Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 05:08
minicooper

Default best areas to buy property in Puerto Pollensa

Hi, this is my first post so forgive me if I break any existing etiquettes!! As a family we have been coming to Puerto Pollensa for many years and completely under its spell. We are now looking to buy a property and would be extremely grateful for the views of forum members where to and not to purchase.
In particular we have been looking at Ca'n Singala and wonder whether there are any issues with respect to noise and disturbance from the Thomson hotel and the football ground.
Properties here seem to command a premiun. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2008, 06:48
Founder

Hi minicooper,

welcome to the forum. I think that above all you need to choose an area that you know & like. If you don't know Ca'n Singala that well why not rent for a week in that area. I would also say be wary of buying just for investment or for rental income - if that is your intention.

I think Ca'n Singala always looks a lovely area but I know that the houses are older & you may have to look at issues such as possible damp. Does any one else have experience of owning or staying in Ca'n Singala?
Old 10-02-2008, 07:55

Have never stayed in c'an singala but have stayed close by for the last 14 years

We have always though that C'an Singala was a lovelly area and some of the houses have been beautifully renovated

No trouble with noise from either the football ground or the Thompson hotel, but not very lound and not too ........... but we are further away than C'an Singala

Also beware .... a friend of ours rented in C'an singala

It was a lovelly house but somewhat spoiled by it being right on the perimeter fence of the Thompson Hotel. No trouble from the hotel BUT there was a 3 story building within 20metres of their bedroom window, so the lovelly garden they had seen on the marketing literature was actually just below a 3 story block of holiday apartments.
Old 13-02-2008, 15:19

Default best areas to buy property in Puerto Pollensa

Thank you for your feed back. I think we have a rough idea of where we want to be, generally from the centre towards the military base and will be coming back out again in April to continue our quest for a property. Ca'n Singala will stay on our list for the time being - all we can do is visit and see what properties become available.
I am sure that it will be a case of getting the right feeling when we see something that we like.
Old 13-02-2008, 20:55

Default C'an Singala

We had friends who stayed in a pretty villa (Stella Maris) in C'an Singala for a number of years. It was a great location - quiet, handy for the Pine Walk beach and a gentle stroll into town. Once the Thomson Hotel complex was built it did get noisier - mainly at night when you could hear the music - not terribly loud but definitely audible. Stopped quite early though and I certainly wouldn't let it put me off. Only real problem was one night when there was a rock concert on at the Football stadium - now that was LOUD but worse of all the kids all dumped their cars in the street and it started VERY late - would think that was a rare occurance though.

One bonus of the recent building in that area is that there is a well stocked spar just opposite the Singala Hostal which is good and gives the Bonanca a run for its money. Still feels quiet rural though and the odd wild goat can be spotted grazing along the side of the road.
Old 21-02-2008, 10:19

Thank you Lala for your amusing and informative input. Tony's Spar shop is indeed fantastic.

Hadn't realised that the football ground could be used for concerts etc and this is certainly worth keeping in mind if one places a premium on a quiet life.

On our last visit we also noticed one or two abandoned cars - maybe they were left over from the concert rebellers!