Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Members Area

Members Area This forum is both for new members to say hello and introduce theirselves and for ALL members to post when they are coming out to PP, arrange forum meet-ups etc. But please don't post anything here that would be better suited to the more specific forums.

Like Tree68Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2020, 12:04
Super Moderator

Default Who is out in October?.

I know it's unlikely but is anyone coming out in October?.
Old 01-09-2020, 16:34

If we make it in September we will be there ...
Counting down the days....
Only positive thing is we are booked with Ryan Air....
after numerous cancellations with J2 and EJ...
RA don't want to give us money back so will fly even if war breaks out!!!

Lets hope it all works out....
Sparky, Millipet, copper and 1 others like this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 01-09-2020, 16:35

All my family (9 of us) have flights booked with easyJet and if they’re flying, we’re coming.

We’re lucky enough to be here right now and it’s lovely. Yes, it’s quiet and places closed but it’s still the same scenery, weather and wonderful locals.

Keep calm and carry on!
LK1960, Sparky, sunnyboy and 2 others like this.
Old 04-09-2020, 13:41

6 of us originally booked. Looking like only 2 able to travel the way things stand just now. Fingers crossed the quarantine gets lifted and 2 more can continue as planned.
PP76 likes this.
Old 04-09-2020, 17:03

If you do get chance to come over I’m sure you won’t regret it. We are also here at the moment and yes it is very quiet but still sooo lovely. There are enough people around that there is still a bit of a
Buzz around the place and we have been looked after so well in the restaurants and bars we have visited. We feel safe and comfortable here and glad we didn’t cancel.
PP76, LK1960, anne10aber and 1 others like this.
Old 04-09-2020, 23:07

We should have been in PP in June and September, and have now postponed until October...can’t see it happening unfortunately We’ve stuck to the the rules since locking down mid March ..we could see where it was going in the Uk
Apart from walks and the odd supermarket shop when we’ve forgotten something in our online order we’ve hardly gone ‘out’ since.

I’m sure if I could get there I would feel safe( don’t fancy airport/plane) and I miss PP and my apartment so much, just don’t think in these crazy times it’s safe to travel.
Rosie34, ragdollabbi and Tangoman like this.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:07

Same here Debz - apart from a walk and click/ collect supermarket shop (and occasional M&S Food/Aldi shops) -and one seaside fish and chip outing - we've been nowhere since February- all theatre visits cancelled, flights cancelled - depressing. We should have been in PP in October Fingers crossed for next year.
debz1 and ragdollabbi like this.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
We should have been in PP in June and September, and have now postponed until October...can’t see it happening unfortunately We’ve stuck to the the rules since locking down mid March ..we could see where it was going in the Uk
Apart from walks and the odd supermarket shop when we’ve forgotten something in our online order we’ve hardly gone ‘out’ since.

I’m sure if I could get there I would feel safe( don’t fancy airport/plane) and I miss PP and my apartment so much, just don’t think in these crazy times it’s safe to travel.
We have been exactly the same and only ventured into Aldi for the first time the other day😱 Have been using Click and Collect for all our grocery orders but still haven't ventured into supermarket.....and don't intend to at the minute. We too, would normally have been out April/May and Sep/October, but won't be this year unfortunately. To make matters worse we didn't make our January visit this year, and don't see that happening next year either.
debz1 and Rosie34 like this.
Old 05-09-2020, 16:47

It’s hard to know what to do in these times. Like Debz, our U.K. activity has been very timid indeed, but it hasn’t stopped us visiting our apartment here for two weeks in July and one week now in September.....we fly home tomorrow. We plan another two weeks in October.

I feel relatively safe here. The rules are sensible and, with the usual exceptions as we have in the U.K., local people and visitors are behaving sensibly. There are currently 14 active COVID cases in the total Pollensa area, which compares well to the area in which I live (Lancaster) and airports (Manchester and Liverpool in our case) have been well organised and not overly busy.

We have travel insurance that allows us to travel against Foreign Office advice, only excluding Covid. Until the end of the year the reciprocal E111 covers emergencies here, so I’m relaxed about things.

I really am pleased to have been here, and on this trip with son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren. I know some may feel we are irresponsible, but I wouldn’t have missed it for the world. I hope this might offer some reassurance to some of you. I tell you this.....the local businesses are very, very welcoming right now and so deserve support.
charlotte, PP76, LK1960 and 10 others like this.
Old 06-09-2020, 13:07

Coming out this week and like everyone else have our concerns. Will distance everywhere (as much as possible) and hope to eat out every night (restaurant availability willing) - just hope the monies we spend help even a little. Truly horrendous what is happening to the businesses over the whole of Mallorca.
charlotte and PP76 like this.
Old 06-09-2020, 13:54

Interested to know, Disorderly, if you would mind sharing information on your insurance, as I thought that FCO advice not to travel, negated ALL travel insurance?
Old 06-09-2020, 17:15

We purchased a high risk insurance policy which covered everything even medical costs relating to Covid. Was about £65 for a couple for 7 nights.
Bootledodger and Tangoman like this.
Old 06-09-2020, 17:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte View Post
We purchased a high risk insurance policy which covered everything even medical costs relating to Covid. Was about £65 for a couple for 7 nights.
Charlotte: can you tell us which company please?
Old 06-09-2020, 18:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangoman View Post
Interested to know, Disorderly, if you would mind sharing information on your insurance, as I thought that FCO advice not to travel, negated ALL travel insurance?
I used Staysure.....found it online. For my wife and I (64 and 67) with a couple of minor health issues declared, the cost for an annual policy was £137, which includes an additional premium to delete the Foreign Office advice exclusion. I retired two years ago when I sold my insurance broking business, Travel insurance was a product we offered, so I’m happy to confirm that the policy wording is sound.

I hope that helps.
Old 06-09-2020, 18:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
I used Staysure.....found it online. For my wife and I (64 and 67) with a couple of minor health issues declared, the cost for an annual policy was £137, which includes an additional premium to delete the Foreign Office advice exclusion. I retired two years ago when I sold my insurance broking business, Travel insurance was a product we offered, so I’m happy to confirm that the policy wording is sound.

I hope that helps.
I spoke to them yesterday - they will offer insurance for Spain even if you booked after FCO introduced their present status....but not for Corvid related issues eg. repatriation.
Tangoman likes this.
Closed Thread