Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Items Wanted/For Sale

Items Wanted/For Sale For individuals only. You may post your request for Items Wanted or For Sale. Please prefix your headings WANTED or FOR SALE.

No Trade Advertisements or Property For Sale please. To Advertise on the main site please see Advertise

This forum is now MODERATED. Please be patient and wait for your post to be APPROVED. Thank you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 17:04
Super Moderator

Default Entire contents of Los Pescadores.

All furniture, kitchen equipment, crockery, glassware and cutlery from this popular restaurant which has to close at the end of October due to the redevelopment of the building.
Please call 971 866 274.
Old 12-10-2010, 20:39

I get the feeling there will be more of these adverts to follow. What a shame as she has worked hard to make this a popular venue - she still has the baguette place on sea front near Tolos.
Old 13-10-2010, 16:15

Unhappy

Well, I never thought I'd see that advert on here. Very sad. I hope Maria does well in whatever she does next.

Tony
Old 13-10-2010, 23:28

For me it is a sad day when real character wins over profit and income - golden egg and all that

Take away the restaurants - take away the soul - who wants to walk along rows of flats?
Old 13-10-2010, 23:39

Take away the restaurants - take away the soul - who wants to walk along rows of flats?

Agree with you there GG......very sad and I wish some miracle would come along to put a stop to this!! Such a beautiful place to spend an evening, it will be sorely missed. Not a lot of places left now along the Pinewalk!!
Old 22-10-2010, 08:11

I agree - it's a shame to see Katys looking so derelict and now Pescadores closing. I just hope that they dont replace it with another sports bar. We were walking along the front and heard this awful loud din, and couldnt imagine where it was coming from - it was the new Sports Bar - its like a blot on the landscape and ruins the whole character and ambience of the place, so just hope that this doesnt happen to Pine Walk.
Old 22-10-2010, 08:38
Super Moderator

Not a sports bar Rosie it will become a block of flats . It is killing the Pinewalk .
Old 22-10-2010, 11:30

Agree Sparky - like we need another block of flats. It's just so sad that the character and peacefulness of Pine Walk is being lost - never to be replaced. And imagine the disruption while the building work is going on. I'm all for necessary change but .............
Old 22-10-2010, 22:26

Only discovered Los Pescadores this year. What a shame! Was so looking forward to more memorable meals on the terrace.

Pity.

Duncan
Old 23-10-2010, 00:20

Have you thought what it was before it became a restaurant? Well, it was a house. I don't have ay wories about developing worn out property and replacing it with more or less the same stock.

PeRu
Old 23-10-2010, 08:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeRu View Post
Have you thought what it was before it became a restaurant? Well, it was a house. I don't have ay wories about developing worn out property and replacing it with more or less the same stock.

PeRu
It may be the same 'stock' ie housing, but it will not be in the same traditional style - although the use changed before - the character of the building didn't! and we're not talking about necessary social housing - just about making a fast buck probably!
Old 23-10-2010, 10:38

I can see both sides to this one. I agree with PeRu that Pescadores used to be residential so see no reason why it shoudn't be reverted back to that, albeit apartments. My problem with it is the style that property developers are using for all the new apartment blocks. Glass and chrome monstrosities that look like futuristic science labs I mentioned this to Bob McCallum last week and he said that was style the council wanted and had banned the more traditional Andalucian style of building. Madness!!!

As for making a fast buck...I don't blame the land owner for that..Who wouldn't