

ragdollabbi 02-09-2013 18:20

Somewhere else to visit....for a coffee at least....in October:)

KWUK2 02-09-2013 18:34

We discovered this hotel on our visit last year. The person at reception (I understood it to be the owner) was very welcoming and delighted to show us personally round the hotel. A very pleasant discovery. From a picture on one of the desks it looks like Laura Trott (Olympic Gold Medal GB Cyclist) has been there.