Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   Tourist stays (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/14996-tourist-stays.html)

Sparky 27-08-2022 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobley (Post 135850)
I fully understand that you can all agree to not allow touristic rentals but I didn't realise you could stop any rentals whatsoever. I certainly wouldn't buy such a property and I imagine having this "covenant " will seriously reduce its value. I let any of my family and friend stay in my house and now with fuel prices reaching insane levels in the UK I have my folks wanting to stay long term too. Also, if things get worse i might have to rent my place long term to make a bit more cash. Im not condoning your neighbours behaviour but I can see their point. It's so restrictive it makes no sense. I would wager a beer that's its not legal to restrict someone's use of their own property to such a degree.

Just be aware that fuel prices are eye watering here, my average electric bill was around 180 euros a month in winter but rose to over 400 euros last Dec, Jan and Feb.

Julian Simms 27-08-2022 18:17

[QUOTE=bobley;135850]I fully understand that you can all agree to not allow touristic rentals but I didn't realise you could stop any rentals whatsoever. I certainly wouldn't buy such a property and I imagine having this "covenant " will seriously reduce its value. I let any of my family and friend stay in my house and now with fuel prices reaching insane levels in the UK I have my folks wanting to stay long term too. Also, if things get worse i might have to rent my place long term to make a bit more cash. Im not condoning your neighbours behaviour but I can see their point. It's so restrictive it makes no sense. I would wager a beer that's its not legal to restrict someone's use of their own property to such a degree.[/QUOTE.]

From what I understand the State can’t (if it meets the councils regulations) but a community can to avoid having strangers in the complex every few days/weeks.

I can’t see a community complaining about family or friends staying, nor should they. Can’t be legal to try and stop them either.

Apparently there is such a thing as a “Contrato de cesión de vivienda” which puts down in writing that the owner cedes his property free of charge for an undetermined period of time to the party stated in the contract.

Having this cheap piece of paper should solve the problem mentioned.

In theory !

alcanadakid 27-08-2022 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deanscroft (Post 135851)
There appears to be a misunderstanding here regarding the property owners imputed income tax. This relatively small annual tax is not a tax on any income derived from letting the property but a tax levied on the value of holiday homes and second homes. It is more a type of wealth tax. Any income derived from letting the property, be it paid in Spain or abroad, must be declared on Form 210 and will be taxed at 25%

I wouldn’t describe this as small. Ours runs into four figures. It has increased this year from 19% to 24% because of Brexit

Deanscroft 28-08-2022 07:55

My understanding is that for a non-resident the amount of property owners imputed income tax is calculated by taking 2% of the valor catastral and then taxing this at a flat rate of 25%. Therefore for a apartment with a VC of 200,000 euros the tax will be 1000 euros.

bobley 28-08-2022 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 135852)
Just be aware that fuel prices are eye watering here, my average electric bill was around 180 euros a month in winter but rose to over 400 euros last Dec, Jan and Feb.

Spanish electricity is 20c/kwh compared to 49c/kwh at home( although it's going up another 20%). I have no gas in UK and use a heat pump so my average bill is £418/month... also, I'll be able to ride my bike and keep fit in Spain... if I can stay out of Can Moixet🤣

bobley 28-08-2022 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deanscroft (Post 135855)
My understanding is that for a non-resident the amount of property owners imputed income tax is calculated by taking 2% of the valor catastral and then taxing this at a flat rate of 25%. Therefore for a apartment with a VC of 200,000 euros the tax will be 1000 euros.

That's a big property. My 156m2 townhouse is no palace but the tax was €557 due next week.