Puerto Pollensa Travel Guide
Before You Go
Package Holidays
Latest Special Offers!
All-Inclusive Hotels
Hotels & Aparthotels
Private Villas/Apts to Rent
Villa Companies
Local Rental Agents
Car Hire
Airport Transfers & Taxis
Travel Insurance
Late Deals!
Holiday Shopping
Background Info
Events & Fiestas
Climate & Weather
Art & Culture
Flora & Fauna
Discussion Forum
Once You're There
Airport Directions
Tourist Information
Eating Out
Buses & Trains
Music & Entertainment
Excursions & Days Out
Shopping & Markets
Walking, Cycling
Boat Charters
Market Place
Boats & Yachts
Property For Sale
Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Medical

Medical Any advice or questions welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-08-2011, 17:34
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North Cheshire, UK
Posts: 325
Default Medical matters - do I have this right

The pair of us have got to that time in our lives when medical matters loom much larger than they once did so I've trawled the board for information "just in case". I'd welcome confirmation that these contacts remain the "best bet":

Ambulance emergencies - I assume this is the usual European number of 112.

Lesser "emergencies" (like a fall, bad cut, etc) - 24 hour "PACS" in Pollensa (near the children's playground)

Doctors - (1) Medical centre on C/Vicenc Buades or (2) Dr Gallego - 24 hour phone - C/La Gola. Is one better than the other?

Dentist - Bloke called Ramas opposite the swimming pool in the Port.


Cómo está su vida

Last edited by Harters; 23-08-2011 at 17:38.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 23-08-2011, 18:03
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Puerto Pollensa
Posts: 2,180

The Dr on C/La Gola is a private Dr and you would need to pay and then claim from your health insurance. You can be seen at the PAC or the Medical Centre in the Port with your EHIC.,Ramas the Dentist I can recommend.

Last edited by lollipop; 23-08-2011 at 18:03. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 07:22
Deanscroft's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Puerto Pollenca
Posts: 500

Also the 112 emergency number gets you the `National Health Service´ambulance. Fine if you are registered with the Health Service here or are using a EHIC. If you have private insurance they should provide you with a different number to ring one of the private ambulance companies.
Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 10:22
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North Cheshire, UK
Posts: 325

Thank you both. Appreciated.

Have to say that if I'm having a heart attack I'm going to be ringing 112 and not waiting for a private ambulance to decide if it's botheirng to turn out or not.
Cómo está su vida
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Medical Prescriptions Paul from Hove Medical 0 12-11-2005 22:18
Child benefits DHSS and Child Medical Care nickandsue Children 0 11-04-2004 23:26

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
(c) Copyright Holiday Webs Ltd 2011