Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Gommar Goffer
  • 4 Post By Tommo
  • 3 Post By Gommar Goffer
  • 2 Post By Smiddy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-07-2012, 16:48

Default Owners beware

This is a tale of caution for any owners in and around the port and agents alike.

I have recently had a very annoying and distressing thing happen to me.

Some 12 months ago I agreed to rent my property on a long term basis through a female agent. Many of you already know of her!

The tenants were an English couple, a chap and a female and her daughter.

The subsequent upshot of all of this is that the tenents have paid 1 months rent, racked up huge electricity bills and left me as a pariah in my community (tenants kept promising to pay community dues!)

I have now found out that the female does this all the time and that the chap is a drunkard!!

The result is that I have been left well and truly out of pocket. My solicitor says that this is becoming more and more common in the current economic climate.

So if you are renting, get a deposit, set up online banking to check all is well, set up direct debits for rent, rates, elec etc and get a signed contract.

If you want to know who these people are then PM me because if their names appear here this post will probably disappear.

RobnAnna likes this.

Last edited by pollensa; 27-07-2012 at 18:53.
Sponsored Links
Old 27-07-2012, 19:41
Super Moderator

Hi GG i am so sorry that this has happened to you, i am afraid there are a lot of very unscrupulous people in the world. Just don't know how they can sleep at night .
Old 27-07-2012, 20:38

So sorry to hear that GG. I know who you are talking about and I'm sure lots of others do too.
Old 28-07-2012, 14:38

Not trying to be a clever dick, but i would simply never rent my apartment out to anyone who i didn't know personally, it's just not worth it. Sorry to hear about your predicament.
Old 28-07-2012, 15:29

Thanks Smiddy - unfortunately when someone you thought you could trust turns bad there is not a lot you can do
Old 28-07-2012, 15:48

Hi GG. Really really sorry to hear this. I think you are probably like me and want to believe that every one is like you and would'nt dream of doing anything remotely like this. Unfortuneatley they are'nt. I had a similar problem a couple of years ago, where people I trusted and even regarded as "friends", did'nt/ would'nt /could'nt pay and eventually cost me my business, as well as several thousands of pounds.It leaves a real bad taste in the mouth and you wonder if you'll trust anyone again. Al I can say is I hope they get their comeuppance. Tommo
Sparky, Lorenzo, RobnAnna and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Tommo; 28-07-2012 at 16:00. Reason: pressed wrong button in error.
Old 31-07-2012, 17:19
Under Moderation

So sorry to hear this has happened to you also, this has happened to us but regarding another thing, I know for a fact which isn´t very rewarding for you that you and me both aren´t the first and neither are we the last. This is such a shame that trust can be abused so badly. Good luck
Old 31-07-2012, 21:57

Default Duff local agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
Thanks Smiddy - unfortunately when someone you thought you could trust turns bad there is not a lot you can do
Too true GG - I have suffered at the hands of this same 'lady' when she was supposedly looking after my apartment.

Really hope that you are getting things sorted out now.
Old 02-08-2012, 00:16

name and shame gg no harm in making others aware, there are 2 sides to every story and i'm sure if the other party disputes what you say they wont be long in replying and giving their side
Old 02-08-2012, 11:35

So sorry to hear of your problem must have been very stressful,
makes my wallet theft in the large Eroski near the roundabout by
a pickpocket seem petty ! I am still trying to get back the 600 euro
from my Spanish Bank BBVA.
Old 02-08-2012, 15:11

sorry gers - if I was not put the names on the open forum I am sure Pollensa would have to remove the post to cover herself legally.

I have no problem in telling people who to avoid in a Private Message and that way this information will continue to appear and inform - I am sure you understand
Belladonna, Sparky and Lorenzo like this.
Old 02-08-2012, 18:28

I rather fancy that if the agents name was set out in a post and the incident was factual, there would be little to excersize the legal bods. After all, it's no worse than any of us stating that xyz car hire company rents tatty cars or that a certain airline is rubbish. Providing that no one alleges intentional wrongdoing by the agent, I don't see a problem.
Old 02-08-2012, 23:09

life is had some real boulders to deal with over the past 5 years, my motto is that their need must be greater than mine, and I am still living and surviving, financially we take the knocks, but we can always survive and sleep at night with a clear conscious, the offending parties will not be as content in their life as the victim where financial issues are concerned
Old 03-08-2012, 16:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyarcade View Post
life is had some real boulders to deal with over the past 5 years, my motto is that their need must be greater than mine, and I am still living and surviving, financially we take the knocks, but we can always survive and sleep at night with a clear conscious, the offending parties will not be as content in their life as the victim where financial issues are concerned
I really don't think people like that give a monkeys!
Rosie34 and car77 like this.