Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Members Area

Members Area This forum is both for new members to say hello and introduce theirselves and for ALL members to post when they are coming out to PP, arrange forum meet-ups etc. But please don't post anything here that would be better suited to the more specific forums.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 21:33

Hola Clinkham - Singala here we come - 1 month 6 days - nearer than I thought !! Look forward to seeing you there !!!

I agree Belladonna - a toast to all sensible and not so sensible PP fans- actually my family consider me to be far from sensible and I have been described as 'random' at times - but I defend that as being a woman and having to multitask Cheers/saludos Tibbles
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2011, 09:02

Talking 2nd visit

Back in sunny pp on 17th for one week 2nd visit we were there in July. Hope the weather stays fine! Looking forward to good food and lovely climate. Cant wait already seems like we have been back ages and its only 2 weeks!
Old 05-08-2011, 13:12

Smile

Could one of the get togethers be maybe in the early evening rather than always at 1115hrs which is impossible for me - and for many others I suspect.
How about a get together every 2 weeks - on a Thursday if that is the popular choice - the first and third Thursdays in the month in am and the second and fourth at say 1815hrs???? Just an idea..... so that different faces can make it.
Old 05-08-2011, 13:18

I think the idea of having a weekly one is best because everyone now knows the time and place and can turn up if they wish, if people also want to suggest meeting up at other times that is fine and can be arranged ad hoc. IMHO

On island time!!
Old 10-08-2011, 17:30
Under Moderation

Question Re: September !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
If anyone is coming out in September do post here.
Hi all,

I will be staying in Pollensa in September. I am staying at the Pollensa Park
from the 14 September for one week. Maybe we could meet up when I am in
Pollensa ?

Yours, George:
Old 12-08-2011, 00:03

We will be out in September for our wedding, cant wait. 3 Weeks from the 17th! Booked into a villa in PP for the first week (near to the in-laws villa), then the illa D'or for the wedding night, then off to Sa Coma for a few nights after. Currently looking for some nice quiet places to spend the rest of the honeymoon period (10 nights) perhaps in a couple of different places on the island, any suggestions welcome.

Kev
Old 12-08-2011, 08:38

You must be getting so excited now - I am for you - just reading about it!

Lots of lovely places to visit and you will get lots of suggestions I'm sure.

A couple of our favourite places in the "mansions and grounds" department are

La Granja
La Granja de Esporlas

And Els Calderers
http://www.mallorcaweb.com/reports/m...-in-sant-joan/

Just to start your list off!
Old 12-08-2011, 19:09

Default who is out in September?

I'll be in PP from 18th to 23rd. I'll be holidaying on my own this year for the first time so I am a bit nervous about it but I have been to PP on many occasions before so I do know my way around the area and I'm quite happy to go into restaurants etc on my own. Having said that I suppose everyone gets fed up of their own company at some point and I will be at the Marina cafe on the Thursday morning hoping for a chat with other forum members. I have attended a previous get together at Pascalino's and it was really nice to put some faces to names so I'm looking forward to meeting more of our lovely forum members.

Roll on September
Old 12-08-2011, 19:20
Super Moderator

Hi Easylife, i will try to make it to Marina Cafe on the 22nd and i am in El Posito most evenings for a couple of vinos at around 9.45pm.
Old 12-08-2011, 19:41

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by easylife1 View Post
I'll be in PP from 18th to 23rd. I'll be holidaying on my own this year for the first time so I am a bit nervous about it but I have been to PP on many occasions before so I do know my way around the area and I'm quite happy to go into restaurants etc on my own. Having said that I suppose everyone gets fed up of their own company at some point and I will be at the Marina cafe on the Thursday morning hoping for a chat with other forum members. I have attended a previous get together at Pascalino's and it was really nice to put some faces to names so I'm looking forward to meeting more of our lovely forum members.

Roll on September
Hi Easylife - We hope to put some faces to names when we are out in september - unfortunately we are leaving on the 16th , but I hope you have a great time and get to meet some lovely people. We have always been out with large family group and this is our first holiday - just the two of us for many years - looking forward to our own time but will enjoy meeting some forum members. Happy holiday in PP - Tibbles
Old 12-08-2011, 19:50

we will try and make it on the 22nd.any distinguishing marks, like a glass of wine???? I will ask my son to direct us to el posito one evening. still trying to find somewhere that has jazz on in the evening for our friends.
Old 27-08-2011, 14:18

Yes, last week in September, any meet ups that week??
Old 30-08-2011, 16:58
Under Moderation

I will be there on the 10th at the Singala. I have been reading this forum for a couple of months now picking up tips. I have not visited PP since I was there as a child in the early 70s when I met Brian Clough.
Old 30-08-2011, 17:10

Default Live jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee67 View Post
we will try and make it on the 22nd.any distinguishing marks, like a glass of wine???? I will ask my son to direct us to el posito one evening. still trying to find somewhere that has jazz on in the evening for our friends.
Although The Hustlers do not play jazz per se, on Sunday evenings when they play at Hostal Paris they often invite other musicians to join them and the set tends to be more jazz orientated. If you are lucky, you may even be treated to the famus jazz singer, Carol Kidd MBE joining them for a couple of songs as well.

The early evening gig at La Laguna on Wednesdays (weather permitting) by the Fat Cats Jazz Band (4pm till 7pm) is excellent too. It's a great place to have dinner too - and maybe the odd glass of wine
Closed Thread