Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 09:52

Default Found Another Jewel In the glittering crown

Hard to imagine after over 25 years yesterday we stumbled across (Well Cycled to be exact) an amazing place we never new existed
Up in the hills between the Port and the old town stands a hotel called hotel LLenaire. The hotel is pure class and the terrace gives you a view of the entire bay of PP. They serve snacks and drinks and Coffee and cake is 4 euro ( great cake actually tasted like cake lol)
They also have a Restaurant and a bar if you get the chance I strongly recommend you take a look we were blown away beautiful absolutely beautiful.
debz1, Mark, Belladonna and 5 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2013, 10:07

My sister and brother in law stayed at hotel Llenaire a couple of years back and we went to pick them up one evening on our way to Pollensa for a meal. We had a look round the beautiful hotel and then had a drink on the terrace. As you say fil absolutely beautiful and stunning views of the bay.

Does anyone know the history of the place ...how old it is and who lived there?
It must have belonged to a very wealthy land owner as it has an annexe which looks as if it was living quarters for staff and the hotel has its own little chapel.

We coming out to PP today with some friends and will want to take them to some new places. Thank you for reminding me about this lovely place.
its cd, Sparky, animagic21 and 1 others like this.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:12

Debz, I've done a little bit snooping around!
"Located in Pollença and perched on a knoll, Llenaire has stunning views out to the bay, from Cap Pinar and Alcudia, to the headland of Formentor, and towards the interior, the last spurs of the mountain range of Tramuntana. It has a fascinating history. The property was ceded to the Order of the Templars by King Jaime I. The houses and land were acquired at the end of the XIX century by the Colom and Montaner families. They built another house alongside the original hunters’ house, a larger two-storey house forming between them an elegant internal patio. In its most recent restoration most of living space remains oriented to the sea, to the portico inner patio or to the gardens that surround the house".
debz1, Belladonna and Sparky like this.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:17

We got the Brochure
The Property was Ceded to the Order of the Templars by King Jaime I and It was acquired by the family at the end of the 19th Century who built the mansion. And recently converted it to a hotel and still run it they have a web site which gives details and pictures
debz1, Belladonna, Sparky and 2 others like this.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:35

I agree, a lovely place to visit and enjoy the spectacular views and with coffee and cake at a normal price!!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:29

I pass it so often, and had in my mind that it just wasn't the type of place that would welcome the "coffee and cake" type of customer. Funny how wrong your perceptions can be!

It will make a nice walk if you are staying in the Port. Along the beach to Llenaire, and back through the residential houses. The lane that it is located on is lovely too.

Will make a visit v.soon...
Old 02-09-2013, 14:15

David Cameron and his family stayed here last year.
Old 02-09-2013, 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamierun26 View Post
David Cameron and his family stayed here last year.
Is that a recommendation?
Nick likes this.
Old 02-09-2013, 14:51

Well done fil! I'm always impressed when someone has cycled anywhere! Have driven up to the hotel a few times but always out of season. Going past the little farm can be quite noisy when the dog chases the car! I'm not sure when the hotel actually closes for the season as it doesn't state it on its website. Would love to see it other than peering in through the windows, and actually have a drink on the terrace! Anyone know?
Old 02-09-2013, 14:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinkham View Post
Is that a recommendation?
I'm pretty sure that the PM ate there, but stayed at a nearby villa.
Old 02-09-2013, 15:03

I think you are right. Just checked out tripadvisor to see if there were any dates posted ,(have a look ~ some interesting comments) and it did seem that one post suggested that they ate there but not stayed.
Old 02-09-2013, 15:09
Super Moderator

Yes it's definitely open to non residents, friends of mine dined there a couple of weeks ago.
Old 02-09-2013, 18:15

A trip to the hotel also involves driving down this fabulously narrow stretch of lane...

http://goo.gl/maps/2ZZgH

Locals have been trained to approach it at enormous speed, in the middle of the road, whilst chatting on the phone and smoking a fag.

I have learnt to approach it with fear and dread...(whilst breathing-in and hoping that my wing mirror survives the day)
Old 02-09-2013, 18:20

Somewhere else to visit....for a coffee at least....in October
Old 02-09-2013, 18:34

We discovered this hotel on our visit last year. The person at reception (I understood it to be the owner) was very welcoming and delighted to show us personally round the hotel. A very pleasant discovery. From a picture on one of the desks it looks like Laura Trott (Olympic Gold Medal GB Cyclist) has been there.