Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Gommar Goffer
  • 1 Post By Lorenzo
  • 1 Post By ryansclan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2019, 07:59

Default Building and contents insurance

Hi All - we need to change our insurance provider (previously did this through Sabadell) - can anyone recommend a good local company? I'm sure I have seen a recommendation recently for a company beginning with 'M' but a search doesn't bring up anything.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2019, 08:34

You could try Axa in the old town. I have my car insurance with them and easy to go to. Marga on reception speaks reasonable English
El Gordo likes this.
Old 01-04-2019, 14:37

Kate - this could be Mapfre. We have our insurance with and they have a local agent. If this is the one I will try and dig his contact details out.
Old 01-04-2019, 14:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
You could try Axa in the old town. I have my car insurance with them and easy to go to. Marga on reception speaks reasonable English
You can also do AXA on line. We did this and it was €100 cheaper than that what we were quoted for by the bank for identical cover.
Old 01-04-2019, 21:20

When I closed my Banco Sabadell account, I approached the agents (Siquier) who manage our block of apartments to see if they could arrange insurance for me.

Siquier arrange the insurance for the block with Axa and it turned out that I could obtain insurance for my apartment for a very reduced rate with Axa as it is in the block that is already insured by them.

This would only possibly apply if you have an apartment, but may be worth checking out with your managing agents?
Gp1602 likes this.
Old 24-04-2019, 11:39

We use Liberty Seguros, arranges through an English speaking broker Neil Rowley in Palma Tel + 34 971720807
We’ had to make a claim last year after the floods and it was handled v smoothly
Old 24-04-2019, 14:09

(Feels stupid for letting Sabadell just take €300 as the policy rolled over last week)
Old 16-05-2019, 16:51

Hi all,
We are buying an in Pollensa, third floor flat about 75m . We were quoted 600 euros to insure this but this seems very high, in the UK it would be about £115 for buildings only. Again, in UK the Freeholder insures the block and a proportion is paid by each leaseholder but obviously Spain is different. Is it worth shopping around?
Old 21-05-2019, 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky230 View Post
Hi all,
We are buying an in Pollensa, third floor flat about 75m . We were quoted 600 euros to insure this but this seems very high, in the UK it would be about £115 for buildings only. Again, in UK the Freeholder insures the block and a proportion is paid by each leaseholder but obviously Spain is different. Is it worth shopping around?
Its ALWAYS worth shopping around! I went with my Bank's insurance for a three year deal as they gave me a better deal on other the other stuff, but there were better deals to be had.
Old 21-05-2019, 17:48

I too did a three year deal with CaixaBank when we bought our property last year. The deal allowed me to transfer all the purchase funds into my Spanish account free of fees. However, in 2021 I’ll certainly have a look around.....I was an Insurance Broker before I retired!
Old 25-05-2019, 16:28

We use Linea Directa. Took it out online but they have English speaking staff. About 1/3 of what we paid previously through our bank. We had a claim last year and it was settled quite quickly with no excess.
driftwood likes this.