Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 12:30
Super Moderator

Default Meet the Mayor.

This event is being held in Hardleys on Tuesday 8th November @ 19.00, in association with Europeos por Espana, Kate Mentink (councilor and minister for tourism and foreign affairs) will be doing a presentation for expats living here or property owners, Tomeu Cifre (the mayor of Pollensa) will also be attending and will be available to answer any questions we have.

Last edited by Sparky; 04-11-2011 at 12:34.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2011, 22:56

I understand that this group are demanding the return of the very useful Residencia Card for British Ex Pats which would be great as I just hate having to produce the horrid green paper and my passport when official identifaction is required. They have an on line petition that you can sign just by logging onto their website - they intend to present it to the government quiet soon so please sign the petion asap if you are interested.
Old 09-11-2011, 13:28
Super Moderator

This was posted on facebook this morning:-

EPORE ROADSHOW HITS PORT POLLENSA
Europeos por España (EporE) headed north to Port Pollensa on Tuesday 8th November for a meeting at Hardleys Diner. Local residents had the opportunity to meet EporE committee members and the Mayor of Pollensa, Sr Tomeu Cifre.
Honorary President of EporE, Kate Mentink, explained the aims and objectives of the association including the return of the Residencia Card, its campaign for the right to vote in Spanish regional and national elections, and its fight against the unfair levels of inheritance tax for non-Spanish residents in Spain.
The Mayor of Pollensa, Tomeu Cifre; spoke in English about his work in office and his desire to make Pollensa a better place to live. He highlighted the two new schools, the football pitch and the improvement in the quality of drinking water in the town and the port. He also explained that an administration centre for the town hall was now operating in the port.
Issues raised by the residents who attended included the proposed pedestrian area in Port Pollensa, ways to improve winter tourism and the lack of information on the internet about the town.
Kate Mentink closed the meeting by explaining how people can save money on electricity bills by joining EporE, thanks to an agreement that the association has with Gesa Endesa.
The meeting served as a successful initial contact between EporE, ex-pats living in the area and the Mayor, and further meetings and interaction will now take place in the future.
There is more information n EporE at Europeos por España.
Old 22-11-2011, 14:22
Super Moderator

I read on the front page of todays Daily Bulletin that the Residency Card will be brought back and sooner rather than later. It seems the new Partido Popular government is aware of the campaign to reinstate it and will address it probably in February, it was a part of the Balearic Presidents local election manifesto back in May. According to Kate Mentink it does not need a change in law, just a modification of the rules.
Old 23-11-2011, 14:43
Super Moderator

Have heard that Tomeu Cifre (the mayor) has dismissed the plans for the pedestrianisation of the coast road mainly because of parking issues. The council are now going to look at a one-way system and also making the waste ground behind the health centre into a proper carpark.
Old 23-11-2011, 19:59
Banned

A missed opportunity methinks re the coast road pedestrianisation.....................but any waste land being utilised for something better gets my vote.
Old 23-11-2011, 23:35

NOOOO!

Can't believe the plan to pedestrianise the coast road has been blown out. The front is now beginning to look really tatty and that stupid narrow pavement after the bridge to the roundabout is really not wide enough for the flow of people in the height of the season. Not sure why they think parking is an issue as they could have stlll retained the marina car park and put in a service road (to be used within a time restriction early in the day) so lorries could unload to the shops and bars. Great shame, and very shortsighted of them, as I really think that pedestrianisation between the roundabout and Avenida de Paris would have made a huge improvement to the resort.
Old 24-11-2011, 00:02

I agree with you Debz. It certainly would have been a great improvement and would have 'lifted' the area significantly.
You are right too regarding them pavement areas - so many times accidents are waiting to happen. There is often little, alternative to walking in the road due to number of people.

This is very short sighted and in my opinion an opportunity lost. What a great shame.
Old 24-11-2011, 10:44

Personally I am a little cautious of any pedesrianisation. Having visited a few of the resorts on the south coast, they all seem a bit impersonal and samey and I would hate PP to fall into the same trap.