Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Medical

Medical Any advice or questions welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-05-2003, 17:31

Default Doctors and Dentists

Does anyone know how you go about regestering with a doctor and a dentist when you live in Mallorca. We will be moving there full time in the not too distant future, and we will need them at some point I am sure.:rolleyes
Sponsored Links
Old 19-05-2003, 05:39

Default doctors

If you are employed or self-employed here and use the national health service you are assigned a doctor when you register for social security, usually the Spanish national health doctor nearest to where you live.
If you have private health care, then take your pick, no need to register. Here, people carry their records about with them, they are not automatically transferred from doctor to doctor.
Bring medical records with you if possible
From personal experience I can say medical care here is superb
Old 19-05-2003, 13:06

Default Doctors and Dentists

Thanks Ann, is the same true for dentists?
Old 21-05-2003, 05:07

Default dentists

My Mum had cause to visit the dentist whilst in PP about 5 years ago after a nasty argument with an olive stone. She visited a fantastic dentist above the bakers on the road out to Pollensa ....... he gave her a temporary filling which her own dentist back home refused to replace quoting that "it is far better than anything I could replace it with " ...... the filling is still going strong ..... added bonus was that it only cost her about £20 ...... not even worth claiming on the insurance.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:28

Default Doctors

My (very) elderly parents are going out to PP this weekend. Does anyone have the tel no of a good English speaking doctor in case of emergencies?

Thanks

Graham
Old 01-09-2006, 14:05

Default Re Doctors

Hi Graham,
Dr Boladeras at Consultori Medic is a lovely man who speaks perfect English. He shares his private surgery, but I think all the other doctors speak English too.
The surgery number is 971864486.
Make sure they bring their E111 with them, or any Private Medical Insurance details
Old 01-09-2006, 15:37

Default Re: Re Doctors

Just out of interest Mallorcaboy, where is his surgery? Not that I have intentions of visiting him when I'm in PP, but its nice to know where to head if I need to!
Old 02-09-2006, 01:59

Default Re Doctors

Hi Sandy,
there is one of those strange Dacota/Tex places opposite Bonys. If you stand outside that with your back to it, turn left and it's just on your left.(Does that make sense?)
Old 02-09-2006, 14:22

Default Doctors

Thanks for the info Mallorcaboy.
Old 02-09-2006, 23:41

Default Re: Re Doctors

Thanks Mallorcaboy. I know exactly where you mean, and its only 5 minutes walk from the apartment.
Old 15-10-2006, 03:51
jessiebean

Default DOCTORS

Just scanning through the forum and I noticed the comments about medical facilities in PP. I would just like to say that I have just returned from the Port and whilst there I was bitten by a mosquito (first time ever!!). My foot double in size and the bite when sceptic. Walked into the Doctors opposite Bony's at 11am on the Sunday morning and a lovely lady Doc saw me immediately. I had an injection and she lanced and bandaged the bite and gave me a prescription. It did cost me 70 euros in total but it was worth it. Where would you find a Doctor in England who would see you so quickly on a Sunday morning.

Just wanted to share this experience just in case anyone is nervous about seeing a Doctor whilst in PP

Jessiebean
Old 10-01-2008, 06:51

Default Re: DOCTORS - Update Required

All

My Mum and Dad will be in the port ofr 4 weeks in a few weeks time

I want to leave them with the number of an English speaking doctor , just in case they need one

Does anyone know whether or not the Doctor mentioned earlier in this post is still at the surgery near Bony's/Dakota ?
Old 10-01-2008, 07:07

Unfortunately I needed a doctor a couple of years ago and the first one I saw came from Alcudia (sent for by the hotel)and was grumpy/ English was iffy.

The 2nd time I saw a lovely doctor from the surgery in the square mentioned in this post. He was also extremely good looking and took my hand doing nothing for my pulse rate All the staff in the Singala wanted me to call him back in again! His English was excellent and so was his bedside manner

Sadly, I had to leave early as I was quite poorly (never needed that emoticon before on this site!) but he gave us a certificate which meant we could claim our insurance.

Your parents would be in safe hands if they were unfortunate enough to need a doctor which I hope not.

Oh and he was 10 euro cheaper to call out than the Alcudia Doctor. Handsome, gentle and cheap - my kind of man!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:42

Do you know his number

Not essential if you don;t ... I will be there with them for the first few days o can call in and ask for the number
Old 11-01-2008, 01:35
Founder

Hi,

I've just found the card of the place on the square (opposite Bonys):

Address Carrer Ponent 1
Tel 971 86 44 86

We've always been there when we needed a Doctor but you do tend to see different ones - they've all spoken some English. The last one I saw was Argentinian, I think.